Banana Cake...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I just baked a cake for the flat and apparently its to bananery according to one flat mate ... how can banana cake me to bananery? :mad:

"Once a gift is stirred within us it is up to us to develop it" The Gift - Lewis Hyde

• Any cake with with banna in it is too bannary!!:vomit: i hate banna favoured things makes me ill just thinking about it.I blame that medicine stuff my mam used to give me :down:

• Perhaps they didn't realise that banana cake has bananas in? Like mince pies don't have mince in? :wiggle:Or they're really really stooopid :reddevil: Mmmmmm banana and date loaf - yummeeeeeeeeee!!!!:clap:

• well theres only half a cake left, i must have done something right... :D altho someone did complain about it having walnuts in... but i think possibly he got the most nutty part of the cake haha...

"Once a gift is stirred within us it is up to us to develop it" The Gift - Lewis Hyde

• they used to play that song in the common room ata school. andy used to love itand sang along everytime, even brought in a bunch of bananas once to go with it then gave them out to everyone.

acutally i feel like eating a banana now... i brought some the otherday even though i dont relaly like them much

• I need a good recipe for banana cake, and one with walnuts in too, mmmmmm. Can I have the recipe please please please please?

• Why certainly (this was my ingrediants i wrote from memory.. i didn't have vanilla myself and taste great without it)

1 1/2 cups of all purpose-flower
    1 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract (taste fine without it)
    1 teaspoons baking soda
    1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 egg
    3 very ripe bananas
    Walnuts

Directions which you probably don't need but i'll put them down...

• Oven preheated to 175 degrees. Grease loaf pan
    • Mash bananas and add flour, sugar, walnuts, butter, vanilla, baking powder/soda and egg. Mix well. Pour in pan.
    • Bake for 50mins or till when you think its done (i pop i knige into centre if it comes out clean then its done!
    • Leave to cool and then eat it!

• You went to all that trouble and all they can say is 'it's too bananery'. Well fuck them - don't bother making them anything else. Or make another, different cake (maybe a choc one) and say 'sorry, it's for the flat next door...'

I don't like banana cake but I don't like most cake. Excet the ones that come from the premixture at work (I work in a school) - they're well fluffy but not fresh... Technically!

• hehee well .. i don't know when i'm coming to visit.. but i should shouldn't i? hehehehe, and if i did i'd almost certainly bring you some cake!