Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• It’s all becoming a bit confusing, being forced into a woke pc world.
    Try as I may to go with the flow. It all started to go wrong for me 30 years ago, when Marathon became Snickers bar.
    Two days ago I saw a small but thickset African Male hanging around the open shed door in a neighbour but one’s back garden. A very rare sight in these parts. What made me suspicious was the raising of the empty hand and nod of head, when he realised I had clocked him.

I immediately went to ask my friend & next door neighbour if she knew anything about this person. (She was born and bred in the village and knows everyone). Not to be rude In front of my friends woke daughter. I struggled to describe this coloured stranger.
    “Do you know who this darky is” ? were the words that came out of my mouth. Only to be informed, that my words were offensive. So by trying hard not to offend, I did just that. On reflection I don’t know why I even used the word “darky” it must be something I picked up as a kid. I try to be descriptive when communicating, so not to waste time beating about the bush when conveying a message. Turns out to be no big deal as this coloured was a friend of the family who owns the garden shed.

• It’s all becoming a bit confusing, being forced into a woke pc world.
    Try as I may to go with the flow. It all started to go wrong for me 30 years ago, when Marathon became Snickers bar.
    Two days ago I saw a small but thickset African Male hanging around the open shed door in a neighbour but one’s back garden. A very rare sight in these parts. What made me suspicious was the raising of the empty hand and nod of head, when he realised I had clocked him.

I immediately went to ask my friend & next door neighbour if she knew anything about this person. (She was born and bred in the village and knows everyone). Not to be rude In front of my friends woke daughter. I struggled to describe this coloured stranger.
    “Do you know who this darky is” ? were the words that came out of my mouth. Only to be informed, that my words were offensive. So by trying hard not to offend, I did just that. On reflection I don’t know why I even used the word “darky” it must be something I picked up as a kid. I try to be descriptive when communicating, so not to waste time beating about the bush when conveying a message. Turns out to be no big deal as this coloured was a friend of the family who owns the garden shed.

At least you did not call him "Tabacco" RT.

Which now in hindsight I'm wondering if all said Bras were made of cotton..

How Very dare they !!

• Boils my piss when words are taken to be offensive when they aren't. I'm not racist, & judge people on many things but never colour. Thus I can dislike a Caucasian person just because they are a nob & that's fine but if I dislike a coloured person, it will only be because they are a nob, & never because they are black/ brown etc.

Trouble is when people tell me " you only dislike the guy cos he's black"

Bollocks! I have no problem with anyone because of race or colour, but a nob is a nob, whoever he/she is....

• Same reason it annoys me that I can call you a white man, but I'm looked at badly if I call a black man black. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I can talk about a "brown cow" or a " black rabbit" but call a person black & you are instantly branded "racist"

Load of bollocks IMHO, no offence meant, so none should be taken....