Posts by pencs

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

So,

Money for Nothing and your Kicks for Free,

That's what's your right, that's what you deserve, that's your ENTITLEMENT?

Come ON people...

Recognise that there is no free lunch.

No amount of idealism can ever, ever pay the bills, make CONSTRUCTIVE plans not just perpetual SNEERING...

Seriously, if stuff is to change then sneers and wishful pining for Utopia doesn't cut it, transcend your ancient ingrained mantras, recognise that attitudes passed on from generation to generation ad infinity HAS NOT WORKED...

No Idea what the answer is, but it SURE as HECK isn't perpetual sniping and sneering and finger pointing, that'll get you precisely NOWHERE at all...

I'll get my coat 'cos that's me ostracized from here that's fer sure...

bye xx

This could have been a very interesting discussion if 't'wern't due for imminent destruction in 2 days time...

:(

This prompted some research:

VERY roughly, about 65-70 cans = 1Kg = about 60p if you're lucky = 1tonne (approximately 38 binbags full apparently) for £56 - just sayin'

Methinks the fuel to get to the recycling place should be factored in too...

A true gent listens, even when the record is severely scratched and it's been heard umpteen megamillion times before, but he doesn't have unlimited patience - that would be plain masochistic in the extreme - what, I wonder, are the attributes of a true Lady?

hmmmmm,

methinks that was a fleeting memory from times long ago....

:(

'pends on the type of questions - for serious techy stuff a superbly informative site would be the sbmcc.co.uk place (register, 10 posts & limited access, pay £15 a year for full access to archives - bods mostly buy brand new vans and meticulously convert into some stunning examples for a fraction of the price of a professional jobby) , for lifestyle choices then the rejuvenated camperclassified site currently proposed by this site's owner may suit you - an unknown quantity but no access unless you pay £12 a year...

There are, of course, numerous other sites that may or may not answer your questions - some are less informative or frequented than others - GOOGLE/other search engines need to be consulted - there are loads & loads & loads of forums to choose from...

:shrug:

A true gent would immediately mollify or cease his attentions at the slightest hint of an ongoing attachment - it just isn't done to either tempt or cajole in that situation...

:cool:

A true gent keeps licking until the tongue cramp is unbearable, whereupon he uses his nose until the cramp subsides before resuming, and keeps at it after the first two orgasms "because that's when the little death occurs" or so I've been informed after being so remiss as to request a short respite please...

On Marmite - dunno 'bout others, but after partickly steamy sessions then the aroma of marmite is very prevalent - late Sunday morning quote "we smell like sex - very marmitey"

Sadly those sessions are treasured but fading memories now...

:boing:

Works for me, daily emails listing offered/wanted

Received: 2 bicycles and wet weather Motorcycle jacket

Given away: 6ft tall fridgefreezer and tumbledryer

Planning to post a lot more stuff soon...

This year it's Saturday May 5th.

Will most definitely be partaking in between work shifts...

but regularly do so any way, or at most a minimal thong if the postman hasn't delivered letters yet :D

'tis fairly well known that Ash & Beech can be burnt freshly cut (tho' sundries would prefer you didn't)

Was wunnering if sages could advise pukka seasoning times for pretty much all wood? and downsides of premature burning? like chimbly fires p'raps, and seriously tarry deposits etc etc...

Am burning a green beech log as I type, and have been happily burning some freshly cut cedar - but having fun catching the errant sparks too... (open 18" fire)

Methinks some serious info can be imparted if those who know are willing to divulge...

Please do so...

thanx :)

https://www.mindmyhouse.com/sitters/assignment/8373

Quote from ad:

About this assignment

Motorhome land/house sitters wanted. Motorhome, campervan or caravan is ideal. There is no wifi/internet connected to the property, however it works ok if you bring your own. We will consider splitting the period into one month at a time, but usually need sitters from May to October. It is extremely hot during the months that sitters are needed ( 35 - 42c )There is a well for water and a generator and pump to access It to fill the holding tank. The place is almost completely fenced with a lockable gate. There is a cesspit to empty cassette toilet and a standpipe together with a 30 metre hosepipe to get water to your unit......

Check the link for considerably more info - great opportunity for someone...

:)

Many Thanx Shroom - 4.5K is pretty much my total budget and I'm wary of a 7.5jobby, but your mate's van sounds like a great deal for someone.

Currently looking at race vans, if only because I can't bear to part with my Bike and seems like a good compromise until I do finally commit.

Thanx again for the feedback, :)

Long shot, but starting to get serious and scouting options, 62yrs old single bloke:

Yonks ago I lived for 8mths/20,000kM in a van back in the 90's, built it as I went, was fine until ice on ceiling in winter, got fed up & settled down with a lady. Now facing eviction from 26yrs of bricks & mortar within next 6mths (estimated). Know what's involved with van living, know it's not a dream, know it's bally hard work at times... also know it covers a lot of my wannabees...

So: looking for a (3.5tonne? but old school licence so poss bigger?) van that's had the bulk if not all the work done in terms of mechanics/bodywork/insulation/solar/etc etc that I can tailor further - massive ask, but thought there might just be someone out there with just such an abandoned project that I could complete? max double bed - but only need single! just ever hopeful!

Last van was Merc402D, extended w/base & roof - seriously sweet and loved it, so that's where I'm coming from...

Just asking if anyone knows of anything, or could advise pointers - very limited budget needless to say...

Muchly thanx,

pencs

Recognise this is idealised wishful thinking, but hoping for partially/started project (whatever state vehicle is in currently) that I can take on rapidly and complete - can arrange transport to Reading area on trailer if necessary?

pm asap if potentially possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sHL-1hI9nc

"HOW IT WORKS: Instead of a needle, an optical sensor reads the wood's color and texture. Then, algorithms convert those variations into notes on a scale, which is mapped to a piano synthesizer and played.

The rings of a trunk reveal the age of the tree, and environmental conditions like rainfall levels, disease, and even forest fires. Light-colored rings indicate growth spurts, while darker marks show times of a slowdown.

Each slice is unique -- a glimpse into the story of a tree's past.

Bartholomäus Traubeck wondered what story those trees would tell. So he created equipment that could translate those rings into music on a record player. The result is a breathtaking masterpiece.

Used with permission from Bartholomäus Traubeck. Learn more at http://traubeck.com."

I've read "Zen" three times, about 10-12 years between readings, each time it was a very different book and imparted very different thoughts - 'bout due for another perusal methinks...
    Have attempted some of the other books but just couldn't get my head around the concepts he was adressing, maybe time to try them again p'raps...
    Essentially - see the bigger picture in order to solve the smaller problems - but that is incredibly simplistic I know...
    His insight will outlast his name for centuries I'm sure - RIP wherever transcendence transporteth.

This from Freegle, pm me for more details if interested:

OFFER: Caravan 1996 Award Norhstar (Kentwood RG30)

This might do for spares, repairs or a site office or similar. All the fixtures are in good working order and were checked yesterday by a Caravan Servicing Company. Unfortunately the damp has got in and it would need some remedial work to make it completely waterproof.