Vegan vs Meateater

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Just to give it a bump, there's an interesting little article here on the Black Vegan scene over in the States....

I've known quite a number of black, and other minority ethnic vegans -- it's not uncommon, but there's also a perception I've heard from black people that veganism is a 'white persons thing'.

There's also a suggestion of a phenomenon called 'white veganism' that accuses activists of cultural insensitivities etc. and that, by ignoring the struggles of 'POC' (I hate that acronym) while promoting animal rights, it's even borderline racist -- I don't buy that shit at all, as it largely seems to stem from middle class woke hipster types, who seem to use any excuse they can to cause division amongst people who would normally be on the same side. :/