Posts by groove

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

My apologies to Harry. I went to the shop to get electric and bought twenty quids worth of spogs. Well not quite 20. More like 1. And with my own pennies. now I feel sick. But we do have electric. When I put it in. Oh heck. Time to quit adulting for today. I blame the job centre!

Cool, really glad you "get it" gal - no of course they didn't have anything to offer......in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.

So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home. :huglove:

Thanks for your kindness
    Verti xxx

i'm sorry, i may be misunderstanding you, but this post seems very self contradictory...........can you explain, you say you're dealing with mental health issues by addressing the physical,

'So, I'm into meditation, diet, (friends who love me) and have learned far more healing from Eastern mysticism than any Western medical intervention....so I am at last, on my way home. :huglove:'

but slag off the medical profession,

'in fact psychiatry increasingly blame mental health issues on physiological states and imbalances.....like ones Endocrine system needs to be balanced before any medication should be looked at........sod 'em, they really haven't a blooming clue.',

for suggesting this might be an answer?

feeling accomplished, at only my second event for a particular company i was today supervising a bar of my own...........feels good to be noticed again after feeling very inferior and crap since the events of 3 months or so ago. now, if they could only guarantee 30 + hours a week. i live in hope............

still, i don't think i'll ever go back to an office job again, so it's all good.

please also be gentle with us old hippies who will have a free beer out of anything lol, it's all tongue in cheek.....
    but also be aware that many of 'us'are not comfortable on camera or divulging/dicussing their lifestyle, past or present.

back on the topic of undercrackers................

you should have at least 8 pairs, one for each day of the week (you can put labels on them if you like) and a spare pair for laundry day. so many people don't think this through and end up having to go commando on laundry day.
    schoolboy error

:D

edit:
    you must rotate the 8th pair of laundry day knickers, otherwise, well, just, euwwww.

otherwise you'd be like, not tonight love, it's laundry day......

sorry for your loss xxx
    in my 44 yrs i've lost a cat to a RTA, had to PTS 2 dogs, a chinchilla, and a ~30yr old horse - it doesn't get any easier as i loved each one the same, but, time does heal.
    i have found that although you will never replace the friend you lost, others will come along and steal your heart away when the time is right.

be kind to yourself and don't let others make you feel guilty for grieving.

much love xxx

fairly painless visit to the jobcentre to start a claim as i'm not getting regular hours, so need to make sure my stamp is paid, nice chin wag with a friend, then went in 15 pubs and only had a half of cider............something wrong with this picture!!!

Today started at 4am when we got to bed,had a couple of mates over..sleep by about 5..uj up again at 7 unable to sleep..our friend wanted waking at 9am..i woke at 10.40...ooups!lol..off the friend trundles after nipping to the sites surf cafe for 2 rolls stuffed with dead pig,uj catching up on sleep,so i wander to the chuch fete in the next field..got a couple of books,a pair of flip flops make from old tyres,and an air powered stamp rocket for next time my lad comes..a few pics taken and back to the van for a read..now just had a big greasy chippy tea(a rarity for us and very yum).late nights catching up,so bed soon me thinks xx

we had chippy too.....nom.

I've been told by a couple of people who have spent extensive time living in India that some of the reason western folks get sick over there is that they consume too much and because of the energy you get from the sun you don't need to take in as much food energy. Can't comment on the accuracy of this, does anyone know?

I do think fasting can be a good thing, short term, it's said to be good practise for a lot of animal husbandry so why not for humans.
    But I was sort of brought up in the 70s, hunger strikes, if you don't eat, ya die. This kind of the way it works.

I'm not sure I follow the photos (I'm dim), but I love the idea, great job, and I'd second ma's recipe. Add a bit of plain yoghurt if it's dry. And, as when making meatballs, have a bowl of cold water and keep your hands wet when moulding to skewers, won't be so sticky on your dannies. *top tip* lol.
    Nice job Rick!

3k if anyone's in the market for a heavy horse. Beautiful movement, fab Clydesdale head. Plenty of bone and feather and so light on her feet......with a kind eye. Fook knows what I'd do with her, I couldn't even get on her from the ground! Lightly broken......would drive lovely. *missing horses*.

You know when you see something for sale in the internet. You don't need it. You can't have it. You can't afford it. But by fuck you want it? Just seen an exquisite 5 yr old, 17.2, pure passported bay Clydesdale mare for sale.....my life, she is gorgeous. *in my dreams*.

I feel bloody sore!!!

A cut or bite on my right knee has turned septic, so I've been on topical antibiotics for a few days... but this morning I woke up to swollen lymph nodes in my groin, so after a trip to the NHS walk in centre I'm now on oral antibiotics...

In the mean time just moving my right leg is very painful, and walking a real struggle....

euw sounds nasty!!! hope you're soon on the mend x

16 hour day with 1 break at 11:30, and System of a Down. That's my day. Also wearing an awful lot of Dogtooth ale, but it's good for your skin and hair, right? Then a mooch about, new tobacco tin and chickens and bells for the truck. 'Appy days.
    Do it all again tomorrow I guess!

Feeling......anxious about something quite major that I really can't share with people, because of the nature of it.......which makes it harder.
    Whilst trying get to keep my own life positive and moving forwards and get better......it's difficult.
    Hey ho, life sends things to try us I guess.

I'd like to......

Go to Canada
    Learn falconry
    Get up close and personal with giraffes
    Travel the coast of Britain in a van
    Quit smoking

All achievable if I try.