Posts by lulu62uk

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

www.Beekeepingforum.co.uk

I have been a memeber for a while now as I was going to do this myself, but I have oe set of shitty neighbours and I know they will cause trouble and we have a usless council, so I haven't done it.

But the above place is brilliant and full of good people and great advice.
    Wishing you luck.

I know you don't want to go through them and it's horrid for you, but you know they *have* to get to the bottom of it all babes.

So I hope it all goes well today and they don't fuck up the tests this time.
    Let us know how you get on, much love,will be thinking of you xxxxx

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Well sorry but it does seem to be that way, for both sexes.

The hair follicles, sort of act as a trap door, think of them as a automatic fire door, once the hair falls out they slam shut, this they said was the bodies way of preventing germs entering the body, through the open follicles.

Once shut nothing can pass either way so you stay bald.

I lost all my hair in 1995, was horrid, as I had had seriously long hair down past my bum, in fact my hair was often longer than my skirts and shorts.

In 1997 I took part in a national trial in research into male and female baldness, I was on it for the next 8yrs.
    Over that perod of time, I tried various treatments, I'm still bald.

The worst was a set of injectionns into the scalp, I would give you details, but oh god i don't want to revisit that pain ever again, if you want to know more about the trials.

In 2005, I along with all the others who took part were invited to a lecture about the trails and research, the conculsion was that over all there had been some moderate success, with people who had been caught in the early stages, but that once you *HAD* gone completely bald, that's pretty much it. Sorry.

I feel very much as you do, when I was a bit younger it was fairly sexy and I could get *away* with it, if that's even the right term, but now I'm 46, it's not so sexy.

I avoid the mirror like the plaque, hate the way I look and still find it shocking when I do catch sight of myself.

Some days are just better than others with regard to my baldness and while I really really don't like it and would in truth like hair, I know deep down it is never going to happen, so I'll just have to get on with it and I do.

One thing I did learn from the trails was, just how much it affects men and their self esteem, some thing that I think is lost on a lot of people.

I bet like me you know so many jokes about it, but it isn't a joke.
    I wish you luck in your quest, however it will either not happen or it will be sodding expensive and still not work.

Being bald, doesn't stop you from being who you are, enjoying your life or interfer with how you live your life, personally I now feel that there are worse things that could happen to me other than being bald.

Your a good bloke and it shows in your posts, so enjoy being who you are.

Oh shit babes, not sure what you should do apart from seeing the Doc and asking them.

ps, just to cheer you up, Yracey the fish is doing really well:clap:

They're so beautiful, am gonna cry now.

Prtty baby pumpkin, so sweet.

I have to say Pumpkin, you don't look like a woman whose just given birth, you look awesome babes.

Silly old me, am crying now, all emotional. Babies are so cute, but she is just devine.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkisses and hugs for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

As today is the first of June, do we know yet what Junes challenge will be.

Ther's some really lovely stuff there in lastt months, but I think thr top award ( if we were giving out awards)

should go to the Moocher children:clap::clap:

Who are only little, but clearly very talented little crafters

Oh good grief julian,

am really sorry to hear this.

Send her my love when you do see her and tell her I hope it gets sorted soon.

much love to you both.

Hello Galaxy, welcome to our bit of cyber-space. I hope you will come to like it here.

There is no easy way to come to terms with the loss of a child.

You need to take all the time you need and not expect miricles of yourself at this early stage.

They say time is a healer, my take on that is that it is not exactly a healer, the more time that passes the easier it will be for you to accept this loss.

You may want to scream, cry, rant, rave and ask why, all these feelings are normal and you should allow yourself to do all of them, if you feel that way.

In the meantime, we will try to support you as best we can from afar, so feel free to talk about your baby, your feelings and your loss.

Much love xxxxx

Your alright Ricky, we all get heated in here from time to time.;)

I certainly have from time to time, but we're a good bunch, so don't be to cross with yourself.:rolleyes:

I guess if nothing else now there will be a fair few of us who watch this show now, which will lead us on to another [STRIKETHROUGH]row[/STRIKETHROUGH], I mean discussion lol.:insane:

Oh and so everyone knows, I don't blindly believe everything *experts* tell us, I just didn't want to see friends upset today, maybe not a good choice of words.:rolleyes:

Nutty jo, I love that photo:clap:

Look guys you can argue this back and forth, side to side, upside down and back to front.

However, Time Team C4, have done all the work for you and in a far better way.

They have spent the last 6yrs working on this and on Monday !st of June @ 21:00hrs there is a Time Team Special.

Looks like some of you are in for a surprise or two.

http://www.channel4.com/tv-listings/daily/2009/06/01

So in the meantime, lets be nice to each other and leave the real specualtion to the *experts*, who have far more evidence.

I really hope it all goes well today.

Sending you lots of love and healing vibes.

I really hope they get to the bottom of this for her.

what do I call my bus?

public transport:pp

ok i don't have a bus yet....but if I ever do I will call it Liberty in honor of all the freedom it would give me....in fact that's what every car I have ever owned has been called.

So it would have to be Liberty Bus