Welcome to UKHIppy
UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.
ive been sent these 2 recipes but i havent made either so i dont know what they are like.
Vegan chocolate cake
300g self raising flour
3 level tsp baking powder
50g cocoa powder
250g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
9 tbsp sunflower oil
250 ml orange juice
1 orange zested
8” loose bottomed tin (greased)
250g icing sugar
50g sunflower marg
3tbsp boiling water
preheat oven to 190°C
Sift the flour with the cocoa powder, baking powder and the sugar.
Mix with the rest of the ingredients
Whisk to a batter like consistency
Pour in tin, cook for 40 mins, until knife comes out of centre clean
icing: whizz altogether, spread over top and chill.
Vegan Chocolate Cake number 2
To make this vegan chocolate cake using carob instead of chocolate simply substitute carob chips and carob powder for the chocolate.
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c. grain sweetened chocolate chips, melted
- 12 oz. firm silken tofu, cut in large chunks
- 1 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. agave nectar
- 1 T vanilla
- Variation: substitute carob chips and carob powder for the chocolate
Vegan Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 3/4 c.melted grain sweetened chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 c. agave nectar
- 1 T vegan margarine
- 1 T coconut oil
- 6 oz. firm silken tofu
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- chocolate or vanilla almond milk(optional)
- Melt chocolate chips
- Place chocolate, agave nectar, margarine, coconut oil, and tofu
- With mixer on high, beat until smooth and creamy
- Beat in cocoa powder gradually until you reach desired stiffness (a layer cake requires a stiff icing that won't run down the sides of the cake)
- With a mixing spoon stir in coconut flakes
- If icing is too stiff stir in almond milk one T at a time until you reach desired stiffness
- Chill frosting in the fridge while you prepare cake
- Use to ice completely cooled cake
Vegan Chocolate Cake Directions:
- Prepare frosting and chill in fridge until cake is baked and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & oil cake pans
- Melt chocolate chips according to package instructions and set aside
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside
- Place melted chocolate, tofu, cocoa powder, agave nectar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth
- Pour chocolate mixture into flour and mix into a stiff batter
- Spread evenly in pans (an oiled spatula can help in this endeavor)
- 8" rounds bake for 20-25 minutes, 9"x12" sheet cake bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Remove from pans and cool on racks
- When cakes are completely cooled, frost and enjoy!
morning to you.
scared( white doesnt suit me):D:o
deaf, i said deaf
wonderfull pics from you all, glad you all had a great time.