Posts by SunshineAnnie

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

    Hi everyone!

    I'm trying to figure out the best insurer to get the (still sadly not quite purchased) van to Europe, for up to 6 months.

    I am at the beginning of my journey so pardon my ignorance, but to buy the van, in its unconverted transity state, you would have to insure the van as a... van?

    Would it have to stay insured as a van for the year before declaring it a motor home with the DVLA and all that?

    Is that necessary? I've heard its cheaper and I'm 22 so insurance is crazy expensive so i'm trying to keep as many costs down as possible.

    And back to the first question- travel insurance for anything over 2 months seems to get really complicated, and I really want to get out of this cold!

    Long and boring question but if anybody has experience or tips I'd love to hear them!!


    Hello! I've recently been turned to this forum because I am in the early stages of planning for van dwelling- something I know very little about but I am very eager to learn and take advise, as well as hopefully being able to give some back soon once I get up and running!!

    I'm really looking forward to getting off this crazy ride of living and working all hours in London to hopefully getting to see some more of this beautiful world before it disappears, making some new, like minded friends along the way!

    Thanks for your time and hope to get to know everybody soon!!

    Love Annebelle