Posts by Treemeister

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

This is the first forum I've joined and not got off to a good start,so maybe I'm in the wrong place.

Hey Markrob. It would be awful if you got so fed up about people moaning that YOU left!! You're as valuable a member as everyone else. You seem like a warm hearted funny guy and I've had a lot of laughs at some of your words :)

It's an idea though...It would be a good compromise to tone it down outside the sexytime thread and let it all hang out in the zone. You don't want to feel crap about people moaning, especially when you feel ill already :)

Ok it sounds familiar but the point is don't go, just compromise

I will keep my smut to the sex and erogenous zone in future!

Hey LB. It would be awful if you got so upset about people moaning that YOU left!! You're as valuable a member as everyone else. It would also be a real shame if people blocked you as you seem like a warm hearted funny gal and I've had a lot of laughs at some of your words :)

It's an idea though...It would be a good compromise to tone it down outside the sexytime thread and let it all hang out in the zone. You don't want to feel crap about people moaning!

I'm amazed at how stoopid some people are! My daughter just rang me to say her friend found a python by the side of the road. It had bedding with it so they think it was dumped rather than escaping. The friend rang my daughter to pick it up cos she's into reptiles. My daughter's taken it to the PDSA so they can check it over and they couldn't believe she actually had a snake - apparently most people ring up thinking they have a snake when it's actually a slow worm. Ha. It's fine but they're going to keep it overnight to be sure.

I'm not that amazed at how stupid people are really, but dumping a snake?!?!

Well done FireTree for writing such a comprehensive reply!

I didn't enjoy school but interestingly I've pretty much always studied something in adult ed. my sister has been a teacher for over 20 years and I despair when I see the pressure teachers are under and the way they are forced to teach. So much so I don't really want to go into it here as my blood pressure can't take it! :D

This is seemingly a small thing but one of my bugbears with UK schools is the use of break times as a means of punishment. It is the child's RIGHT to play as set out by the United Nations. I read a letter today that said if the children don't have their PE kit they will still do PE but won't have play time...in what world is it the primary school age child's fault if they don't have the right stuff, and (from a school view) what child learns best when denied some time out from the classroom? It makes no sense whatsoever and I'm bloody fuming now it makes me so mad. How can they not let them play ? They're CHILDREN!!!! It's bad enough they have to go to school in the first place. Actually I'm going to shut up now cos I can feel myself going into full on rant mode and playtime is just the tip of the iceberg ha ha. My head doesn't need all that swimming round it at the moment :)

im thinking of writing a pamphlet on urban homeless survival techniques i employed and giving it to the salvation army shop to give out to our local towns homeless people anyone with questions about my experience or if you want to share you own is welcome to message me it helps me to talk about it an im sure it would other people.

Thanks for sharing some of your story. Although saying 'thanks' doesn't sound big enough I can't express myself very much at the moment so I mean it in the biggest way possible.

I think a pamphlet sounds like a great idea that will be amazing even if it gave comfort/support to one person, but hopefully more :)

I get terribly sea sick so it would have to be very flat water for me :) I almost pebble dashed a dozen people on a boat trip in Devon, only just got to the loo in time and had to go back to the B & B for a lie down afterwards :) Very good job I didn't join the Navy :)

Oh dear :) I recently went on a Jurassic Coast boat trip from exmouth. They had a cream tea for £3 and I thought, oh go on, spoil yourself (this is where I'd put the mini pic of a green faced yellow mini thing...emoticon? Yes)

I regretted that at my leisure...

was buskin in York centre this halloween around 10pm and cop cars crawled by a dozen times without hassle and no issue re license - btw best to make pennies between pub chuck out and clubtime and mebbe take some diy percussion stuff (peas in plastic bottles etc) to encourage punters to join in/hang around/dance... :) good luck

Hey dreamerden, what were u busking?

And Oki, how are your harp lessons going?

Tree

I read that as "leave him to it".

It wasn't my intention to bring you down and I'm sorry you see it that way, I just don't agree with you.

Now get orf my back

Actually Roamer, I've rethought and you have a point. I didn't need to say that I disagreed, I could have just said what I thought. I'll bear that in mind in the future :)

There is nothing you can do if he's set on it. I can assure you of that.

He either will or he won't Vannie. That's freewill for you. It's his choice whether he chooses to be grateful for life & fight or whether he gives in coz it's too hard for him.

I read that as "leave him to it".

It wasn't my intention to bring you down and I'm sorry you see it that way, I just don't agree with you.

Now get orf my back

Hi Yazz, good thread. For me a simple life is about reducing stress. There are lots of ways, but in no particular order; minimal possessions, no mind games or dramas, breathing clean air, eating clean food, less plastic, spending time with people I love, being in the moment (fashionably called mindfulness), no TV, no debt, spending as much time outdoors as possible, being accepting of myself and others, kindness :)

I have to disagree that someone who talks about suicide should be left to get on with it. If it is a cry for help, then shouldn't one try and help? We aren't all on a level playing field and we don't all have a stubborn streak. If he is suffering with depression then he is ill. He needs help in the same way that someone with a broken leg needs help.

Vanwoman, the MIND website is the best for advice I think

http://www.mind.org.uk/informa…omeone-else/#.WCDlP9kgGc0

Courage

I currently have *goes off to count* over 160 tabs open spanning 4 different browsers, along with Photoshop, Lightroom, VLC, Filezilla, Dreamweaver, Editplus, Word, Outlook, Skype, Whatsapp Desktop, 4 instances of Explorer, Calc and Notepad :eek:

Wow. :eek: What are you doing? Is that all from today?

Oh hon, sounds like you're getting yourself in a right pickle.

It doesn't sound like he's actually done anything wrong, and hopefully he won't! (Unless he wrote that about his ex AFTER you two met?)

I think this is fear talking and you need to try to stop beating yourself up - feeling stupid is another way of putting yourself down. There is only one way to know if he's genuine and that is to go for it, but if you're not ready to take the chance then don't be horrible to yourself about it. It's ok to not feel ready but if you want a relationship you'll have to take a chance at some point. If that time isn't now then that's ok too.

It's still early days; maybe take it slow and see how it goes? Remember, you're BOTH taking a chance on each other. I mean, he met your mum and didn't run! ;) x

I've registered on helpx and had a good look around (I don't know what the problem was before with my phone. Maybe cos I wasn't registered?) anyway, it looks amazing, I'm only in the 4th page and there are loads of good choices for me.

Actually, my issue is which to choose -wwoof, helpx or work away? You have to pay so I'll only be doing one. With wwoof you have to pay for each country you want to work in, helpx subs lasts for 2 years but the website wasn't so easy to look at on my phone. Maybe workaway then?

Has anyone got any advice or comparisons of the different sites?

There are x000's of hosts on those sites, they can't ALL be exploiting da yoof?? I hope not cos I'm planning on volunteering imminently and I definitely fit in the mature category ;)

I will be choosing carefully though; the host will need to be offering something I want to learn or be in a place I want to visit. But surely one of the points is that you can move on if you don't like it?