Fucktupness

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Coyote

I dont know which of us should be more worried that I can really get with that idea :D

I don't think we should worry about it at all :D

• there's a history of depression in my family, and i definitely think i have potential to develop it in the future if things take a turn for the worse.

• I have no problems that a few beers and a few ciggies on a friday night won't solve....:D

• A whopping 25% currently claim outright sanity. Methinks the sane folks have been doing their best to gang up on the rest of us.:panic:

M

• Hehe im not mental but you will know when im pissed off, it normally lasts for about 15 minutes then im ok, but I prefer to be that way, I like to have a good argument then forget about it. I can be a pain in the arse sometimes but I wouldnt say im mental :insane:

• Quote from weecab

PMSL, not at anyone else but myself here, having had to tick the serious fuckedupedness box, I found myself just about wetting myself at the true nature of the whole fuckedupness concept, cheers Coyote for making me feel not fuckedupness for a few minutes..........xxxxx

yeah i ticked the most serious one too ._.

i guess my anxiety thingy has gotten to the point where I can't live a normal life... but it's all stress and nerves so fingers crossed it's very temporary.

but yeah the poll made me feel ok for a minute too - makes you realize you are not alone and there is nothing to be ashamed of... the best we can all do is help each other and gradually try to work things out :)

there's no hurry, and good luck to my fellow serious fucktupness buddies! :D

:hug:

• Quote from SuperVixen

Hehe im not mental but you will know when im pissed off, it normally lasts for about 15 minutes then im ok, but I prefer to be that way, I like to have a good argument then forget about it. I can be a pain in the arse sometimes but I wouldnt say im mental :insane:

i would he he

• ...and why may I not vote on this?
    Nevermind... I would have voted the bad end.
    I have been sitting here for too long. I thought it was a good choice not to make too many changes in life. I thought I was struggling against the sad tendencies of postmodernism with all its transience and all its lacking history by doing so. But all I have recognized is that you get stucked (or punished?) if you try to commit hybris towards the strong tendencies in history of our time.

Any spiritual desire is a desire getting one - and I haven't yet found a way to be whole, while the time is tearing us apart into fragments.

A fragmented identity is causing lack of meaning, and lacking meaning is the core description of what they call "depression". Being reflecting over your life & your time & how your life fits within your time, can you really avoid being "depressive"?

Well, I've made a decision. I will travel more, experience more. But that just wont solve the fragmentation problem. We must recognize the pain which is inevitable for all human lives, and just worship our ability of reflecting which is the cause that we feel this pain.

If we really wanna be human, we must take on our pain - otherwise our only choice is to live like all other animals and care about nothing, but food and reproduction...

love and understanding,
    -wolf

• I get really bad panic attacks but I internalise them, so noone really knows, which probably makes it worse ... on and off depression and a bit of a dodgy hip ... sooo old before my time and I think I might have something slightly aspergers going on coz I just dont get the world, seriously... oooh dear. oh dear oh dear

• Quote from sunflower

the world gets to me i dont like wakeing up to here of more doom gloom and fuck ups that and people judge the book befor reading the middle page. but smoke weed and ill get throw it

that gets to me too ... I always feel judged ... oh man this thread has really depressed me .. dman it ... happy song .. la la la la:whistle:

• A clever man said:

"Why do they feed pills to those, who actually react against what's wrong? Why don't they invent a pill to feed those who gladly watch their telly day after day, believing everything is just fine? Why don't we invent a pill making the socalled 'normal' depressive?".

Why is "depression" described as a disease - and why ain't "normality"?

• ugh man i've been feeling particularly bad today... i kind of sway between having anxiety but being happy and hopeful, to having depression but being relaxed. I guess the anxiety is kinda brought on by me fighting to stay hopeful and not giving up.

Luckily, the depression is very, very shortlived it comes in tiny hour or so long bursts as it did about an hour ago when i was watching some sad music videos and stuff on youtube and i couldn't stop crying (less than jake ones actually... strange i know but their new stuff is sad ._. )

i guess i can't work out if my life is just beginning (with all the new cool ethical, natural things i have been learning about and the new life i really want), or just ending as the relatively stress-free happiness and fun of my teens is over. I'm going to have to hold on, not give up and really hope that i reach the light at the end of the tunnel before i lose the will to fight.

By my calculations... i should be ok :)

famous last words eh? lol :eek:

• Quote from hoppipolla

ugh man i've been feeling particularly bad today...

just ending as the relatively stress-free happiness and fun of my teens is over.

Sorry to hear it's a badun today...

stress-free happiness and fun - still having plenty at my grand age, it's not what you got sometimes, it's how it looks to you:)

• I used to be incapacitated, still making my way through life but not really touching anything around me. My mental state had created a bubble around me from which i could not escape and into which no one else could penetrate.
    I did it to myself initially, as a way of protecting myself (long story) but after years of reinforcement it meant that those I wanted to be close to me and wanted to be close themselves couldn't get in. This was torturous and destructive.
    Sadly through my healing process I have lost one that I cared deeply for, but I have now broken down many of my walls and I feel lifes embrace with renewed joy. I think, or atleast hope, that my experience has not been a wasted one, and my rebirth (though i don't like to use the word due to it christian conitations) has given me the fresh, untainted eyes of a child, with their joy, but also with the knowledge and ability to appreciate what i see that i have gained through my life.

For all who are low, there is hope.

When I'm on my death bed am I really going to wish I spent more time in the office?

• :huglove: xxx

• im just not motivated to do my work for school so i left it all to the last minute n i got loads to do n i no its me that got myself into this situation so now i just feel really stupid ._.

...jo doesnt like feeling stupid ._.

^-^[FONT=Arial, Helvetic, sans-serif] you may say i'm a dreamer but i'm not the only one [/FONT]^-^
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetic, sans-serif][/FONT]

• Quote from yumekoe

im just not motivated to do my work for school so i left it all to the last minute n i got loads to do n i no its me that got myself into this situation so now i just feel really stupid ._.

...jo doesnt like feeling stupid ._.

oh jobi it's ok :)

if i had a penny for every time i did that.... and do i get more if i left it until the last hour? :D

one time, all my m8s and I left the RS project that we had like 2 months to do until the last night, and were on the phone all night copying each other and getting it done for the next day!! we did it!! and all our projects sucked! :)

i'm actually feeling ok at the moment, which is surreal as i'm sitting here listening to some really depressing new emo-ish less than jake stuff, but i guess it's making me feel relaxed as it's like saying "it's ok to feel this bad". i think i'm a bit numb from all the intense emotion :eek:

anyway - gotta go i'm heading down to bexleyheath to see luceeeeeeeeee.

later peeps :waves:

• hehehe thanks mickey :) wot u said bout the RS made me smile lol

hope u're okie xx

^-^[FONT=Arial, Helvetic, sans-serif] you may say i'm a dreamer but i'm not the only one [/FONT]^-^
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetic, sans-serif][/FONT]