Posts by caz241

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

I'm 43 with pink dreads and wear hippy, goth and pixie clothes, or a mixture :D
    I do think twice about some clothes nowadays that I would have just worn without thinking when I was younger, but that's more to do with some clothes that have more of a "young" feel to them rather than because of them being hippy/goth, etc.
    I try to just wear what I like, but make it my own style, so it doesn't date like fashion does, and hopefully it means I don't look like mutton dressed as lamb.

I know where you're coming from- I'm in a similar position myself at the moment. I have been signed off work since he middle of Decemebr due to work stress and I have put in a complaint about my line manager. I have just been to the frst meeting with my union rep, a member of Personnel and the next manager up from my line manager today. Even if they sort it, the way I feel at the moment I don't want to go back there, but the thought of working somewhere else new also terrifies me.

Not an answer or much help to you I'm afraid, but you're not alone in these things happening. I'm also tryong to work out my different options while I'm off before deciding what to do next.

It's been 18 years for me, and people still make snide remarks, but I just try to ignore them.
    The worst thing is that it's my parents, sister and in-laws who are the ones who still make these comments, or don't check if something is veggie or not, but we don't see them too often so I can put up with it.

Keep up the good work :)

Hi wurzel, here's your reading:

I think you're in a pretty good place in life generally, though you have a lot going on at times. You are balanced and content in your own skin. You're young at heart, but wise beyond your years, which makes for a very engaging, friendly personality. People come to you for advice, and also to have a good time as there's never a dull moment when you're around. Other's feel comfortable in your presence, and probably confide in you, even if they weren't intending to.

You know all about alternative points of view and looking for solutions to problems in unconventional ways. You know when to wait, and when to take action. Rome wasn't built in a year, and this is something you understand; you're in it for the long haul. Some people many be impatient and want results straight away, but you're happy to put the wheels in motion and wait for everything to take it's time to play out to get the result you want. This means that at times you take the longer, harder path to get to where you want to be, but you know this is ultimately the best one for you to take. Despite any problems along the way, as long as you keep going you'll get there in the end, and then the fun can really begin!

You haven't always shown everyone in your life the "real" you, but as time goes by you're less worried about how others perceive you and what they think, and it's more important to be true to yourself. You've started to "take off the mask" and show people what's underneath. Not everyone is as understanding as you'd like, but you know that this is their issue, and not yours. In an ideal world you'd like everyone to be on your wave length and to think along the same lines as you do, but unfortunately it's not an ideal world. This is a one of the problems of being "alternative" to what most people think of at the "norm". You would rather be as you are, but it can be frustrating at times when others just don't understand that there is an alternative to what they are doing.
    Other people often see you as being caring and helpful, though they may think that you go out of your way to make life harder for yourself than is necessary. You know that though it may look like this to them, to you you're living with your conscience, making ethical and moral decisions based on what you belive in. At the end of the day, this is all that matters really.

Thanks for letting me do a reading for you, Caroline :)

Hi ayami, I drew 3 cards for you for your date this weekend.
    The first one shows a figure retreating from the world for a bit, having a rest, conserving energy for later when they'll be ready to spring into action.
    The second shows a figure standing tall and pround after a job well done, pleased with themselves and ready for action.
    The third shows a figure chained up away from home, but not struggling to get away.

I think you're going to have a pretty good weekend :) It looks like there will be a lot of action, some time to recover before getting going again, then more action, and probably some games, role play, and general kinkiness :)

Have fun!!

Hi arrby, the 6 of wands is traditionally about victory after difficulties, and others acknowledging this achievement.
    Thanks again for allowing me to do a reading for you, Caroline :)

Can you do one for me please. Post it on here. Cheers

Hi pyke13, here's your reading:

I think there's been some tears/upset and heartache recently, but this is coming to an end now. You feel you've put a lot of time and effort into a situation, but you weren't always appreciated, which is when eveything came to a head. You're working hard again now to get over this and things are starting to get back onto an even keel again and heading more in the direction you want. The message here is to remember to keep lines of communication open- talk things through when necessary to prevent the past from repeating itself again. Take time out to re-evaluate things and to check that you're on the right path and heading where you want to be going, try not to take things or people for granted- you know how that feels!

I think you're at a stage where you're doing quite a bit of self-reflecting and analysing of what's happened in the past and looking forward to the future. I think you know deep down what it is you want and what you want to achieve, now you need to consider how you're going to get to that point. You need to keep your heart and heart in balance. You're quite an emotional person. This is good, it's one of the reasons people want to be near you as they know you care, but sometimes you need to keep these emotions in check a little while you take a moment to step back from things and consider other options and possibilities. Keep a clear head, sit somewhere where you can have peace and quite and see what comes to you naturally from inside. Listen to your intuition, your inner feelings about the situation you're in and this can help you to view it more clearly and help you to decide what to do next.

I think you will be studying something you're interested in soon, if you're not already doing it. This is different from when you're at school and doing it because you have to, it's choosing to do it because you want to that makes it a lot more interesting and means you're more likely to succeed in it. It won't always be straightforward, there will be ups and downs, but hopefully you'll persevere and see it though. You may need to be prepared to stand up for yourself, for your beliefs, and justify why you're doing what you're doing at times, but you know in your heart of hearts you're doing the right thing for you, and so this is what is most important. Choose your words carefully, explain things well to people and they are more likely to understand your point of view, even if they don't agree with it.

Hope this has been relevant to you pyke13, take care, Caroline :)

Can you do a reading for me please?
    You can post it here.
    Thank you
    Rich

Hi again arrby, here is your reading:

Just as an aside, while I was shuffling the cards one fell out of the pack. I had a look at which one it was, put it back in the deck and carried on shuffling. I had the feeling that if it was a card that had a message for you it would come out again when I drew the cards, and sure enough, it did! In case you're interested as to which one it was, it's the 6 of Wands.

Anyway, on with your reading...I think you've got some choices to make at the moment, and they're not necessarily easy or straightforward ones to make. Things aren't always what they seem when you first look at them. By giving more attention to them and looking into what the outcome would be depending on which option you decide on will help you to make a better choice in the longrun. I think that whatever you decide to do won't be an easy choice and you won't be able to avoid upsetting people,or yourself, regardless of what you do. As long as you know you've made the best descision you could based on the information you have, you won't have to question or defend yourself later on.

You also need to try to remember that not everything is as bad or worrrying as it can at first seem. You have a tendency to blow somethings out of proportion while disecting what happened in your head. It's like when you're really tired and can't wait to go to bed, but as soon as you lie down and your head touches the pillow then your brain suddenly wakes up and starts going over everything in your head- past, present and potential future problems. This makes everything seem worse than it really is, and you worry over these things more than other people do. If there is someone you can trust to give you good advice and talk things through with you'll be able to see what the situation really is, and that it's not as bad as you sometimes imagine it to be.

Overall, there are positive times coming your way. You enjoy your home and like to make it comfortable for yourself and your visitors, you're the perfect host. You're not rolling in money, but you have what you need, and, more importantly, you make the most of what you have. You're a pretty parctical sort of person, and you try to look on the bright side of things where possible. Instead of thinking "I only have..." you're more likely to think "I'm so lucky to have..., lots of people don't even have that". That's what draws people to you, that and your hospitality. Anyone would be lucky to have you as their friend and will be affected positively by your attitude and actions.

I hope that resonated with you arrby, and thanks for letting me do a reading for you, Caroline :)

Hi whitepoppy :)

I'll just think of your name and ask the question "what does whitepoppy need to know?" while I'm shuffling the cards. I'll then deal out some cards and from the pictures on them interpret what I see into a message for you.

If you could let me know if you want me to write it up in this thread or send you a pm with the message, I'll get onto it later for you.

Caroline :D

Hi arrby and pyke13, I would love to do readings for you.

I'm busy with work today and tomorrow, so if I don't get a chance over the next day or so, I'll definately do them at the weekend for you.

Caroline :)

I've drawn cards for a general spread for you paranoid eyes.
    Here's your reading:

I think there has been some change or upheaval in your life recently, a fair amount of action going on. In the past you've felt stifled, shackled, and you were unhappy with the situation. You've been able to break free from this and to move on, forward to a new part of your life. Now you feel you are being more true to yourself than you were previously. You had become someone/something you didn't want to be. Not overnight, but over a long period of time, just small changes here and there until you realised one day that you weren't happy with the person you had become. Now you feel that you have been set free and have the opportunity to show the world who you really are, you don't need to hide behind a false face anymore. You can be a bit unsure at times as to what direction to take as you're not really sure where you're heading next, but if you look around you it should be obvious- all the signs are pointing in the same direction, showing you what to do next, you just have to take notice of them and things will start to fall into place. Try not to look backwards, but look forwards instead, to the new oppurtunities that are presentling themselves to you.

The theme of taking off your old mask and showing the world the real you is coming through again. It won't always be easy, but you have the inner strength to see things through, you just need to persevere. Look inside yourself and you'll realise that you're stronger than you think. Also, you need to realise that physical strength is not the be all and end all of things, having a strong personality and sticking to your convictions is another form of strength that is often overlooked. You may feel the need for some time alone to contemplate what is happening in your life and how you want to react to things going on and what you want to do next. There is nothing wrong in doing this. Research, contemplation, just a bit of time out for yourself can make all the difference to how you feel.

The final message here is to try to keep things in balance in your life. This isn't always easy, but it's worth putting in the time and effort as the rewards will be worth it. Try to keep calm in the midst of madness and chaos and things are more likely to go the way you want them to. Not everyone has your best interests at heart, so it's worth taking a moment to take stock of what's going on around you, try to distance yourself from those types of people, and aim to have more people in your life that do have your best interests at heart. Some people will look for the easy way rather than the right way. You need to decide if that's what you want, or if you want to do things the right way, even if it involves more effort and is possibly less strightforward.

Hope this resonates with you paranoid eyes :)

Sarah, for you I've done a two paths spread. This starts with showing where you are now, then shows the benefits, downsides and possible outcome of each choice.

Just as an aside, the cards that have come up here are quite interesting as out of 7 cards, 5 of them are Majors, which implies this is a pretty important thing you're contemplating, with one being the "where you are now" card, and the others coming up for the downsides and possible outcome for each option. For the "benefits" positions, both options drew Court cards- still important, but not quite as important as the other positions.

Anyway, sorry to babble, here's your reading:

Where you are now- there is someone in authority who is telling you what to do. I would guess this is the fact that your renewal has come through and you need to decide what to do next. You feel that you're expected to do a certain thing (renew) as this is what "most" people normally do, but you're not "most" people. You want to find all the facts out for yourself before you decide whether this is a wise thing to do or not. You don't want to rush into it, feel pushed into it, or do it just because you've been told to. Either way, I think this is a good sign as it means whatever option you take in the end you will be happy to live with as you will know it was the right thing for you to do at the time.

The benefits of each choice-
    Renew- renewing brings action. Whether this is action from yourself being an active member of the organisation, or from your membership fee enabling the organisation to take action. The action here feels to be setting free, taking off shackles, escape and the end to imprisonment, freedom. There's a sense of being true to yourself, showing the world who you are and what you believe in if you renew.
    Don't renew- This is more about finances. If you don't renew there will be less of a drain on your finances, both from the cost of renewal and any travel that may be associated with membership if you attend events/meetings, etc. The contrast here to the previous card is that in the last card people were removing their masks in the picture, whereas in this card people have their masks on. Is this option less the "real" you and more of a necessity maybe? You feel that it's more finance driven that heart driven choice/option.

The downsides of each choice-
    Renew- If you renew you worry that you don't know everything that the organisation stands for and is involved in. You need to make sure you have done plenty of research to satisfy yourself as something is niggling you about them, something you think they may be hiding or isn't clear to you. The other thing here is that if you renew this may have an effect on how other people view you too if they know you are a member. Not everyone understands your beliefs and feelings on this matter, and you may find you retreat into yourself a little to protect yourself from adverse comments.
    Don't renew- If you don't renew you may feel a bit left out, a bit lonely as you won't be in touch with the like minded people from the organisation so much. You may feel a bit set adrift, looking for something to do to fill the hole left from not renewing.

The possible outcome of each path-
    Renew- again, masks are being removed in this card. If you renew you are well and truely telling the world this is who you are and what you believe in. You passionately believe that great things can come from small beginnings, and so you will be proud to be a part of this and the action that you hope to accomplish by being a member. You may have to stand up to people or corporations/organisations that are bigger and more powerful than you and your organisation are, but together you have a chance to stand up for what you believe in and make a difference.
    Don't renew- this is a new start, a rebirth of sorts. A new chapter in your life is beginning, out with the old and in with the new. You will become a person shaped by past events, but not governed or controlled by them. This is a new start with a clean slate. You've come to the end of a cycle in your life, and feel the need to move on, to try something different. You will have the potential to grow as a person, to expand your experiences and be excited about what may be coming next.

Hope this resonates with you Sarah :)