Posts by Levey

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

Normadic RT I forgot if you wanted to attend a few classes for free, they do taster sessions for a month or so plus I believe in some classes/ centres they have reduced rates , If you were near me in Buckingham I could drag you along ..

is "Ive learned purely via books and videos as group instruction classes is more than i can afford." I agree it can be expensive £22 a month but you can go to attend classes anywhere, some folk go to three /four classes per week
    The only thing I can say on the downside of Taoist Tai Chi society for every event they hold , if you want to attend to have to buy a t-shirt @ £15 a go, there are three to four of these a year on top of your entrance fee
    I suppose considering everything is run on a voluntary basis I am being picky, but It gets me goat...;)

I would like to be at the stage when I can do this on my own with support, but there are are 108 moves in total, to much for me to remember , but I least I now find myself facing the same direction as the rest of the class when we complete a full set , Little bites little bites I keep telling myself, It's strange but I know I shall be doing this for years to come and now refuse to put pressure on myself.

Since last XMAS I have taken part in a different form~ taoist tai chi, I have found it very good for my back also, It is instructor lead and very beneficial , I have attend once/twice a week if I can work permitting -http://www.taoist.org/uk/

This is Europe for God's sake, the whole of the EU not one leader of any country has made a solitary comment over this , talk about a closed shop ... God Bless Catalan

The North shall rise , were coming to get you , now where did I put my coffee which is made up of 2/3 caff triple ristretto affogato venti, 2 pump mango 1 pump classic, 2%, mango , 3 scoops protein, 3 scoops berries, 2 scoop matcha, add banana, double blended, with whip, caramel drizzle, salted caramel topping, vanilla bean Frappuccino

DARLINGS it's a must have .... BTW MR Sam Johnson got it wrong , Man doe's not grow tired of London just can't afford to live there anymore

Hello from the better side of the river ;)

Really ...shall we start with Landmarks
    you have the Shard and the London Eye, but all the best landmarks are on the north side of the river.
    The Houses of Parliament, Monument, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Gherkin and Nelson’s Column make north London’s skyline one of the most recognisable in the world.
    Food ..53 Michelin-starred restaurants in London, you have 4 in the saaarfff
    This list goes on & on but we don't want to bore the rest of the UK

BTW Welcome :thumbup:

just finished fitting and wiring in a electric worktop hob that was the easy bit , it's now got a locked symbol on its dashboard, which means I have to press one of the other multiple symbols ten times whist whistling "God Save The Queen" no doubt For Feck Sake ..the handbook is in everything but understandable English .... I'm going outside to build a fire and weep :cry:

Well , I for one expected a full detailed report which was to include ligament damage after wearing those shoes after your night out !!
    WHAPPENED !

Wow, only this year I was talking to a work mate of mine, she had Chronic fatigue for multiple years , first diagnosed as Yuppie Flu, do you guys remember that one ? Cut to the chase for the last year she has produced her own Shungite Water & has never felt better.
    After years of taking meds , she is so frustrated that something as simple as this has given hear a cure , she also mentioned that in the process of making this water you have to use glass as Shungite shall take the toxins out of plastic and pollute your water
    love this thread also

Had to share as I had forgotten , loving this thread

Sad so very sad...My son and his girlfriend both work on the tubes, Transport For London they have cut back to the bone, Parsons Green is such a small station with only one stairway hence the amount of injuries, yes we accept being packed in like sardines and high fares , but please TFL more trains , more staff, an ongoing recruitment of British Transport Police , an upgrade to stations if it can be done, please invest because this terrorism is not going away & what is more precious than life

Gotta Love Them, A man looting at a sports wear shop has been electrocuted when a power line at the rear of the premises fell into surface water
    Please tell me not even the ambulance chasing culture of America can put in a claim against his death

Having the kitchen refitted, I was accused of throwing the kettle away making space , anyway she went off to buy a posh new one @ £100 (don't ask) anyway she found the original kettle today, just now we got our first wedding present from her mate, and yes it's another posh kettle, which leaves her with a bit of a dilemma....

Tea Anyone :whistle::D

I thought you were after a cheap French lad/ lass with not a great build quality that goes into a breakdown after three years and is expensive to keep ... but as it turns out is a car your after , good luck with your quest hope you find what your looking for ;)

I think I have found something here , Earl an old mate of mine combined forces to make a dish his Mum would cook ..Brown Stew Chicken , first to admit Queenies was better , but this was not too shabby at all
    3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
    Montreal Steak Seasoning
    4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs (with skin on)
    1 green bell pepper
    1 red bell pepper,
    1 medium sweet onion
    4-5 cloves garlic, pressed
    2 green onions, thinly sliced
    ½ cup catsup
    2 tablespoons of brown sugar
    2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
    1 teaspoon allspice
    1 teaspoon thyme
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons soy sauce