Posts by Twister

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

I know of one potential vehicle in Frome - I'll let you know if its still up for grabs.

Cooly, thanks :D

I'd personally suggest avoiding the minibus option if you can - they don't look 'straight' once you have your stuff in and they can be a lot colder than something with less windows in winter.

Hmm, you might be right about that. I definitely want something with at least 1 or 2 windows in the back though, I don't want it to be really dark inside.

... and as you lot always seem to spot the best bargains, I thought I'd enlist you in the search.

So ...

+ 3.5 Ton MAX
    + Ideally less than 10 years old (would consider older if in good condition and good history)
    + Something 'straight' looking from the outside, ie Transit/LDV etc.
    + LWB (long wheel base)
    + Automatic preferred but would consider a manual
    + Hightop preferred (but again, not essential, i'm only little!)

+ Mechanically sound (ideally with tax and MoT)
    + Decent milage (under 100k ideally, more if it's got good service history)
    + Good bodywork (no huge amounts of rust)

+ at least 1 or 2 windows in the back, preferably more (ie ex. minibus)
    + would like to convert it ourselves but would consider something with the basics already done
    + the nearer it is to Gloucestershire, the better, although we'd travel anywhere within reason for the right van.
    + Budget of £1000, but could stretch for the perfect van.

I know it's a lot to ask :rolleyes: Am keeping an eye on eBay but I have limited internet access, so if you guys spot anything, let me know!

As a 19 year old female who has been travelling alone since she was 16, I can say YES, it's perfectly safe as long as you're careful and don't take any stupid risks.

Obviously you have to be careful when hitchiking etc. but as long as you're aware of what's going on around you you should be fine. :)