Posts by pixiejanet1

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Quote from scothippy

what if living was....killing whales would u let that live. Live and let live seems too much like accepting things the way they are and not fighting back.

How many times have they come round to your door btw? is it just the once?
    Personally i would get some sort of, restraining order on them. You never know what they believe in, they might try and cleanse you from sin by burning you. I would personally feel threatened by people like that, a lot of hippies can be part of the wiccan tradition and the whole church is a reminder of what overzealous christians can do i.e. persecution of witches.
    These people are manipulators, they grab people in and feed them this garbage that they think is right.

And what makes your way right? You seem to have a lot of anger about them, i don`t see how anger is better than being someone who believes in good!

Yes, they do come to my door...all denominations...instead of slagging them off, i see what makes them tick....why they have chosen the path they have...it`s really interesting...
    Also, i read their bibles, using the christian one as a reference point...it seems that a lot of stories are put in out of context to fit their beliefs...they have the choice to do the same...but obviously, their religion suits them so have no inclination to question it I question everything..

Also, i am a christian, albeit, not one who beleives you have to go to church to confirm that fact...to me it`s more about being a better person, and seeing things in a less aggressive way... I`m bringing my daughter up to choose her way, and at the moment she loves Girls brigade...a church youth group...her choice.. She`s not hanging round the streets or terrorising people and i`m happy with that...we`re not perfect..we have slanging matches(clears the air!) but on the whole, our life is great!

It`s ok to go on about `save the whale` and all that, but personally, i believe it`s people that need to be saved just now, to stop war, to stop murder and all the other heinbous crimes that we as a human race commits.... and i don`t mean that in a `christian way` per se... i mean as a world community....

End of rant!!

PJ.

Since my girl started secondary school i give her £40 pm...I buy all practical stuff....any luxuries have to come out of her money...i need her to understand the value of it before she leaves school....why? i never was...and i never had any money, was always skint, money was like sand..i picked it up and...spent.. in an instant...

I have had to learn the hard way..and wish i had been taught before i left home...

Quote from Darkflame

Brigade? Is that like the Junior Anti-Sex League?

Girls Brigade
    Haha!! I suppose it is!!:D She asked me when she could have sex, she was about 9...
    When you`re 30 i replied!! So, that`s when she thinks people have sex...don`t think that`s going to last tho somehow....;)

Again, another thing i`m split on....

I don`t like religion rammed down my throat...but they too have a right to believe what they believe...

I was brought up a christian and am now a lapsed christian....don`t believe in any structured religion...

My girl goes to Brigade which is a christian youth group, and really enjoys it! and, because my girl goes,...she asked her dad if he would take her to church...(his resposibility, as he has her on weekends!!) So he did!! It has actually done him some good!! From mad crazed, self-harming druggy with phet pschosis to a very gentle kind understanding man(no...i don`t want him back!!) the person i knew when we first met!!(still...NO....!!)

My girl is also at a C of E secondary school and is doing fantastic, there`s so many opportunities for her and i`m really proud of her!! Having ADHD and behavioural problems, i was worried about her settling in...but she`s fine....

BUT!!! No, i`m not in the slightest bit religious, i have no time for the clipboard brigade and tell em!!

I go out all weekend(coz i can!) get completely slammered on whatever takes my fancy at the time and have a wonderful time, then come home, greet my girl, say bye to her dad, sit down have a smoke and carry on with day to day life....

Let em bother me...I don`t care....

(sorry, i ramble.....had a smoke for breakfast!! forgive me!)!!

Tequila! Had this once! there were eight of us and about six bottle of the gold one....was fine...until i stood up......and fell down...and crawled up to the loo.....six hours later i woke up..still in the loo...NEVER AGAIN!!!

just thought i`d share that with you!:rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about Drax! main one being that my Dad built the chimney(`jim was ere` is written at the top) and I watched the whole power station being built...I`m pleased he is no longer with us to see the chaos this place has caused..it was a job and he loved building things, so was perfect for him..

I learned about the acid rain when it first came to the forefront and it was a sore subject at home..

When i see the chimney it reminds me of him, but also reminds me of the devastation it has caused in Norway...So mixed i am...

sorry to open an old thread, it just stirred an emotion, mainly about my Dad..