Criminalising trespass and empowering the police seize your home.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• If that idiot sturgeon woman gets her way Scotland will end up so deep in the EU mire as the poor cousin that there'll be wistful reminiscing of the old days under the Westminster incompetents.

Dystopia is coming. You'd best decide and prepare now whether to be an asshole compliant citizen, a trodden on member of the proletariat or under the radar siding with neither.

• But LosingBaggage, the EU have said they won't be accepting Scotland into their corridors of power ... So what Ms Sturgeon wants is irrelevant. She's not getting an invite to the party. The train has left the station! The ship has sailed!

You're saying the options are 1. Become compliant or 2. Wing it under the radar.

Being under the radar is nigh impossible, even if you choose to bug it out in the North Of Scotland, the Mountains of Wales, the moors of Northumbria, I doubt anyone in the UK can actually be under the radar for very long.

I'm in favour of a third way. That is a more inclusive society where personal freedoms and choices go hand in hand with responsibilities. Where ordinary people like me can live comfortable, sustainable lives with purpose. And where we build community.

Call me naive or idealistic.... but I've been on this earth for a while longer than most and experienced my share of challenges and shite!!

I see change,,,,, and a fair bit of it positive. Communities are being built. Groups are coming together. Yes,,, there's a whole lot of shite out there, but there's a whole lot of good things happening too.

I'm choosing the third way and there will be plenty of people joining me.

My Granny was a traveller / tinker / gypsy... whatever title you choose, because she wouldn't have cared for Politically Correct labels. I went hawking with her as a child. She had a saying any time I moaned ,,,, " complaining will do you know good,,,, action will,, so what are you going to do?? You can make a kirk or a mill of it!! "

If that idiot sturgeon woman gets her way Scotland will end up so deep in the EU mire as the poor cousin that there'll be wistful reminiscing of the old days under the Westminster incompetents.

Dystopia is coming. You'd best decide and prepare now whether to be an asshole compliant citizen, a trodden on member of the proletariat or under the radar siding with neither.

• I actually gave three options and those choosing your favoured third way are as likely to find themselves lumped into my option two.

I've managed living under the radar predominantly in the capital for five years now very comfortably in a van.

As for the EU, there's not a chance in hell they'd turn away another sucker to reside in their asylum. Saying something and doing something else standard EU, government, political behaviour isn't it.

• OOps... my mistake dear Losing Baggage.:whistle:

"Asshole Compliant citizen ,,, a trodden on member of the proletariat"....

Ok,,, My mistake,,,, so you meant Compliant citizen for the middle class??

And trodden on member of the proletariat for the working class??

I presumed that being compliant and trodden on was kind of the same thing!! And not a class thing!! So I grouped those people together ,,,, ....But then that's just me who doesn't give a f**k about class and doesn't regard those who don't share my views as assholes/

A huge WELL DONE and hugs for staying under the radar in London for 5 years. I've never even managed a fleeting visit to London without picking up at least one extortionate parking ticket or parking offences fine... and never managed to park my car anywhere other than a NCP carpark with fees greater than the average Daily Wage. Keep up the Ninja Van Living,,, be calm and be happy..:flowerpower::flowerpower::flowerpower: Blessings Be. xxxx

• The currently outdated concept of class will have little to do with a dystopian future so no, I did not mean what you suggested.

And if your going to attempt something along the lines of a double anecdote probably best not to use the word never as makes at least one of them look like a lie.

• The currently outdated concept of class will have little to do with a dystopian future so no, I did not mean what you suggested.

And if your going to attempt something along the lines of a double anecdote probably best not to use the word never as makes at least one of them look like a lie.

Dear Losingbaggage,

I wasn't going to "attempt " anything!! But thank you for your advice re "double anedotes and lies..." whatever that means!!!!

May your life be filled with wisdom, peace and especially kindness and thoughtfulness to others.

Love and blessings to you.

I wish you well along your path..... Lesley. xxx