I remember Tribal Living

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• The slow death of a forum is never interesting. It’s not like we hadn’t anything to say anymore. Many of us just stopped talking, while others listened at another table. The Tribe become anorexic, without feeding our mindS, the Tribe was lost to memory......

Goodmorning hippy.
    made it through the remaining stew, good for you, don’t forget you’ve got to chew. :insane:

• Hello cangaceiro, I’m a we bit concerned that if a few more members drop off from interacting with the forum. It’s not going to be a place of stimulus or activity. If fb works to get the words out. Parler provides a free speech place. Any and every other social media fills the gaps... then this place will be a club with fewer members than friends. I’m wondering if the alternative hippy home hasn’t mopped up those who grew up on here. If that’s the case, then fair play. It’s run it’s course and served it’s purpose. One can only try. Revisiting a forum to catch up with characters is something I would like to treasure. :)

• Tribal Living forum died out.... RT is worried we might have the same fate. He sees plenty folk joining but not having much to say, no participation. Like folks sitting around the fire, enjoying other folks tales, but maybe not joining in, for some reason or other....:shrug:

Soon, everybody is asleep....:(

Oh, Hello there, RT! You got to post again before I did...

• Tribal Living's layout made my eyes bleed :eek:

I remember when they first threatened to close, loads of people jumped in, promising to use the site as they didn't want to lose it ... but very few people actually did what they said. The rest is history.

Summer is always slow for forums -- and in some ways, being quiet during lockdown has potentially saved us from a whole heap of crazies, as I'm convinced the entire planet has lost the plot :insane:

• There was a little bit more to T.L's demise . Banning and pissing off some of the more cerebral members didn't help.

Yes I understand that and we had our own issues over the years. Folk have the right to choose what they consider “acceptable management/moderating.”

In a ideal world forums/remote group communication networks would be automated, regulated, self financing for sustainability and ultimate longevity.

Quality V’s Quantity is a good recipe for a open dynamic & welcoming online environment. Achieving and maintaining that balance requires effort from its members. Netflix cost about the same as UKH if it’s just entertainment folk want.

For the record. I think Paul’s mgt/running of this site is first class. I would like to see more input from Paul to threads and topics as a member himself, as I find his views/opinions interesting. But maybe he gets his fun by providing space for “us” to gather, a bit like our favourite pub landlord.

In the real world we are bombarded daily with topics/issues in the media & by governments etc, which we can’t debate/question/discuss or interact with the source. We have the perfect platform here for doing just that. To discuss “whatever” they throw at us.
    Plenty of Topics worthy of hippy scrutiny. :D

• For the record. I think Paul’s mgt/running of this site is first class. I would like to see more input from Paul to threads and topics as a member himself, as I find his views/opinions interesting. But maybe he gets his fun by providing space for “us” to gather, a bit like our favourite pub landlord.

Thank you -- although I'm still only human and make plenty of bad decisions.

Personally I'm currently distracted by other things; I don't post much anywhere at the moment, but that doesn't mean I've abandoned ship :D

Yes, I do get a level of enjoyment from holding this space for people, although I still have a constant "what do I do with this site" narrative going on in my head -- I would love it to return to the pre-Facebook, pre-mobile days vibrancy, but it doesn't seem like that will happen without a complete collapse of the social media giants.

• Twitter inventor Jack Dorsey said:

The most incredible aspect of the internet is that no one person or organisation controls it: the people make it what it is every day. The ideal is constantly under threat, especially today.

UKH is one of the ways us hippies make use of it and the threat is real!
    For all of you who regularly have sumat to say, post (even though there’s a million other things you could do with your energy, places to be, thoughts to keep.) I salute you. :flowerpower::insane::peaceman::dready:

• it was a sad day for me when T.L past away i dont post on here so much now and i agree Paul does a good job running this site plus any others who help out i just dont feel the urge to post i must say R.T is doing a valient job with his posting