Posts by Hannah

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

cut out all white carbs, they are pointless and only ok if you can exercise lots to burn it all off, cut out coke too, learn to love fruit n veg in whatever form you can. i am such a fussy eater but my veg intake has increased massively since i discovered stir fries and lloyd grossman tomato sauces (which i mix loads of veg with). sound slike your diet is ok though, but your weight will always be a balance between how much you eat and how much you exercise. so if you wanna lose weight you have to either eat less or exercise more. i am not a fan of eating less, i love to eat, although sound slike exercise is a trouble (don't know you personally though so excuse my ignorance, im assuming its health related). my mum always says i stall slim because i fidget so much, perhaps you could find yoga/pilates moves that your able to do and try and do them lots or get into a routine of allways clenching your muscles while walking/watching tv or whatever. if you are able, get a hula hoop, i have seen them work wonders for weight loss :)

healthy home baking - these are great, no they dont taste like flapjacks or cakes but you quickly get used to them as a yummy healthy snack. also do change around the ingredients, it will work fine as long as you have roughly the right amount of dry ingredients

4oz dried fruit (apricots and sultanas are my favs)
    4oz seeds or nuts (i usually use sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds)
    1oz sugar (not refined, i do usually use 1.5oz though)
    1oz dessicated coconut
    2oz oats
    1oz self raising wholemeal flour

mix all together, add 2 eggs, mix again, back in a normal cake tin with backing paper to make it easier to get out and bake at a medium heat for 15 - 25 mins ish, i tend to just make it up as i go along but make sure the top is starting to go a little bit brown. they are best not over cooked though because they tend to go a bit dry if you do.

thing is she isnt near where i live so really she needs to go, she needed to be gone in fucking november but never mind about that now. tis unfair for other to be having to look after or move her cos i cant do that. how much does it cost to put an ad on ebay? a 3 day 1 with pics

she may be able to get a home in bristol for a little bit if i smile very sweetly but they allready have like 4 caravans there but maybe if i promise its just for a really short time. problem is towing it n stuff, i wont be able to go to her in this time, i got too much on here, i cant really ask that much of other people.

im sure you would have known about them, they would have been done in year 2 and year 6 and you should have got the results at the time. i dont understand any of what you have written, when i did it you just got a level, i think in year 2 level 2 is suposedly what you aim for and in year 6 you aim for level 4 but its not a pass or fail type thing. a lot of people want them scrapped cos they think they are pointless.

heres some more rambling, trying to be as honest as possible:

one side has the kitcheny bit with cupboards up top too (and the door) and the other side is wardrobe/cupboard space. front box is missing but i never had any need for it anyway, main electrics all work and theres a light thats fixed next to the wardrobe that plugs into the mains which lights the whole caravan (which you can see in the first of the inside pictures). the battery works but only one of the fixed lights works so i never really used it. one of the hinges on the sky light is half broken so it just pops up one side, at an angle. um thats all i can think of now, shes got a few faults (that i said about) but most of them never mattered to me

my baby! she looks so empty :eek: please some body buy her an fill her with pretty things (if thats your way :)) and make her feel loved, those cushions need duvets and stuff on :D they are comfy though, no weird bumps in like modern caravan cushions

i need to sell my lovely caravan Queenie cos she has no where to live any more.

She needs to be moved soon so please dont agree to buy her if you will not be able to pick her up soon

Shes a sprite musketeer from 1980 something, shes 14 ft long (17ft including tow hitch) a 4 berth with a double bed at each end, lots of cupboard/wardrobe space. gas works but we are suspicious of a leak so i would definitely recomend getting it looked at if you want to use it. i just put a cooker n gas bottle on top and didnt use the caravan cooker. fridge does work but makes a handy cold cupboard. sink and water works, the whale pump doesnt seem to work but the like manual foot pump does so all is good there. damp wise - i think shes fine but theres a possibility theres a lil bit of damp in one corner under one of the benches but im not sure. i dont think its really a problem n she definitely doesnt smell damp or anything. structurally shes fine and she tows fine but she is old so a bit scruffy in places and has water marks from a previous problem round window but its just aesthetics, no damp there now. i could talk about her for ages but i wont bore you now, if you wanna know anything just ask, i lived in her so i know her very well.

id like £150 ono for her and would love to keep her in the family cos i know shes amazing and deserves to be loved. Shes in somerset at the mo, near frome/radstock.

think it depends how well you can be seen, i did it for about 5 months but no one knew the caravan was there so it was fine, infact at the time i didnt even know you werent meant to to it.

hated history at school, generally cos they didnt make it interesting, so dropped it at gcse level. but i think kids should chose their own gcses, you cant do everything so may as well chose the subjects you are most interested in than being forced to do certain ones.

yup i get this too. some advice that may/may not help is when you gotta make a phonecall, if you have been freaking out for over 10 mins, then stop, go and do something else and try again later. also, i find if someone else dials the number and then hands me the phone allready ringing then i freak out for a second but you have no choice but to get on with it. and yeh haveing a script of what to say incase your mind goes blank.

Right.....start with the easiest things.....I'm very bored so I will sort out a whole load of links for you to where you can buy tipis, yurts, geodomes etc brand new. Then I will find a load of links to campsites that already hire these things out so you can see what other people charge. That way you will have solid sets of figures for at least part of it.

Do you want just vehicles or caravans as well?

that be wonderful, i have been looking up sites but im never very good at internet searching so anything you do find will be wonderful. also, we have been given a piece of land that is actually for sale to make the project more "real" and its in cornwall so anything west country that you find is a bonus :D

yep caravans as well, basically anything that people could stay in thats a bit more exciting than the norm.

it may be better to work out what money would be coming in and then tailor your overheads/expenditure to fit, say paying off the capital expenditure over a few years, allowing a budget for renewals and repairs.

yeah i get what your saying, but thats not my question. theres 6 of us in the group and theres more to it than what i put in the first post. and also money in depends on what your offering them. if it costs more to buy then you rent it out for more.

yeh i agree with you, but i need figures. it doesnt matter so much to me what/how its done as long as its fit for people to stay in and we can just change the renting price to fit with how much it cost to make/buy. and also id like to have things that are cheap and expensive so theres something for everyone. i cant just make it up though, need real prices.

edit - this is to claire

i wasnt sure if i should put this in babylon but i thought it would get seen better here.

basically for college we have to do a hypothetical business plan and we are doing a campsite with different types of accommodation. and we have to price everything and say how much it all costs and how much money we will make (like a dragons den type thing) so i was wondering if anyone who has ever made/bought/fixed up/rented a yurt, tipi, geo dome, caravan (gypsy/showmans/vintage) or good looking vehicle could give me a sort of quote. we have to show how we got the cost, but it doesnt have to be totally official cos its all hypothetical. does that make any sense?

any help would be wonderful :hug:

oh and feel free to pm me if you would rather do it that way :)

see i have got myself into a bad habbit of avoiding going to bed bed/sleep because im expecting not to be able to sleep. and i usually watch something on iplayer/4 OD whilst sat up in bed and then i try to sleep. so if you cant have tv, computer or read, what are you supposed to do in the last hour of the day? i dont wanna be active or hoop or clean or cook or do college work cos thats not good, is it bad i cant think of anything to do??

Was all light and laughter, and now feeling quite winded and disheartened after reading a criticism of a post I'd written earlier. I was having a good time on here before that :(

i havent read it but people are quicker to criticize when they arent seeing the person face to face, dont let it get to you, its a lovely forum really :)

:ditto:

You can get some really healthy and yummy energy bars from the health food shop that will up your calorie intake in a good way and give you lots of things you need. I highly recommend the 9 bars from holland and barret. flax seed, hemp seed and yumminess all in one go!

9 bars rock! although i used to like the pumpkin seed ones and i cant find them anymore, just carob ones which im not such a fan of. find yourself a healthfood shop joss, they sell real food

I don't think it is the same as normal people staying with other normal ones - i do it for a reason - "different" people in my experience think more about stuff, work hard, and as long as they are treated with respect they return the same. If it takes you a bit longer to find a job, you will be less inclined to lose it. That said, if a "straight" (for want of a more suitable word) comes for a job and impresses me, then they'll get the job - I'm just more inclined than most to try to get the interesting people working for me.

I'm not sure that makes sense, but i know what i mean! may edit that later when desk is clear!

:-)

i do not what you mean and i would prolly be exactly the same. but its sticking with your own kind, whether thats a minority or majority its natural for people to do and the reasons behind your choices might be different but i still think its the same kind of thing to a straight picking a straight. i may not be wording this very well!

I don't think it is the same as normal people staying with other normal ones - i do it for a reason - "different" people in my experience think more about stuff, work hard, and as long as they are treated with respect they return the same. If it takes you a bit longer to find a job, you will be less inclined to lose it. That said, if a "straight" (for want of a more suitable word) comes for a job and impresses me, then they'll get the job - I'm just more inclined than most to try to get the interesting people working for me.

I'm not sure that makes sense, but i know what i mean! may edit that later when desk is clear!

:-)

i do not what you mean and i would prolly be exactly the same. but its sticking with your own kind, whether thats a minority or majority its natural for people to do and the reasons behind your choices might be different but i still think its the same kind of thing to a straight picking a straight. i may not be wording this very well!

never buy bottled water (unless ur out and have no water with you obviously), its so expensive and has to be sourced, bottled, transported etc and then u gotta get rid of the plastic. clean water is already running to your taps for a teeny fraction of the price. yes its got cleaning chemicals but fuck it, they arent gunna kill you. i dont know anything about filters, do you not drink the water out your tap at the moment??