Posts by Shroom

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

yeah , if I was there.. ,my exhaust started following close behind me last time out and still not mended. but as I aint then tell Dylan the money taker you is a friend of Bubbles, probbly still charge you 8.50 bit you might get a free hook up or maybe even a hug :)

Now thinkng this should be in the recent Arts /Crafts thread , but as it here can I point out that the lil brassy looking studs are just blobs of glue painted with glittery acrylic paint and the silver star is using a silver glittery glue stick , technically the glue used is plastic but I was bearing in mind that a 5 yr old would be wearing it with her 2 yr old sister lurking so no metal/pointy bits at all.

Also it was a bit small so I cut a slit at the back and she wears it with her pony tail sticking out to hold it on ;)

I must admit I could probably live without it, but I do like a bit of fruit and nut chocolate now and then....:D

I remember making myself a Nuttella and peanut butter sandwich on brown seedy bread last night and thinking ' this is a healthy alternative to a bar of fruit and nut'

Looking good again Paul , I did see Harry aka Wandering Gypsy in a field at the weekend and would have loved to have grabbed the grumpy geezer back ,maybe next time , but there are others that will appreciate this and just not aware yet (hopefully not the old trolls).

Btw fresh eggs float in a bowl of water - stale ones sink. :boing:

I think you may want to check your egg freshness symptoms, its the good uns that sit on the bottom , a bit of bobbing around is acceptable but full blown floaters are a no-no, its a sign that the insides have been eaten y bacteria and thier farts make the eggs float ...

I feel the need to mention Elderberrys ,Last weekend at the Barge I spied my 6 yr old grand daughter playing with a bunch and told her that they were perfectly ok to eat,so she duly gathered a bowl full and went off to impress her newly found gaggle of playmates with her knowledge, 'hey did you know you can actually eat these berries?'...

So a few seconds later theres a bunch of kids spitting out elderberries with looks of disgust, Poppy shot me a filthy look and between laughing fits I said 'Poppy , I said you could eat them , I never said they were nice tasting!!' , would you believe she actually argued saying they were nice and ate some more to prove her point :reddevil:

wont be able to go van failed mot booked in to be done 27 august at green meadow

Good luck with it , especially if you get 'the Kiwi' (Stuart) , I was sat idling Bubbles there to keep her bits warm on my last test , Stuart bimbled across the yard with his coffee and clipboard so I gave him a toot , he looked over then did a double take and shook his head slowly ....

He set a new youngish fella about testing us , big dreads and goes by the name of 'Smokey' , very nice young man indeed :)

Thats about 2/3 of it , the other third is still attached to the chrome clothes hanging rail so my guess is that it fell during transportation , heres a pic of my hand with it for scale , damn thing was too big for a bin bag (thats my excuse for backing out slowly ,shutting the door and not bothering them).

t9Jlx6O.jpg

So , Friday afternoon I escaped suburbia and headed south to the vale of pewsey , more precisely the Barge inn , I arrived to find a 2 berth trailer parked in 'my spot' , seems it belongs to a young lady that works the bar who had acquired it then fly tipped it there 2 weeks ago when she went on holiday but I managed to back bubbles in nicely enough.

Quite soon after settling Earl in his cage I noticed a wasp bothering him so went to fetch a newspaper to coax the wasp out , thats where I found wasp# 2,3 and 4.

As I am removing them I spy my friend approaching with beer in hand to say hello (she is terribly allergic to wasps and never has her epi pen with her ), so I warned her and she came on board cautiously where we sat peering out at where they might be coming from .

Thats when I noticed the skylight on the trailer next door was crawling with em , so suspecting a nest in there I went to investigate, could see a few hundred dead on the shelf but what with curtains and old perspex no nest , so I tried the door, it was unlocked , I peered around and still no sign of a nest , then I opened the wardrobe ...

O4OBBoi.jpg

I fondly remember waiting for the day that my annoying lil sister would vacant the hand-me-down silver cross perambulater that was previously mine (looking at google images it may have been the Balmoral model), I REALLY needed them wheels to make a kart ...

First skateboard was almost the same as that , lil sisters skates nailed to bit of wood,didnt work well but managed to get a cheap uncontrolable board with solid plastic wheels eventually then went on to skate in competitions and exhibitions/shows sponsored by local skateopia franchise :cool: , oh and its been sunny today here in Middle earth :)

Cricket is simples ...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

Ruby can be more confusing as there is either League or Union ...............

I have never been into cricket at all , my friend that was died 18 months ago (he used to retune my radio at festivals etc to get the cricket coverage,sometimes overnight ) , so I kinda watched it out od defference to him ,thought I would give it a go about 10.30 this morning and been glued to it !!

As tense and exciting as the final few seconds of the 6 nations or rugby world cup for sure but I am more than slightly sad that my friend never got to see it,maybe spark up the fire pit later to celebrate as he loved fire as much as he did watching or listening to bat 'n ball :)