Posts by junkmayle

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

To this day, I have never watched the Thriller video in full. One day maybe.

Those lyrics are Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics (and also appear in 17 again, also by Eurythmics)

What about

Pushed around and kicked around, always a lonely boy

You were the one that they'd talk about around town as they put you down

Never would have got that. For me, Depeche Mode died after 1985

Try this

You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run

You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun

Thats the absolutely brilliant Don't Go by Yazoo.

What about

You've been around all night and thats a little long

You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong.

Early 80s New Romatic group from Sheffield.

The song itself can be called a bitter/sweet, warm yet resentful, break-up or make-up with a fantastic orchestral outro. They don't make them like this anymore

PS - Can you tell that I like this group and song?

You have resigned. You are free. What can they do to you now?

Any crap that comes your way, just kill them with kind words and laughter at the thought of them being stuck in that environment whilst you soar free.

Good luck with the future.

In our first physics lesson at Comprehensive, Mr Farrah (I'm still not convinced he was from this planet), came into the room, sat down at his desk, set in motion a large clock, and then leaned back in his chair. When we had all fallen silent, he stopped the clock and started the lesson.

No reference was made to the clock until the bell went for the end of lesson. As people started to leave, he made us all come back in and sit down. We had to watch that clock, in silence, count back down the whole 12 minutes and 43 seconds we had wasted at the beginning of the lesson. We all got into trouble for being late to our next class but the clock rarely had more than a minute on after that.

If you park up in the forest in question,burn as much dead wood as you want then empty your ashes (when cold) back on the land,you have not taken anything away so surely a court of law could not call that theft :whistle:

If you 'borrow' 5 tenners from the works till and replace them with 5 different tenners, it is still theft. You must put back the original tenners.

I'm sure a court will take the same view with ash because you are not returning the original wood that you took.

They do say that in any potential or actual conflict, always support the most civilised side.

Now, although I am no fan of Donald Trump, I do know that I would rather live in a country where he was leader, rather than live under Kim Jong-Un.

The first song I remember hearing on the radio is this one (don't laugh, I was only 5 at the time). Glynn lived in Castleford, 2 miles away from me (I never knew him though).

[video]

[/media]

Later on, the songs that really made me drop what I was doing and listen to them include

[video]

[/media]

[video]

[/media]

[video]

[/media]

[video]

[/media]

[video]

[/media]

[video]

[/media]

[video]

[/media]

If you have no dependents or partner, then the only thing stopping you being nomadic is you.

I am sure there are many on here who can help and advise.

You only have one crack at life. Make it count.

I don't live in a van but being stealthy is likely to get you less hassle if you park in residential areas, the part I don't understand is you have live where your driving licence is registered or get fined if they find out you aren't.
    I don't know if this is a law or just dvla regulations but apparently your driving licence isn't valid if it isn't registered to where you live therefore driving without a licence could be possible although I haven't heard of it being enforced and there are plenty of travellers and gypsies who obviously don't have their licence registered to their van/caravan

I wouldn't worry and if I was questioned by the filth I wouldn't lie as that normally causes more problems if they realise but I'd say as little as possible because the less they know the better

The only requirement is that you are CONTACTABLE at the address on your licence. My old paper licence has my parents address (they still live there) but we have lived at many different addresses. Any driving related mail can be forwarded to me.