fireworks

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• hope all your animals are ok with all these fireworks going off*my cat was a hard cat but fireworks really frightened him*hugs to all ure animals and give them a special treat to keep their minds off the fireworks*

• Nightshade is unconcerned - the slovenly bugger has fallen asleep :D then again - he ain't a cat...

• ken hates it.
    the little buggers that live round here have been letting them off for 10 days already, sometimes in the middle of the day.
    dogs hearing is summin like 6 times better than ours so it must sound like bombs going off to them.
    and it's not even bonfire night yet!!!
    ken has taken to hiding behind the armchair. bless him. i try to take his mind off it by playing and giving treats, but he can still hear them and he don't like it. arrrr.

• nowt phases my cat he just sleeps and my grayhound lives on me sisters farm now.
    I've built a big bonfire on me land and bought enough fireworks to start a small war ...olol

• I'm lucky, all my animals are fine with fireworks. Pretty lucky seeing as it sounds like we live in a warzone at this time of year.

• we give our dog a spray of rescue remedy. fine for dogs and cos he gets all panty ( like pant pant, not in any kind of knickers way) its easy to do cos his mouth is half open anyway.

just calms him enough.

bloody awful time of year. i would be happier if they allowed it on the 5th only.

• Our dog is going deaf so cant hear a bloody thing, except the opening of pack of chocolate biscuits from 1000 yards!

First experience for the two kittens and they were both happily sitting on the windowsill watching the fireworks the other night, pawing at the window.

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• WTF is it with fireworks? I love the sparkly effects but each year the bangs get louder - so much so that this year they rattle the windows and sound like artillery!!!! No really!!!

Stupidity that will cost us fireworks as govt cracks down on everyone for the sake of a few tossers :rolleyes:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from scarlettdee

i think they should only be sold for organised displays..i bloody hate 'em:mad:

Nah....some nutter cant be trusted with them but thats no reason to ban the rest - perhaps a decibel limit would be useful though....

Mmmmm....fire

:D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from scarlettdee

ya shit...you know i'm frightened of that:cry: ...well.. large fires :cry:

I'll have to keep you warm in other ways I guess :D

• I love fireworks and the bangs. But why are they now so apealing to idiots? My reply to that is the names and designs on the boxs. Names like 'Bad Boy' and the design of a masked youth. The ones I bought are named 'Dancing Devil' and have a design of a cheaky looking masked devil on. This IMO dont exacly deter your young hoodie. Also prior to bonfire night why sudenly do loads of firework shops sudenly open up? Both or the resons I have stated should be stoped. This would only let responcible shop keepres and firework companys operate in the UK.

• Quote from MrAHC

I've built a big bonfire on me land and bought enough fireworks to start a small war ...olol

all round to yours tomorrow night then :waves:

• Pixie was coping really well until some idiots decided to set some off in the street right outside my house, one of them hit my window!

Now she's disapeared somewhere. I expect she's just hiding under the bed or behind the sofa. Hope she's not too scared, poor little thing!

Rascal is far more interested in trying to get my dinner than the loud bangs outside, he has his priorities right!

• Spike has been by my side since they started...i HATE fireworks....im staying in, in case i have to kill some twat, for throwing a firework anywhere near Spike.

• Quote from Warrior Gaia

all round to yours tomorrow night then :waves:

We had a great time and the mulled wine was wonderfull. Turned out to be a great comunity event were going to do it every year now.