Posts by Flibbertigibbet

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

I am fortunate in some ways living in Brighton where we have vegan fast food burgers, infinity foods, loads of vegan and veggie restaurants and cafes, you can get soya mlk in many cafes too and we even have a milkshake bar that does soya milkshakes.....but i have not always lived here but it is shameful how quickly you expect everywhere to be like that but end up odrering chips and salad and a baguette if you are really hungry :wink3:

On a personal note I do not take conventional if that is the correct word medication I believe (and the mind is a strong thing) is very rarley needed. Alternatives are not necassarily expensive. I think prevention is better than the cure and by eatign a good healthy vegan diet I miss out on many illness's ....but on the other hand I have had a terrible headache today and just used tiger balm as I think of the suffering of the animals when feeling pain and they have no choic.....I hoever do have that choice and can not allow something else to suffer so I dont feel that same pain....

mmmmmmm sure i am sounding up my own arse here but that isnt the point i am trying to express......