what if, religions are created by aliens?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I'd be a bit suspicious myself, of anyone who claimed to be the reincarnation of anybody, let alone anyone fairly well-known. It's a really big swallow to go with that, without even looking at anything else they have to say.

Not that I am against the idea of some form of reincarnation; it's more logical than most religious ideas, although there are some pretty big logistical questions there that need to be answered.....:D

A few years ago the Vatican came out with the announcement that it was okay to figure there might be other life-forms in the universe apart from ourselves. So the Pope might well have been going through his back numbers and discovered that some of the stuff stashed away in there was really enlightening[panic].

But on the other hand he may have got the tip off from the Italian Air Force, or the USAF, or even Area 57.... There must surely be one or two Catholics in there, already....:reddevil:

• Some of the later Cosmic Disclosure episodes were a bit.... Okaaay, you sure about this? Several with a man who claimed he worked for a secret part of the Marines who operated in space from bases on Mars, went on various missions, after a tour of duty his consciousness, spirit, soul, world be transferred into a cloned younger body. He would then be transported back to earth a la Star Trek when the future without him in it would instantly be changed to a future with him in it... There was other stuff, you know, I try to be open minded, possibly to the degree of gullibility, and I am sure there's loads of things we are not told about but this guy talking about giant spiders and beings from other worlds who are 50 feet tall... It blew it for me, stretched my credulity to breaking.

This person had had a polygraph test where the examiner stated, '[He] certainly believes he is telling the truth'. I noted this was not, 'It is my opinion that this is the truth'.

As for reincarnation, I believe absolutely in this (had a weird experience). The Christian tradition also held this tenet, it was the Roman Emperor Alexander - and his mum - who expunged this from the Bible in the 4th century. Other books, the Gnostic gospels were also removed and the whole thing reorientated to favour patriarchy and enable the rule of fear.

• Personally I think there is enough evidence to support the contention that our DNA was altered dramatically at some point, there were sophisticated human (?) civilisations on earth well before what is currently believed, that megalithic structures were not built by men with ropes and rollers, ancient peoples had in depth knowledge of the planets and stars and the earth's precession.

I don't think religion was created by aliens, I think it was aliens and either humans recorded was they saw with what language was available to them at the time or texts have been mistranslated or oblique reference was made at the time perhaps or of fear or maybe reverence. For sure I can pretty much dump what I was taught in history at school - and physics, and maths too apparently, probably also chemistry but I never got it in the first place so nothing to unlearn there. That leaves cookery (which I hated).

• Maths , physics and chemistry are my 3 favourite things, cooking generally uses all 3 ;)

Religions as a whole do have similar themes regardless of location on the globe, thats odd.

Big stones are very difficult to move , also very odd but I dont buy into the 'alien gps' theories, I would hope that an intersteller craft or planetary orbiter would not need to rely on some stones laid out on the surface .

In short , I believe most religions are based on things that were witnessed millenia ago and recorded in the best way achievable at the time, this in turn led to embellishments and additions that have carried throught to present day.

Why is the book of Enoch not widely mentioned ?

• I don't think the megalithic monuments were sign posts for ET craft, they got here across gazillions of miles of space okay, they can probably manage to find their way around once here. No, I think the pyramids were / are for healing and some sort of power. I think the messages left are instructions or warnings or maybe greetings. I think ancient civilisations knew that there is a cycle of growth and destruction (we have lost this knowledge) and built huge indestructible monuments to pass on knowledge and warnings to subsequent civilisations. I cannot offer any proof but from reading widely - as you say, all the ancient traditions have similar mythologies - and archaeological findings this is my thinking. Fascinating that there is evidence of nuclear conflict, stories of beam weaponry. What, just what is being kept from us by the military-industrial machine?

• The Book of Enoch was deselected (in modern terminology!) by the early Catholic Church from those books which had at that time very loosely made up what we know now as the Christian Bible.

Quite a number of other 'books' and writings were chucked out, too. A few because they were known to be recent, and followed a point of view of a cult different from the Catholic Church, but most because a particular story and pattern of religious belief was being formed and written down, and they did not conform to this.

Some, like the Book of Enoch, made references to the 'Watchers'; those outsiders who in some way kept the planet under some kind of surveillance. From what I can remember, there was also reference to the 'Children of the Watchers', who came down and interbred with humans....

Perhaps thereby spoiling somebody's long-term experiment?

Who knows:shrug:

• I'd be a bit suspicious myself, of anyone who claimed to be the reincarnation of anybody, let alone anyone fairly well-known. It's a really big swallow to go with that, without even looking at anything else they have to say.

Not that I am against the idea of some form of reincarnation; it's more logical than most religious ideas, although there are some pretty big logistical questions there that need to be answered.....:D

A few years ago the Vatican came out with the announcement that it was okay to figure there might be other life-forms in the universe apart from ourselves. So the Pope might well have been going through his back numbers and discovered that some of the stuff stashed away in there was really enlightening[panic].

But on the other hand he may have got the tip off from the Italian Air Force, or the USAF, or even Area 57.... There must surely be one or two Catholics in there, already....:reddevil:

Absolutely young old keith,I find that reincarnation makes complete sense to me in one form or another,but to specify who or what one was before is something that I personally do not believe is part of the package.

once we have died and moved on I believe that all connections with our previous being are disconnected. I could be wrong however !!!!

Looking at the title of this thread I would say that religion has certainly been created by man,but is majoritively looks to a non human entity as its god-idol.

Personally I think something or someone closer to home ould be a far more believable concept !!!!!

It makes me laugh when good christian folk give their kids a hard time for believing in an invisible friend :-)

• Yes, the Sufi have a nice idea of 'The Friend' which is worth exploring as a spiritual and philosophical concept. The Friend is not a separate entity though, as one might at first think...

Enough, we may be getting into quantum mechanics here.....:boing::boing:

Its a bit too early on a sunday morning for me to give thought to quantum mechanics,maybe consider thinking about it later :whistle: