Just to pick the collective brain...
I spend roughly 50% of my time in my van. It's my daily drive & I commute to & from work 5 days/week. Currently I'm using candles & rehargeable bluetooth speaker from my phone. Occasionally I park up for say max 1 week without moving.
I'd like to add electrics, requirements are as follows;
- Re-charge smartphone once/day (wattage unknown)
- Utility light over kitchen worktop used max 2 hours/day (1.5W)
- Lighting for normal use say 1 hour/day (1.5W)
- Stereo say 3 hours/day (36W flat out - probably 10W normal useage)
- Laptop say 3 hours/day (wattage unknown)
The amount of storage I have is proportional to the amount of leisure batteries I can afford/charge so I'm thinking maybe 2 x 85aH batteries, split charge relay should deal with most useage, but a smaller solar panel would def help keep batteries topped up & prolong their life.
What are your thoughts?