HAWKWIND UK TOUR OCT/DEC 06

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Thanks for that just booked tickets for Manchester
    :rave:

'Come to the edge. We might fall. Come to the edge. It's to high!
    COME TO THE EDGE
    And they came and he pushed and they flew ...'

• Norwich U.E.A.
    THU26/10/2006

Morecombe Dome
    SAT28/10/2006

Wulfrun Hall
    Wolverhampton
    SUN29/10/2006

Manchester University
    FRI15/12/2006

The Picturedrome
    Holmfirth
    SAT16/12/2006

Astoria
    London
    WED20/12/2006

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• There are a few more dates than the ones posted above because I know they are playing Derby as well, seems strange that they aren't playing the south west I think Dave Brock lives down that way.

I'm going along to the Wolverhampton gig, also might go to Holmfirth , I'd have to go stocked up with shrooms, there seems something quite obsurd about the original spaced out hippy free festival band playing a cimema in a sleepy west yorkshire town that's main claim to any kind of fame is it's where "last of the summer wine" is filmed ! saying that though certain members of Hawkwind are approaching pensionable age so maybe that's the plan....maybe they're trying to get parts in the next series.

• yay, i've seen em every year round about december and this year will be no different, except i'm officially old this year. gonna try the holmfirth gig i think. should be a good un, last year in manchester was on a full moon and i totally lost it. had to book into a hotel and the lot, i was absolutely trolleyd. :insane:

• Just checked the website and found a few more dates have been slipped in.
    The Tour starts tomorrow! :wiggle:
    Tuesday 24th October - Northampton - The Deco
    Phone: 01604 602787 Web: [www.thedeco.co.uk]

Wednesday 25th October - Cambridge - The Junction

Phone: 01223 511 511 Web: [www.junction.co.uk]

Thursday 26th October - Norwich - UEA
    (University of East Anglia)
    Phone: 01603 508050 Web [www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk]

Saturday 28th October - Morecambe - The Dome
    Phone: 01524 582803 Web: [www.lancaster.gov.uk]

Sunday 29th October - Wolverhampton - Wulfrun Hall
    Phone: 01902 552121 Web: [www.wolvescivic.co.uk]

Monday 30th October - Leeds - Irish Centre

Phone: The Irish Centre 0113 248 0887 Web: [Venue]

Jumbo Records 0113 245 5570) Web: [Jumbo Records]

Tuesday 31st October - Derby - Assembly Rooms
    Phone: 01332 255 800 Web: [www.assemblyrooms-derby.co.uk]

Friday 3rd November - Haarlem (Nederland) - Patronaat
    Web: [Ticketmaster.nl] [Venue Info]

Then a few dates in December

Thursday 14th December - Bangor (N. Wales) - University
    Phone: 0161 832 1111 Web: [www.ticketline.co.uk]

Friday 15th December Manchester - Academy
    Phone: 0161 832 1111 Web: [www.manchesteracademy.net]

Saturday 16th December - Holmfirth - Picturedrome
    Phone: 0161 832 1111 Web: [web]

Wednesday 20th December - London Astoria
    Phone: 0870 888 8899 Annual Christmas Party Gig

• Love to see 'em if they decide to come down this way (Bristol). First saw them in 1975 on the Space Ritual tour but Yeovil District Council banned Stacia from getting her kit off on stage :mad:

• Quote from Atomik

I always thought the topless dancing routine was a bit sad. Was kinda like wandering into a garage where they have page 3 calendars on the wall, and it's like... oh, right.... you missed the 20th century then?

That's a fair comment, but it was the 1970s and I guess it was all about sci-fi/fantasy/removing yourself from reality for a while, etc rather than just going to see a stripper scenario which I agree, is very sad and demeaning....

• Stacia was a big girl, and a bit before my time.

Last time their dancer went topless from my memory was the 1990 tour.
    I do remember a photo with lewd caption in Sounds from that year.
    Julie was quite slender and I would descrbe it as quite tasteful.

I was doing photos with the band at the time and did a poster sized print of Julie (fully clothed!) for her to give to her mum as a Christmas present. Ah those were the days :whistle:

Both Hawkwind and the Levellers have played the Rock & Blues Bikers festival near to me in Derbyshire in recent years where they have Wet T Shirt competitions and Strippers as part of the entertainment. I do find that tacky.

We've drifted a bit off-topic, but there is potential for a new thread here.

• saw the hawks last nite. seen 'em about 36 times since 1977 and i must say they were really good. they played some stuff i've never seen 'em play before, i'm not saying any more. if your thinking about goin' to see 'em, DO IT!:rockon: :drummer: :carrot:

• BOING!BOING!BOING!
    Going to see Hawkwind tonight!!! Woohooo!!!!!
    BOING!BOING!BOING!
    :nanarave::nanarave:

• pheweymejoadie, Boinging indeed!!!

Just arrived back on planet Earth.
    What a gig!! Granted I was aided in my cosmic odyssey by the finest peak district psilocybin crop but what a journey! I was fully entwined in nebulaic hubble space telescope backdrops to the song 'infinity' and stared in gawping wonder as flourescent creatures of goblinaic and pixie forms danced in slow motion on stage during many aural cascades of musicological ticklage such as Assasin's of Allah. Then there was a nerve tingling, bone jiggling, mind blasting finale with motorhead, among other classics. FANFUCKINTASTIC!!!

I be a happy fella !!!!

• Quote from Dharmamillo

pheweymejoadie, Boinging indeed!!!

Just arrived back on planet Earth.
    What a gig!! Granted I was aided in my cosmic odyssey by the finest peak district psilocybin crop but what a journey! I was fully entwined in nebulaic hubble space telescope backdrops to the song 'infinity' and stared in gawping wonder as flourescent creatures of goblinaic and pixie forms danced in slow motion on stage during many aural cascades of musicological ticklage such as Assasin's of Allah. Then there was a nerve tingling, bone jiggling, mind blasting finale with motorhead, among other classics. FANFUCKINTASTIC!!!

I be a happy fella !!!!

seems like you must of had as good a nite as we did, i thought they were the bizz:hippy: