PUMPKIN CURRY

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• A lovely Samhain dish..nicked from a cornish pagan forum i'm on...
    ENJOY....

PUMPKIN CURRY

1lb Pumpkin, 1 Large Onion, 1 Clove Garlic, 2 Tomatoes, 2oz Bacon (optional), 2tblsps Oil, 1 tsp Mild Curry Paste (add to taste), Sprinkle of Chile Powder, Juice of 1 Lemon.

Cut pumpkin into cubes, slice onion, crush garlic, chop tomatoes and bacon.
    Heat bacon in a pan, add oil, onion, garlic and fry until soft.
    Add curry powder, chile powder, lemon juice, pumpkin and tomatoes.

Cook for 15-20 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.

• Excellent - I was just about to start hunting down a recipe like this :) just out of interest though - what the hell is curry paste? because I just have a spice rack...

• With a recipe like this a good Curry Powder should work - just add to suit your taste.

Curry complements the flavour of Pumpkin very well.

If you followed the recipe above, leaving out the bacon, and then liquidise it you should have a tasty seasonal soup.

• Found a couple of veggie recipes for curry paste but I'm going to be wary about buying them - nearly all the recipes I found contained fish/shrimps :(

If anyone wants the recipes I'll stick them up if you ask...

• Quote from Darkflame

Found a couple of veggie recipes for curry paste but I'm going to be wary about buying them - nearly all the recipes I found contained fish/shrimps :(

If anyone wants the recipes I'll stick them up if you ask...

If you want indian curry paste, get Pataks (any shop/supermarket), they got huge range and all veggie/vegan. Its pretty much only the asian curry pastes you have to be wary of with regard to fish. But i have found thai red/green/yellow pastes without fish from some healthfood shops and i found one in waitrose i believe. But pataks do some really tasty ones, recommend em. But making your own is also pretty darn easy if yah got a blender.

• Wow, thanks :) I think I'll try shop bought before I have a go at making my own - that way if I make my own and its horrible at least I'll know its meant to be like that...

• Mmmm just ate this - was fantastic :D it took about 30 minutes before all the pumpkin was tender though, not 20. It was great though :)

• I'm sure scarlettdee will be able to resist the urge to sacrifice you to her pagan gods for not eating her curry on Samhain.

• Quote from Darkflame

I'm sure scarlettdee will be able to resist the urge to sacrifice you to her pagan gods for not eating her curry on Samhain.

A PUMPKIN IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR SAMHAIN;)