Posts by venusinfur

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Oh Babs I am so sorry for you....I know what Sciatica is like in both legs.....Its just awful...I was on loads of medication at one time, I used to sleep all the time.....The only thing that has helped is trying to keep moving...I know how painful it is though!

I think you can be both! In different situations.. I am an Extrovert at work where I am in my element! In other situations with people I don't know very well I am an Introvert!

I work as a Care Assistant.... because thats the job I want to do..... working with the Elderly, both residential clients and those with dementia......The money is not great and its a hard physical job ALL of the time....I would think its one of the few jobs where you couldn't write a complete job description..... There really is so much to it.... Some of it cannot be taught and either you can do this job and enjoy it or you cannot..... I believe I am successful at what I do and make a difference........

Aw.. Fire Tree... I am sorry to hear about Kit... He must have been ill before you took him home and nothing you did would have made any difference to the outcome.... I think the vet should have tried to treat him or put him to sleep regardless of the money situation!
    You did the best you could in the circumstances..... x

Another weird thing.... My daughter is a Vegetarian and has been since she was about 8 years old.... She never really liked meat and some of the texture of it made her gag.... I think one day she just sort of decided not to eat it anymore! So she was never ' made' to eat it again........

I think this is normal not weird at all! My Children are now 25 and 23 years old and they were brought up this way......... They played out in all weathers had fun and were read to every night before bed when they were young... My daughter has just finished her English Degree and says she thinks that the reading from an early age helped her to get to that level..... I must have done one think right lol
    Oh and they shared a bed with us if they woke in the night and felt like a cuddle.......

Aw.... Sorry to hear how upset this has made you feel... Could you find another toy, thats the same? I know it wouldn't be exactly the SAME one, but it may be worth a try?? e- bay????? ( I am probably missing the point here)

I don't think your Dad mean't any harm and didn't realise how you would feel about this?
    I think I would go and get the rest of your stuff asap.

SEVEN...... I have 3 and thought that was a lot! They do all have their own personalities and all have their own greetings and sounds... Cats only ' meow' to humans not to other cats...... Its how they train us to do what they want lol
    One of mine a long time ago used to follow me to the shops and wait outside! made me look like the crazy cat lady!! ( maybe I am!!)

Cor Angio! Its a fabulous place!!!! I am originally from Leeds so I know Yorkshire a bit! If I won the lottery I would buy one of those apartments overlooking The Nidd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Swoon'............ I am going to start dreaming now........................ I would walk along the river everyday....just mooching around and the odd half at The World's End!!!

Visiting Knaresborough today and Mother Shipton's Cave......... The man who took my money asked if it was my first time visiting... Oh No I ,my Grandparents used to bring me here as a child.... You must have been a baby he said.... Told him I was 50 a few weeks ago.... You can't be he said and his jaw dropped! Seems the Wishing Well is really a fountain of youth LOL

Looked at the site... It does say they have to be humanly killed. That was my intention of taking it to a wildlife centre. I shall tell that woman this.

I found one at work yesterday in a pretty bad way. It looked as if a dog had got it and was layed still on the ground with blood running from one ear..... I managed to get it into a box and it then laid still in it. We were debating what to do, ie ring a wildlife centre when the manager of the place turned up and said they were ' vermin' and 'rats with tails' and it would be 'dangerous' to take it somewhere in a box in a car! She made me leave it in the box with the lid open... the squirrel still laid in it.... she then tried to touch the box to see if she could make it run away, it didn't...........
    I didn't want another dog to get it........

What are your thoughts? Are they 'vermin'? :(

I think as humans we have to do the 'right thing' when the time comes... You will know when that is.... My cat had a quality of life for those last two years she still went outside etc suddenly she started sleeping a lot and began urinating around the house which she had NEVER done before..... and just HOWLING ( not in pain but with the dementia) that was the 'right time'.......
    My dog kept looking for her in the house for a little while..... Its funny... She taught him how to respect Cats! and gave him the odd swipe with a claw if he was getting too much! He definately missed her.....

We had cat who was 19 years old, for the last 2 years of her life she had dementia and was blind ( although she still scaled fences and the like!) We also had a dog who was about 4 years old at the time. The day came when she was going to be put to sleep, the vet came to my home to do this as i thought it would be less traumatic for her......The vet came in and shut the doors so the dog could not get in....suddenly the dog burst through the door, climbed up on my lap and sat with his head on the cat as she was being put to sleep..... they were friends... the vet cried.....