Posts by moonpup

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Does anyone know which part of the wall is best to go and visit?? we will be going during the daytime as well and I have no idea which part of the wall is the best area to go and see.... Me and my friends are medieval nutters so would like to see some castles or forts........

Cant decide whether to go to Segedunum Fort to see the theatrical performence leading to the first beacon to be lit, or to go to Carlisle and go rampaging through the streets with drums and firetorches and yomp up a hill up to the wall.......

mmm both sound good :D

Pic from this weeks practice run....

Cant wait.....

Thats quite a good one, makes you think about what other people cant have.

yeah not bad considering it came from my dad, not sure if he made it up or nicked it from somone else... goes to show that philiosphy does not have to be complex or come from great intellectuals....:D

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived."

Dead Poets Society Quote

The one to go to this year in the UK is Eden festival up in scotland, loads of world, chill, psy-trance music in a lovely forest up in a mountain.. Looked amazing last year.

Your right, I havent even looked yet :P
    Thanx

Yeah there are a few up there, beathearder is an annual festival, there used to be a great festival called shamania.... psy-trance, chill, techno.. Great parties scattered around pendle hill..... Dont happen no more though. I think they have some green gatherings up there as well.

ahhh i have always wanted to go burning man festy, have had heard so many stories from there...

Yeah it is the one you have to go to at least in your lifetime.... Costs an arm and a leg though because you have to pay for festival ticket, flights, hostels, camper vans, shade domes, shelters, bikes, food, water etc etc.... But should be worth it...

I just got this in an e-mail from the organisers of the event!

Congratulations you have been successful in your application to become an illuminator for the Illuminating Hadrians Wall Event on march 13th.

:woohoo:

Nice one... still in 2 minds if I am gonna volunteer, a load of my mates are coming up with me.... Like the sound of lighting the beacons but also like the sound of wandering all night beacon to beacon and going on adventures....

We are taking up a tent/shelter, food and booze and gonna go all night dusk till dawn..... Hopefully be able to light some fires and stuff as well.

I was part of a meditation society a few years ago and they said that we can never fully clear our mind or stop the thoughts... so what we should do is create one thought in our mind and concentrate on that and all the other thoughts will disapear... Those thoughts can take the form of mantras...

Yeah was a good party...

I liked the venue, I thought it was ideal for the size of crowd and the party had an intimate vibe to it which was cool.... Decor was nice too.

Walked in and cosmonaughty and uneven steven were playing some really good chill out upstairs in the bar.. I wanted to spend longer upstairs, but downstairs was sounding so good. Went down stairs and captain kevman was playing some really good tunes, I really enjoyed seeing lunar seed.. great underground sounds, definatley wanna check him out again sometime, highlight of the night... I left with cosmonaughty playing some pounding psy, but i could not stop long because i had to get up early!! sounded great when i left though.

So yeah was a cool night and what this city needs, hope there is another one... yeah big thanks to Anton for sorting it out, shame he had to spend so much time on the door instead of enjoying the night........

cheers mate!!

Can personally recommend Sunrise, last year was brilliant, kids loved it, the sun came out and as the title suggests the Sunrise was beautiful:thumbup:

Yeah thats a good one, and I think the festival is split into 2 parts this year, well thats what i read a few months ago..... There will be the normal sunrise festival and another smaller festivals dedicated to spiritual advancement and talks.....

Oh yeah, out of the ordinary festival.. just got my photos developed today, it was amazing last year... really recommend it!!

May be similar to the scene from this film, half way through the youtube video.. They plan to set lights from one side of the wall to the other..... They are actually looking for 500 people to volunteer and stand on the wall throughout the night to set fires... cool or what!!

i LOVE hadrians wall, and have walked bits of it in the past.

i would love to go to that, and might well do, so thank you for bringing that to my attention! :D

I think it will be a once in a lifetime thing to see.. some of my most cherished memories in life evolve around these type of usually free old historic gathering type of things!! Summer solstice at castlerigg stone circle in lake district, summer solstice at glastobury tor (wow I can still picture it now), and a performence at the outdoor minack theatre down in porthcuarno beach in cornwall, watching the thunder and waves crashing in around the theatre chipped into the cliff rocks, watching Richard the third play.....

:D:D:D:D

I would agree about the site though - not an ideal setting for a festival.

Thats the reason why i did not go to this festival........... but my most accounts i have read it was good overall!