Posts by Bigbear67

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Under the radar wins every time! I love my bus, converted 5.5tonne welfare bus converted with a mind to eventually full timing in it, but can't help thinking about a stealth type white van conversion for the reason it would be easier to hide! I see the logic in the argument for banding together as a pressure group, but we have seen that fail many times. Fact is the powers that be don't want nomads in society & will act to discourage us wherever they can. If that doesn't work they will eventually bring in laws to ban us & make us outlaws, been done many times in the past. If you can enjoy your situation low key & not attract attention it can only be in your favour....

Thanks mate, I'm sure he loves his ol' man even tho things are rocky a lot of the time. I did the best I could. Probably have that on my headstone....

I try every day to guide him & keep him on the right path, don't suppose I can do much more now except be there for him & hope for a reasonable result....☺

very loosely linked as no vans involved , but very pertinant nonetheless ...

Good film, seen it a few times & found it enjoyable. Got a thing for the oldies, from a much simpler time . Also love the old Ealing comedies too, just proper "feel good" entertainment....

Seems like yesterday I was sorting out the boy & his "booboos & ouchies" & trying to dry tears & offer reassurance. Then I woke up one morning & the little angelic boy who needed me so much had turned into a fuckin 6ft2ins 28stone ball of independence!

Now I sit & go through the years & curse myself for the mistakes I made & the fact that those times are gone now & I don't get to go back & make things right.....😕

Ok most try to make cash from youtube,selling merchandise, or advertising products ,but hey gd luck to em!, why not? It doesn't cost us anything and we dont have to even subscribe! I would never personally do it because I wouldn't want the exposure, but gd luck to them all, let's not be so grumpy hippies. As for the park up arguement, I dont see loads of youtube vanlife followers parking in any of my spots etc the damage has been done in the past by the convoy and the Irish travellers not by peeps in motorhomes !or youtube followers! We need to change the perception and mind set not by hiding away and fearing everything ,but by good example and hopefully good things will come!

You make a good point Boris. Can you give me the name of the shop where you got them rose tinted glasses please mate!?😁

In an ideal world I would agree with you buddy, but can't help thinking it can only end in tears. Gypsies wouldn't have a bad rep if they kept a low profile, & nobody had even heard of "new age travellers" till the convoy gathered its momentum. Sad to admit but it's all too easy to become a victim of your own success.....

As with anything, head down & low profile seems the sensible way. Drawing attention to any good thing is never a good idea. Walk softly & tell em fuck all!.....👍😉

Sounds like you're royally fucked then mate. Plead ignorance & cross your fingers. Hopefully it'll go your way just be more savvy next time. Some folk won't sell you a motor now unless they see your driving license, now you know why....

I agree far to many acres of good quality agricultural land is being turned over to housing that nobody except govt/pension funds etc can afford to have built. More houses = more people= less land so less food production. Fuck me, a blind man can see its not sustainable!

Love the ideas of vertical gardening & cultivating public areas etc, great way to feed people & also use otherwise "dead" space.

Maybe a system could work whereby a man could live on an acre of land, authorities allow this on condition the man grows a certain amount of veg/fruit for the use of other people. Could be a way forward maybe, but can't ever see the short sighted leaders going for it....

Might be an expensive lesson mate, Always get paperwork sorted before releasing a vehicle. No ifs, no buts. Too many scamming bastards out there just looking to fuck you over any chance they get. Hope you get sorted mate....

Here we fuckin go then! Christ only knows where it's going to end. Time people wised up & stopped voting these fuckin idiots into positions where they can do so much damage. They never endanger themselves, just the very folk that gave them the power.....

Like you i never know what im eating or plan much.Ive just built up a reserve of food i can dip in to depending on how i feel. I just happen to have remembered to get some chicken out the freezer yesterday.Last couple of days has been pasta and pre-made sauce but im not really into instant food.

Normally i love cooking but in a tiny trailer its not always practical to do many of the things i like. Im happier when the weathers warmer and drier and i can cook outside on a fire.

When I'm in the bus I try to cook outside too. I think food tastes better done on the fire. ...

Thing is, we never seem to keep the best. Anything that makes a profit here is seen as a saleable asset & sold abroad. That's why we own fuck all worth having now. We are coming out of Europe finally, but not before the bastards govt have sold all our energy suppliers to European companies & Asia. The most popular 4x4 of all time was sold to Germany who shut down the company & terminated a British icon. The mini, arguably the most popular small car in the world, fuckin gone forever to be replaced with a fuckin abomination that doesn't deserve the name 'mini'. What the fuck sort of chance have we got while this shower of greedy self serving cunts are fuckin us over to line the pockets of themselves & their cronies?....

Just another fucked up part of a fucked up system invented by fucked up people who don't deserve any of what they have mostly stolen from the poor. The whole system is bent & is just full of thieves & charlatans patting each other on the back as they fuck us all over some more....

So, 2 cases of contaminated meat & one mother who was quite obviously a fuckin danger to her child whatever the diet, hardly an argument against meat is it? ...

Don't doubt it. Thing is, apparently it was the lack of protein etc that was the problem. The fact that the baby only weighed the same as a healthy 7mth old must point to something missing in the diet. If the bairn had grown up & decided to be vegan, wouldn't have any issue with that. General opinion seems to be the diet was the problem. Raw fruit & veg was mentioned. No good for a tot of that age really is it?....

By no means would I seek to deny that the parents have committed the most terrible wrong against their children, but I can't help thinking that there are countries in the world where people aren't afraid to contact the doctor when they need advice over a health issue. If I had to count every penny before I even thought of phoning the doctor I might put it off too. Free health checks and regular support might have picked up that there was a problem before it became too late.

This is a systematic problem as well as a crime against innocent lives.

This didn't happen in some poor ass 3rd world dictatorship tho did it? Surely the parents know how to feed their kids, fucks sake they had 4!

Yes, medical checks should have been done & someone dropped the ball somewhere but that still doesn't exonerate these 2nd rate parents....

There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of people who have grown up vegan without any health issues.

Plenty of child abuse and neglect happens within meat eating families; it isn't the diet, it's the ignorance and poor knowledge of the parents.

All diets are 'imposed' on children -- if you bring your child up to eat animals, you're still imposing your values on them.

Quite true, but no child ever died from an omnivorous diet. This child was malnourished, as were the 3 other children in their care. If you want to follow a vegan diet, crack on its your choice but don't fuck around with the lives of your kids. Lots of videos recently from vegans that suggest its possibly not the best way forward, why inflict this on your babies?

Just for the record, I don't care what diet anyone chooses to adhere to, as long as they choose it personally & don't try to force it on anyone else. Don't agree with Jehovas witnesses either who deny their children medical care & watch them die for want of simple procedures. If they want to live that way fine, but as a parent you're supposed to protect/nurture your offspring at any cost...

Fuckin disgraceful. They should be dealt with to the full extent of the law. Veganism should be a choice, not fuckin imposed on people, especially small children. Proof positive that it's not natures way in my opinion....

Thought it bizzare that a very large % of the chicken used in frozen ready meals etc allegedly comes from Thailand! What the fuck is that all about?

Also understand that due to a deal with our govt, due to China being a developing nation all this rammed that comes here "free post" is in fact paid for by our postal service.!! No bloody wonder we're fucked & still propping up the very countries that are fucking us even more....

Great idea if it had to die, most humane way of dispatch & makes far more sense selling for food than just burying it & just wasting it. Can't understand the whole "meat is murder" thing myself but yours seems like a sensible answer to a contentious question...