Test and trace or track and control?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• There were some examples of this on the (Beeb) radio, about 1/2 hour ago. One person was rung up and told to isolate by t&t, and asked for details of other folk she had been in contact with, gave them, and over the next few days was rung up 45 times to be told that she had been in contact with someone else who had tested positive, and again and again asked to give details of all contacts... It eventually dawned on her that this was a merry-go-round, and that all these calls stemmed from people she had initially been in contact with, then them giving t&t their details of who they had been in contact with, including her, of course...

Bojo gave his business friends a £12 Billion contract to do this shyte!

• "The march towards a new order has a familiar historical meme. The new Brownshirts are those who terrorise citizens for not wearing masks, for not being locked down in their pens, and for simply supporting a political candidate of choice."

A wonderful quote in an RT news article.

• Dude you can not seriously make a comparison against the evil deads that the brown coats dished out. They hurt,tortured,maimed and killed many innocent people in the name of white supremecy. There is no connection here with genocide what-so-ever !!!

I am not knocking your beliefs and excuse me if my message comes across that way. I just find the comparison you made a bit sensationalist. xx

• The same conspiracies get wheeled out whenever there's a big problem -- 9/11, Iraq War etc.

It's been almost 20 years since 9/11 and we still don't have a New World Order microchipping the population.

And today security and all the bullshit that goes with it is nothing like it was 20 years ago.

It's obviously going slowly enough to fool the likes of you. Part of a plan maybe.

• And today security and all the bullshit that goes with it is nothing like it was 20 years ago.

It's obviously going slowly enough to fool the likes of you. Part of a plan maybe.

There is no need to get personal and call people names. Just because Paul does not agree with you certainly does not make him a fool :whistle:

• There is no need to get personal and call people names. Just because Paul does not agree with you certainly does not make him a fool :whistle:

So to suggest someone has been fooled by others is getting personal and calling people names.

By that standard huge swathes of the population are fools. Cheated buyers, deceived payers of pension plans and such.

It appears you are unable to fully understand the meaning and context of written English.

I've no doubt you'll read some politically correct twaddle into that statement to.

• As for gone native,I am quite sure that you will be able to hear me from there when I sing the anthem against france next saturday :-)

Nice to see a bit more levity on the site,well done xx

• The same conspiracies get wheeled out whenever there's a big problem -- 9/11, Iraq War

This one is different Paul due to actual restrictions and laws against our freedoms, I hope that you are right and it's just another conspiracy but don't start crying if we end up in a police state and you have done nothing to prevent it.

• I personally think that the laws and restrictions are needed as too many people seam to think that they are better than the virus and it will not touch them.

If there is no control then many of you on here could well lose family and friends,let alone yourselves.

Despite how much one thinks that there is a lot of conspiracy in this,I would recommend that you keep an open mind and try and keep touching other people and thiungs other people have touched to a minimum for the time being !

I will keep an open mind towards a conspiracy too :angel:

• I hope that you are right and it's just another conspiracy but don't start crying if we end up in a police state and you have done nothing to prevent it.

My take is the government are clueless, they don't want to restrict freedoms more than necessary, but are clutching at straws finding the best way to do it while still allowing the flow of money -- hence the nonsensical laws that (for example) let you get a crowded train to work but don't let you share your home with someone you trust.

Thus far two people I know have died from this illness, and I potentially have 'long covid' -- as in, I got ill in February and I still haven't recovered properly (I just don't make a fuss about it) -- So with no guarantee of herd immunity, healthy people being sick or hospitalised, and no effective vaccine, the implications are a beyond people dying.

It would be irresponsible for a government to not take it seriously -- but if they hang onto the restrictions beyond this crisis, then I'll be the first one fighting back against it.

• My take is the government are clueless, they don't want to restrict freedoms more than necessary, but are clutching at straws finding the best way to do it while still allowing the flow of money -- hence the nonsensical laws that (for example) let you get a crowded train to work but don't let you share your home with someone you trust.

Thus far two people I know have died from this illness, and I potentially have 'long covid' -- as in, I got ill in February and I still haven't recovered properly (I just don't make a fuss about it) -- So with no guarantee of herd immunity, healthy people being sick or hospitalised, and no effective vaccine, the implications are a beyond people dying.

It would be irresponsible for a government to not take it seriously -- but if they hang onto the restrictions beyond this crisis, then I'll be the first one fighting back against it.

I hope that it is out of your system soon enough Paul and that you are back on top form soon. Not nice to hear that you have been suffering.

I know that it is easy to blame the government for all of this and I am the first to say that I thought Boris dithered too much at the start of it all and should of been more decisive,but its every person who is mixing in crowds and kissing people and shaking hands that are to blame.

I have seen in France ( especeially in Brittany ) a certain anarchic mentality towards the virus as if it is the people saying screw you to the government,but it is not the government that they are disrespecting really it is the virus and only a fool should disrespect the might of nature.co- Incidently,Brittany had a lot of cases too !!!!

To be in government at this moment is a completely thankless job and unless you wave a magic wand that fixes everyones health,the economy and peoples freedom then you are going to be hated by many. It is a tough time for us all and only by being sensible for a while will we be able to beat this thing. It may be here for some time yet so practicing the virtue of patience would not be a waste of ones time :flowerpower: