Trespass and the right to roam

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Many years ago during a heated argument with a miserable land owner as I crossed his paddock with no animals in to get to where I wanted to be a lot quicker than if I had walked around said field.

I bluntly told him when he screamed at me it was his property "that he he'd only paid for the privilege of caretaking it and trust me, when your dead it will surely still be here, just as you surely will not be"

• Many years ago during a heated argument with a miserable land owner as I crossed his paddock with no animals in to get to where I wanted to be a lot quicker than if I had walked around said field.

I bluntly told him when he screamed at me it was his property "that he he'd only paid for the privilege of caretaking it and trust me, when your dead it will surely still be here, just as you surely will not be"

I said that to a woman in a posh house. She was not happy when I proceeded to take a cold beer out of her fridge and began to drink it. I told her it’s my party trick! Shocked she asked “what is the trick”? I told her I could turn the beer into piss before her husband could. Police didn’t side with my argument that “all property is theft” or my lame excuse that they are only guardians of the said property. The courts were in favour of the plaintive and fined me £260 for theft of the beer and 80 hours community service for breaking and entering.

• I was “allowed” to read it wen I first scanned it. I was only browsing and when I got back to the wagon. I was denied access. Until subscribed. Subscription was free, but I’ve had enough of giving consent for access to “their” data base. I will try again on Lyndseys laptop.

• I said that to a woman in a posh house. She was not happy when I proceeded to take a cold beer out of her fridge and began to drink it. I told her it’s my party trick! Shocked she asked “what is the trick”? I told her I could turn the beer into piss before her husband could. Police didn’t side with my argument that “all property is theft” or my lame excuse that they are only guardians of the said property. The courts were in favour of the plaintive and fined me £260 for theft of the beer and 80 hours community service for breaking and entering.

What has any of that got to do with the principles of right to roam?

The right to roam principle works under the auspices that all other elements of laws preventing nuisance behaviour remain enforceable.

• What has any of that got to do with the principles of right to roam?

The right to roam principle works under the auspices that all other elements of laws preventing nuisance behaviour remain enforceable.

Sorry zendaze, I was referring to a tiny part of the 92% with no right to roam. All property is theft/ temporarily owned/under guardianship. If you put a fence around it or a wall that doesn’t change the principle. If the beer wasn’t an issue, would the woman’s privacy still be?

We expect our own privacy rights to be respected, to exercise control over our own personal property and possessions. But often have a problem with others exorcising" their same rights.