Lyme disease

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I got bitten by bugs nine days ago, they didnt go away, they got worserer... I'm now on strong antibiotics for Lyme disease, o the joy...

Anyone else had this/ got this ?

I didnt know much about this tick thing, and thought, it will go away, forever... I read up a bit, nope..not having it, I dont live in Wiltshire...how dare they be in West Yorks..

• We have a friend who suffers from it. The symptoms can be quite varied, and it is thought to be far more widespread amongst the population than generally thought, because many of it's symptoms are attributed to something else. Some doctors know little about it, and it generally seems to get very neglected in the way of research. More about it here...

It looks like you are having treatment that has caught it early, PJ, so you have the best chance of full recovery. All good wishes.

• It doesnt sound good that, as a kid growing up on the moors we a where schooled on lymes disease, its not nice, i think it stays with you we were lucky or maybe we are immune highly unlikely but we used to get covered in ticks as kids making dens in bracken,

its maybe more common now i think maybe due to climate change ie no heavy frosts killing the ticks back a bit in winter.

bigger spread more people dogs about etc than i remember as a kid

and i hear some of it has come from the continent.

Theres a slight link in that sheep used to get a disease known as louping ill basicly the tick causes a virus or poison to attack the sheeps nervous system.

Recently sheep farmers have been forced to give there sheep live vaccines of the louping ill vaccine, to keep shoots happy as there grouse can also get this from a tick thats lived either on a sheep or grouse or anything else.

I argued the case that surly if a live vaccine was introduced clould the tick bite a sheep going through the vaccination process suck in vaccination and become immune itself or ramp up a mutated strain of virus or super tick

I was of course not laughed at but proven wrong , maybe i am wrong but i couldnt see the point in bombarding sheep with vaccine and pour ons if there was no louping ill in flocks or grouse. (then)

guess what grouse now have louping ill and there numbers are down

read into that what you will.

(heather beattle isnt helping again hot summers and mild winters are making heather beetle survive and killing heather.

So on point back to lymes disease.

a relation i know has had it, he went to the docs several times before they would test him as they didnt test for it then (about 5 years ago)

He got all sorts of bugs from abroad.

which docs couldnt detect so he blasted a lot of savings i think and went private on tropical disease place in london.

As lymes weirdly wasnt tested for then and classed as tropical disease,

Lots of pills tests etc, but i heard them on aboat germany being a leader in getting rid of bugs and diseases.

I heard that they were considering and i think they did use,

one technique using proton beam therapy, mainly used for cancer but it was used widely in germany to zap bugs and diseases of the body.

if any off this rambling helps i hope it does if not i appologise, take all the above with a pinch of salt,

and please just pester your doc, i think there a bit quicker on board on lymes these days.

• I got bitten by bugs nine days ago, they didnt go away, they got worserer... I'm now on strong antibiotics for Lyme disease, o the joy...

Anyone else had this/ got this ?

I didnt know much about this tick thing, and thought, it will go away, forever... I read up a bit, nope..not having it, I dont live in Wiltshire...how dare they be in West Yorks..

Its very very very good you got a quick diagnosis

It can be shit if left. Big Hug, stay safe