Posts by tekno

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Quote from Darkflame

What really irritates me is the Christians and other homophobes who try to "save" or "cure" homo/bi-sexuals. To me its no different from race - you can't change how you are...

Too true.. all of these out moded belief systems are pulling down the human race. We are all 'GOD', we are responsible for what happens to ourselves, each other, and the planet we live on! :D

Quote from Warrior Gaia

have you tried nice n clear? no chemicals, works really well as long as you follow the instructions and apply every few days. :D

Thats what I use. Its great, also try Wild Child nit repellant! It works :)

My strongest moral belief is to treat people the same way I like to be treated. I live by this one! Its getting me far!

Quote from Lozi

She was completely cynical for the entire week when we were all in the big tent though, even at that meeting, why not then all the meetings before where there was more hype? Why at that last meeting and not the others? She's a person who's really in control of herself and hates making a scene, she's not a weak person to suddenly have spasms because of big crowd rallies. Similarly to you i can be fairly cautious about these big meetings because there is the chance that there will be massive hype and so it's hard to discern what's from God and what's just crowd reaction, but i've been to way way smaller church meetings where exactly the same stuff and the same effects happen.

Whats weak about basic neuro chemical reaction. Bit touchy aren't you, or are you seeing cracks in your argument? These are just biological FACTS :harhar:

Quote from Lozi

ahh evidence, well this is one you won't like the answer to. God likes faith first evidence later. So hypothetically if you were open to Jesus and explored the possibility of christianity as truth etc etc and then met Jesus you would get the evidence. But you can't get evidence til you've become open. Then if you explored christianity practically rather than theologically and experienced nothing and got no evidence then you've lost nothing in the process have you. Thing is, if we come to God so cynical, what tends to happen is we just rationalise everything and are closed to the possiblity of it being a reality. If you suspend your cynicism for a while then that totally works....although
    funny story. Took one of my cynical and clever friends to soul survivor, a christian festival in shepton mallet because she wanted more of an insiders view of christianity in practice, thing is she wanted to just look at it and not experience it. me and my other friends did nothing to push her or indoctrinate her, as it were,but on the last night the Holy Spirit filled her because she jokingly went "Oh God come fill come fill me!" And He did. Then she had a vision.

Our brain contains several neuro transmitters and neuro chemicals. These can cause us to feel/see really far out stuff. Your friend could have just been reacting to the mass of people around her. This effect is quite common, why do think so many germans worshipped hitler, the rallies by chance. Get a social psychology book read a chapter on crowd behaviour, maybe this will explain your friends reaction

Quote from Lozi

ahh evidence, well this is one you won't like the answer to. God likes faith first evidence later. So hypothetically if you were open to Jesus and explored the possibility of christianity as truth etc etc and then met Jesus you would get the evidence. But you can't get evidence til you've become open. Then if you explored christianity practically rather than theologically and experienced nothing and got no evidence then you've lost nothing in the process have you. Thing is, if we come to God so cynical, what tends to happen is we just rationalise everything and are closed to the possiblity of it being a reality. If you suspend your cynicism for a while then that totally works....although
    funny story. Took one of my cynical and clever friends to soul survivor, a christian festival in shepton mallet because she wanted more of an insiders view of christianity in practice, thing is she wanted to just look at it and not experience it. me and my other friends did nothing to push her or indoctrinate her, as it were,but on the last night the Holy Spirit filled her because she jokingly went "Oh God come fill come fill me!" And He did. Then she had a vision.

And you don't believe in blind faith!!!! what is faith first evidence later an example of then. Weak argument when there is so much evidence against Christian mumbo jumbo. Or do you believe in Intelligent design and Babelism? Keep it constant girl!

Sorry if it seems like we are baiting you, but really. A lot a people are offended by staunch christian beliefit has been responsible for so much evil! Instead of looking to 'God' for salvation and answers we look to ourselves, because with things the way they are, it seems like 'God' is certainly not watching us.

Quote from Lozi

are you guys this cynical about other religions too?:o just wondered..., not having a jab at you.

I'm sorry if a few of you are offended by the way in which i'm wording this, ie, as truth, but i'm just as offended by swear words and all this talk of sex and stuff but i just let you guys be you guys. Can you let me be me?:cry: :loveu:

Try not using words like the truth when explaining your feelings about YOUR faith. And yes any religion that segregates and causes discrimination in any form is wrong. I have peresonally recieved abuse from christians because I took my child to Pride in Brighton this year, hhmm and God is love?? I'm sure you are a lovely girl, is there more to you than just being Christian. It'd be great to hear about it.:p

Quote from Darkflame

Nah, c'mon... how does the communication work? thoughts in your head? writings in clouds? some dude in white with a beard standing literally next to ya and having a chat with you? because I suspect its a voice in your head. Most people grow out of having an invisible friend, you know...

Maybe Lozi had a really heavy night out? Chemicals can really alter peoples perception of reality!

Quote from Darkflame

They do have closed minds... the way I see it there are two solutions:

• Circular saw - if that can't open a mind nothing can :reddevil:
    • Psychedelic therapy - hmm could be dangerous, you can test it on me first :)

Option two all the way. But you are right it should be tested at lenght first. :nanarave:

(although option one is soo tempting)

I think the point that most Christians miss is that their religion is based upon the thoughts and teachings of people who were far less educated than we are today. We have been through the age of enlightenment, there is even research that indicates that organised religion causes more social problems than cure them. The problem is it dosen't matter how much logic, reserch or evidence you present against the christian belief system, they will ignore it or come up with theories such as intelligent design or babelism (Which is nuts!!) to try and counteract any argument. Their minds are closed.

Quote from Atomik

Sorry mate, but she has the right to express her religious ideas here... so long as they don't stray into any kind of bigotry. Just as you have the right to pull them to pieces. :D

You are right! I just got a bee in my bonnet. Basically I was kicked off a Christian forum after 8 hours for expressing my non christian views. :o
    Thanks for the reality check Atomik!

Quote from Coyote

Yup, you get pushed around by NewLab instead of the Torys :rolleyes:

What are you on. There are other options such as Lib Dems or the Green Party. You can only change a system from within. Annd what would you say to the people today who are still fighting for the right to vote? Don't bother its all shit anyway! Being part of a society means that at times we do have to abide by certain rules and be slightly pushed around, its not good, but most adults understand that this is the way it has to be so we can all rub along together! Grow up. I don't like the way we live now but I try to change it.:mad:

Unfortunately Lozi seems like she has the usual affliction that affects all Christians the inability to open their mind and stop bleating about their religion. Keep it to yourself and stop trying to pollute other minds with mumbo jumbo please Lozi please......

Quote from Lozi

i can't help it, i have to correct you if you have misconceptions about my faith:o

AW babe tis you that is misguided. Read more your faith has been used as a stick to beat women (orginal sin) and others for centuries. Why are you following such a hateful doctrine which is based upon the thoughts of people with far less education than we have now! And why preach here its only falling upon deaf ears. :whistle:

jesus died for his own sins not mine! Fantastic lyric from a Crass song. Belief is a wonderful thing, but Christiabitty is flawed and has been a source of bigotry and hatered for centuries! It can be historically proven that mysogeney, racism and homophobia have been spread by christianity. Why do we not worship and believe in ourselves in all our different forms? Religious doctrine is still causing hatred and death of thousands of innocent people. The war against terror can easily be likened to the crusades, and God is love??

Quote from Lozi

We can know Jesus personally, we know his character from the bible. And we can know him personally in real life. It's not just a case of reading about him and going 'oh i know him now', but meeting him. It's hard to explain if you haven't met him...just ask him if you can meet with him, and if you a genuinely wanting to meet him, then you will in his own time. It's a case of being open.
    The reason that there are many christian groups that don't agree is that some pick and choose what to take from the bible, and others make parts of Jesus's teachings more important than his other teachings. That's why there's baptists:who believe that baptism is the most important generally, and evangelicals:who believe that sharing Gods word is the most important..... that kinda thing.
    In reality, ALL of Jesus's teachings are important, they set a moral standard by which we live today. I mean, where'd we get a conscience and morals from anyway? not all of them fit with the survival-of-the-fittest theory.
    If Jesus being God's son turns out to be true, then that's a really important decision to follow him, if not-i haven't lost anything anyway!

What? Preaching Christianity during times like this? Why when it has helped fuel recent tragic events. Who knows if the word of the bible are Jesus's teachins, can you find the proof.

Being a parent is the hardest thing! I had my girl at 25 and still felt that I may have been too young! You need to be self aware before you bring another life onto this planet. If you do not how can you help another gain self awarness. A lot of my friends were teenage mums, I'm glad I had my selfish years it taught me who I am.