Posts by itinerant child

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

If you have to park up on damp or wet mud or grass it is always worth while parking on four off cuts of plank and putting a bit extra or a few stones in front of the wheels that drive the vehicle so that you can get traction to pull off rather than spinning the wheels and risking getting stuck :-)

If it is dry when you park up and you hear the rain or snow coming down and that may cause problems to getting out in the mornoing,deal with it straight away and find more solid ground rather than waiting until morning :-)

You gettting stuck or messing up the park up can make it next to impossible for others or oneself to park up there in the near future. xxxx

Am thinking that after five months off work travelling around the mountains that it will feel strange going back to work on monday !! Have got a few jobs lined up between now and springtime which should be enough to pay for next summers travels and freedom too :-)

First job is a couple of small dry stone walls not far north of Beziers in haut languedoc which will be an easy way back in offering job satisfaction and a few quid then following that I shall be starting to point a house for the ex wales rugby team manager in aveyron.

Am thinking that getting back to work will not be too bad and it will be nice to boost the travel funds. If diesel was free,maybe I could get away with 5 TO 6 weeks work a year,however 10 to 12 is a must until then !!

Also thinking that the nomadic life and lack of overheads is brilliant :-)

Love and light to you all xx

Move :-)

Please can you keep me a bumper sticker aside for as long as it takes until I can get you an address to send one to. It may not be until next spring.

You have seen the collection of stickers that I have my van and the ukh one would be a much appreciated addition to the collection.

Cheers steve xxxx

During the Ireland - Wales rugby game in dublin yesterday and something that happened that to me was the epitome of great sportsmanship.

Dan Biggar the welsh number ten intercepted a ball and ran most of the way down the pitch only to get tackled by some excellent irish defence just as he reached the line. It looked like it was going to be the usual visit to the video ref to see if the ball did get touched down or not,but Biggar turned around and said to the ref that he did not get the ball down saving time with his honesty and showing great oval spirit.

Ireland won this pre world cup friendly , but I will remember the game for that act of sportsmanship. Well done Dan Biggar , I hope that other players watch you and learn. :-)

Would love to see Burgundy have a shower as there has been no rain here for ages and ages and the entire region is very much like the serengeti and could not be more yellow. I am looking forward to a bit of wet stuff to help out nature.

35 here today so mostly been hiding in forests ;-)

Exactly what he said ;-)

Huge credit to both of them,but yeah stoksey can certainly deliver when he has to.

I loved the comment from one of the tms crew saying that ' it was a performance of a lifetime and his second of them in 6 weeks '

I only caught the last hour of the match and what an hour.

Well done England :-)

Shocking result by the English cricket team,but damn good effort by the rugby boys who are currently giving Ireland a damn good thrashing !!

Final score - England 57- Ireland 15 OH LA LA

Wishing you courage and inspiration Paul to find something that works well. If you can not be bothered to fight and do not find inspiration,do not forget that there are many of us who appreciate very much all the effort that you have put into keeping both ukh and CC going.

I would like to see you keep going but will also understand if you call it a day,but will always remember how hard you have tried to keep a good forum going and thank you very much for it.

You are a good man and I hope that you find a direction that makes both you and us smile.

Good luck my friend

Love and light

fly xx

Bad news - England won last week which meant that we did not officially become the number one team in the world

Good news - Wales beat England this weekend and have now officially knocked the All Blacks off the number one spot and now in the world rankings are the best team in the world :-) The all blacks have held onto that number one position for 500 weeks :-o

This is the first time that it has ever happened and it is so well deserved as everyone involved in welsh rugby has been working hard towards making this happen.

I am one very happy rugby loving hippy :-)

Am a fan of mountains,so here in France I spend a lot of time in the alps,pyranees and the massif central and have favourite places in all of them,but also have favourite spots in fiji,new zealand,california,australia and other places hard to pin down one in particular.

I will have to keep visiting this thread with my special places.

Pic carlit in the pyranees is a great place to sit and feel spiritual,happy and cold at just under 3 thousand meters. Have climbed-walked upto that spot about half a dozen times and will certainly go there again. Top spot xx

Back with more soon :-)

Born and bred baby :-)

However, Having just a few minutes ago just ended our 14 match winning streak to england,I feel like I should say no,but really,yes am welsh and proud even if I have forgotten half of my welsh vocabulary :-)

England host Wales at twickers tomorrow in a pre world cup " friendly " !!

Due to Australia thrashing the all blacks today ( 47 - 26 ) in the four nations rugby tournament in the southern hemisphere,wales are now unofficially in 1st place in the world rankings which get changed on mondays.

However a win by England would stop this happening,so shall be singing my heart out tomorrow for a welsh win. ( well,would do that normally if I am honest )

Number one team in the world - yeah baby yeah :-)

I was watching five baby tawny owls flying around the little hamlet ( not a cigar ) where my friends live last night and enjoyed seeing them all land side by side on the telephone wire. They squeeked away right through the night and I went to sleep listening to them. Lovely xx