Posts by Exedous

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Arrr...poo...pants f**k..b***r..poo poo pants, i just bought some tomato sauce to av with my vegan sausages...poured some on, took a huge bite and as i swallowed, realised tht its got...no...i cant ...its ..to ...henious....Lactose....arrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

Im going into a dark place to punish myself... :cry:

Ghost

Quote from moominmamma

.then a new neighbour moved in, Kevin the insurance salesman, he chopped the tree down, beat up his girlfriend and played Iron Maiden all night long, pausing only to concrete over his back garden and install one of those horrible deepsided ponds, in which the local hedgehog drowned........amazing how one person can ruin so much in such a short space of time....................

What an a*sehole...dont you wish we could chop down people...if he had chopped down a fruit tree, near me, id have had him evicted!!!!!

Muppet

Ghost

Quote from Tigerdaddy

had to suffer my mums apple and pear crumbles/stews/pies/cakes/sandwiches/jams for months.

Lucky you.....im jealous....

Iv found an old orchard where i shall be going a scrumping later in the year :D ....all fruit trees {in my humble opinion} are beautiful, and worty of our protection, whether they be, hazel, walnut, sewwt chestnut, or the ...apple/pear/ cherry...ect ect

Ghost

That photo is beatiful, there are similar in Edinburgh, in the Meadows. There is an avenue of Geans, {i think} wild cherrys...its bliss walking along this avenue, in the spring, when a soft breeze blows, and the blossom falls around you like confetti. I could wax lyrical about this all day.

Lynnie, i havent seen the cards, that you mentioned, but i will look out for them...

Ghost

Huge **HUGS** to you all, and big respect, iv got faith in you Pabsy and stardust..we all have little slip up's now and again....but i have huge faith in you..

Ghost

They are all beautiful native trees...

Ghost

Quote from wiggy

Does she have her own blag yet?

Maybe she should and she can tell us all about her day, life etc. that would be cool

Nope,not yet....Hmmm, will open one for her soon....

Ghost

Quote from wiggy

Awww Mildred is lovely - im glad she is here. Welcome Mildred

Thanks Wiggy, :) iv found out that she likes to sleep in Blogs...its the quitest part of the forum, the main forums are to noisy and busy. :sleep:

Quote from Perthite

hahaha i've got a big catnip bush at home, the cat just sits about in it all day during the summer

Cool, bring some in, Mildred would love it :)

Ghost

Quote from Stormypagan

coooool!! She may have lost her bits but she gained the knowledge that she wont be adding to the unwanted animals list.

And I am glad she has a clean bill of health .... I will go to town tomorrow and get her some toys to play with, and some catnip :D

Cool..catnip :thumbup: or valerian, tho that gets cats well stoned....:insane: if you can find any Organic cat food, {dry only} she wont eat jellified food} {she is such a good cat} Toys , Hmmm, she likes things with balls....{NO!!} also little bells.....

Thanks Stormy...btw my dog Spike is well jealous.....:(

Ghost

Quote from Stormypagan

Can you book her in for spaying?? as we don't want anymore strays about .. far too many unwanted cats already :)

Still great to have a Forum cat and she looks the purrrrfect candidate hehehe Welcome Mildred :)

Thanks Stormy, i had her spayed bout a month ago, hence why the site was in a bit of chaos, she went nuts, as im sure anyone would if they lost their bits. :( She also had her injections and a clean bill of health from the vet...:thumbup:

Ghost

Dunno if anyone's aware, but ive been quietly feeding the site cat, {she likes to be called Mildred} She is a tortoise shell, about 3 years old, and very happy with her living arrangements...she likes you all, but does shake her head at some of the posts..Hmmm

She is very fond of the Organic cat food iv been giving her, she turns her nose up at corporate cat food as it goes....iv been told she was abadoned on the site when it was hippy.com........

If anyone is up for feeding her, that would be great, also i use wood shavings and torn newspaper for her litter tray...{come on where else to you expect her to....GO!!??

I dont want to evict her, she likes her home...so let her stay, if you dont, i'll start a protest and inform ALF!! so there...:harhar:

ukhippy.com/attachment/165/ Mildred}

Woohoo, i had a f***in blinder, went to me good mate's house in glasgow, saw lots of friends, ate yummy vegan food, cooked by my friends fair hand. Saw the bells in on the roof, {really} with many friends and fireworks......

Later we all toddled of down to a tunnel party....guess where...yup in a..........blinding DJ's...some of the best free party sounds iv heard in an age as it goes...best thing was, it was so far in the tunnel, the cops had no idea......neither did any of the mad ket crew.....

Am so glad im not workin today......oooo my head hurts......

Happy New Year to you all..xxxxx

Ghost

:rave:

Reach for the lasers people...har har har

Ghost

Quote from pabsy

Jules Holland on New Years eve...amazing party.. i've shared a few New Years eves in front of the box watching it :wiggle:

But tonight i've got a few friends coming over..arriving anytime from 5pm... which suprises me slightly coz i've been on a self destruct for weeks and i'm shocked to find i have any friends left...:eek: it wont be a wild one though...:hippy:

I'LL always be your friend Pabsy...:wiggle:

Ghost

While we're on about trees, id love to learn some of the old woodcrafts, iv heard that FFT run small courses, its such a grand knowledge to have. I have been lucky enough to see first hand some of the many pieces of work, produced through woodcraft. I am making no sense this morning.

:eek:

Ghost

Quote from pabsy

I think most ancient religions worshipped trees... even people who dont share the same respect for trees as some of us do still 'touch wood' for luck..

It came from the pagan belief that after we died we would enter a tree, so people would.."touch a tree" for luck :)

Ghost

[quote=Stormypagan]I have a book called a "Tree in your pocket" which I gave Stonesy when I first met him... it describes the tree, their myths and legends, and their magical and healing properties!!

That book is awesome..i had the orginal..Tree wisdom"...i lost it in my many moves. I also love the Myths and Legends...ect ect...

Ghost

Quote from Doktor Atomik

There's a yew tree a few miles from here that's thought to be around 2,000 yrs old. It's pretty impressive.

Ooops, the Fortingal Yew known to be over 5000 {five thousand} years old.

If you dont believe me...:google: it!!!

Ghost

[I][B]The Yew

Fortingall is a small village in the heart of Perthshire, at the entrance to Glen Lyon, not far from Loch Tay. The yew tree which grows there has been estimated to be at least 3,000 years old and possibly as old as 5,000 years. It is certainly the oldest living organism in Britain and possibly the world. It's girth at one stage was over 56 feet when measured in 1769.

In the last few hundred years, as its fame grew, souvenir hunters began to take large sections of the tree and eventually a wall had to be built round it to protect it. Some of its branches only survive because they are propped up.
    Recently, tree surgeons took cuttings from the surviving branches. These will be grown by the Forestry Commission at Roslin (near the research lab where Dolly the sheep was cloned) and will then be planted in woods around the country, including the arboretum at Scone Palace. So the Fortingall Yew will live on for perhaps another few thousand years as a clone, even if the original eventually does not survive. Early people revered the yew tree and they often marked a place of worship. The church now standing beside it is relatively modern but close by Fortingall is a Neolithic cairn, a standing stone and the site of a medieval homestead. The church itself has a font and a 7th century bell which are said to have been used by St Adamnan

Ghost[/B][/I]

Quote from pabsy

agreed.. about shipbuilding being responsible for the majority of deforestation...but i'm sure i once read somewhere that the need for ships in WW1 saw the most massive amount of deforestation ever in the history of the UK. In just a few short years we lost a vast amount of our woodland..i cant remember the percentage now but i know i was shocked by just how much woodland there was in the UK before WW1..

You are unfortunatley correct Pabsy. Hence why it is now more important than ever to get involved with local planting schemes. Once we start im our local area, that will start a ripple effect, throughout the whole country.

Ghost

http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk

They are at present involved in the Trafalgar Project, a huge re'planting scheme.

Oak was the prime shipbuilding material and was divided into two classes..:strait timber and compass timber. The fromer came from trees grown relitavley close together in woodland, so had long straight trunks. Compass timber, came from largley hedgerow Oaks, where the tree had room to spread out and curve. Many ships needed to be curved, and a grown curve was stronger than a sawn one.and to find the 2'500 suitable trees for a 74 gun ship, may have meant felling over 3000 Oaks...for them to be of any real use, they would have to be over 80 to 100 years old."

The idea behind the Traflagar plant is to plant 27 woods,around the UK., one for each of the battle ships in Nelsons fleet. The flagship wood, naturally named after the Victory, is between Canterbury and Whitstable in Kent.

Get invloved and help our woodlands!!!

Ghost

Quote from Doktor Atomik

Nah, I just enjoy winding people up ;)

Ever noticed how difficult it is to find really ancient woodland in this country? It's a real pisser. Strangely, much of the deforestation actually dates back to the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, despite popular misconception of it being a modern phenomenon.

I agree...one good significator of an ancient woodland is {Mercurailis perennis} Dogs Mercury. But still they are almost impossible to find. Up here in Scotland they are trying to re'plant the ancient {Pinus sylvestris} Scots Pine. There only i think about 2 sites where they can be found in thier natrual situ.

As much as i love to see them, it should not be a wonder or gift to see an ancient woodland or tree, it should be the de riguer.

The oldest tree iv sen in the UK, is the Fortingal Yew. That is thought to be over 500 years old. Thankfully it has aTree Preservation Order. A shame that many others dont.

Ghost

Quote from Earth Whirler

I'm gonna go out armed with bricks and throw them through random peoples' windows. Well, it's something different innit?!? :eek:

Quote from random_spontaneosity

i dont ahve anyhting else to do... who's house first???

Me to Me to.....:bounce: me is coming to play with you....:woohoo: me loves the sound of breaking glass.....:D

Ghost