what if, religions are created by aliens?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• thousand kind of religions existed. what if, some extraterrestrial life forms came here, choose a person, and relayed some knowledge to them? and we call them prophets?

it’s all possible, however the outcome would probably be no different to say, the BBC costumes department giving someone a makeover. BBC set designers staging and elaborate scene, (lights, smoke and mirrors) BBC script writers feeding a story. ACTION... The more witnesses (proof, evidence etc)

if enough folk can be won over, convinced, want to believe. Then is it either a religion/cult or tomfoolery? If “aliens” extratesticle bbc were to deliver the same message, would the outcome be any different?

• It might be laughable, but during the Soviet era in Eastern Europe, Czech children were taught - presumably in an attempt to give some logical credence to the New Testament - that Jesus was an alien who came here to spread the good word, and when it came time for the Ascension, it was a spaceship that came for him. I have even seen the children's book illustrations of the Ascension depicting this.

• during the Soviet era in Eastern Europe, Czech children were taught that Jesus was an alien who came here to spread the good word, and when it came time for the Ascension, it was a spaceship that came for him.

I am now bamboozled and flabbergasted ;)

Have you got any links ? I found nothing about this.

Salute, o Satana, / O ribellione,
    O forza vindice / De la ragione !

(G.Carducci)

The post was edited 1 time, last by cangaceiro ().

• That was quite some time ago, and the accounts were quite matter-of-fact. The reason seemingly that the teaching of religion was not encouraged under the Soviets, but, if such stories were given more prosaic explanations which avoided the supernatural, they were allowed by the censors.

I'll try and look up any references for you, but my recent searches have revealed nothing either.

At one time I took some interest in UFO's and the whole extra-terrestrial scene, and met nutters and interested scientific types in equal number. A few were both, of course. The whole 'Jesus was a spacemen' idea may have originated in Eastern Europe, I don't know. Certainly it was prevalent in Holland in the 1960's, when I first came across it.

People were waking up - or perhaps only young people were waking up! - in the 1960's, and lots of alternative explanations were being sought and bandied about for many things which up to that time had been accepted without question. I had a friend at one time who was really sold on the idea of Jesus being some kind of spaceman, and it could be a bit embarrassing when interviewing people to have him come out with these far out ideas....:whistle:

• Either this is just a tall fat tale or those guys in Czechoslovakia were entirely off their rocker... Covering a lie with a bigger, flashier one when the very existence of Jesus is a matter of debate. My bet: just an urban legend.

• I think the 'gods' were ancient aliens. They came here in their spacecraft, did their genetic improvement work, hung around for a bit to see it take, and buggered off. All the old civilisations have a flood myth, they all have flying myths - dragons, feathered snakes, people with wings on their backs, cities in the air. They all have the weapon that never tires of killing. I certainly don't believe the christian white-haired-caucasian-old-geezer god and as I've said on here before, I don't trust any religion which employs intermediaries between the 'god' or 'gods' and the supplicant. Especially intermediaries who seem suspiciously well off, well fed and well housed... hmmmm.

But somehow, alongside that prosaic explanation, I do think there is earth energy, earth fields, gaia, a conglomeration of spirit, the quantum, and that to me is maybe not to be worshipped, but certainly to be acknowledged, to be grateful for, to believe in and take comfort from.

Shame the Romans burned down the library at Alexandria, and some of the Dead Sea Scrolls were used as kindling and / or sold off to private collections for £££££s.

• Either this is just a tall fat tale or those guys in Czechoslovakia were entirely off their rocker... Covering a lie with a bigger, flashier one when the very existence of Jesus is a matter of debate. My bet: just an urban legend.

It must be tough if you have a closed mind. There have been quite a number of cults over the years since WW2 that have also espoused the idea of Jesus being some kind of spaceman. Like you I also have doubts about his existence, at least in the form given by the various Christian religions. Paul and those who followed in his footsteps were responsible for a great deal of holy empire building, during which no doubt massive amounts of religious myths were added to the slim existing stories, which at that time would have been mostly word-of-mouth.

But whatever the religious history of the churches, there is no doubt that under the Soviets those Czechs of a religious peculiarity were persecuted in a variety of ways, and eventually religious studies were banned from the school curriculum altogether. So it is quite possible that in earlier days, when anti-religious pressure was first applied, ways were sought to make religious ideas more logical and less fantastic, in the hope that the authorities would let some kind of religious mythology continue.

What is off your rocker about teaching that Jesus was a spaceman anyway? It certainly sounds more logical than that Jesus worked miracles. I met a number of people who were quite sane in everyday affairs, Dutch and English, who had this - to me then - novel idea. Like any other theory, if there is no evidence, it doesn't hold water; it is just a supposition, perhaps to some even a belief, but a belief slightly more rational than the ones they learned when young, that's all.

• Ancient Sumerians had a lot of stuff including what is believed to be the first written language, the Anunnaki (those that came from heaven) feature in their mythology. Meanwhile in South America where the Aztecs and Mayans lived there are similar legends , not to mention big stone structures .

Same legends/beliefs existed globally in different forms ,all very interesting stuff , especially depictions of the Solar system and many referances to Orion and his belt.

A very good (and quite difficult ) book is ' Hamlets Mill' , far deeper than Von Daniken and his latest sidekick Giorgio Tsoukalos.

• Hmm. Jungian psychology posits that many fantastical forms originate in the human subconscious.

Therefore it should follow that they will be found in similar forms in the myths and legends of many different earthly societies, widely separated in space and time.....

This of course raises the question of where did the subconscious draw them from?

Perhaps from the collective unconscious of mankind? But then that itself can be looked upon as a human racial memory....:reddevil:

• Aliens you say! 😉

Are we not all 'alien' to one another?

Increasingly so, perhaps, in these times of accelerated individuation!?

I'm not much of an historian but it seems that the sooner mankind(sic) embraces and includes the formerly alien(ated) the sooner humankind can evolve....

Kind of twee of me to write that in a way but it is oh so very sad that humankind cannot and will not progress quickly to a state of actualising the beauty of humanity.

The test of a religion (for example) would be whether or not its philosophy, once enacted, proves to be humane!

• What is off your rocker about teaching that Jesus was a spaceman anyway?

Only that it is an unsubstantiated claim piggybacked on another unsubstantiated claim. Yes, something on those lines could've happened, Space Christ, UFO Jesus, Alien messiah, the galactic saviour comes to earth for our good and ends up stapled. No way to dismiss such theory altogether and yes aliens are likely to exist... somewhere. But at the end of the day this story, if true, is with all probability just sci-fi running to rescue magical thinking for the purposes of reviving superstition, if not entirely fabricated . Now when making such thunderous claims the exhibition of evidence is in order and since there is none of that that we are aware of , putting a tale like that in the freaking school books requires QUITE. SOME NERVE. However I would be glad to discover that the Czech actually came up with this doctrine. I always enjoy poking fun at other countries, in a cheerful way of course lol

Salute, o Satana, / O ribellione,
    O forza vindice / De la ragione !

(G.Carducci)

The post was edited 1 time, last by cangaceiro ().

• But you are missing the obvious, my friend.

Does not putting the whole myth of Christianity in schoolbooks, without any evidence other than a collection of old writings that have been changed many times by many people over two thousand years, also require a lot of nerve? Yet they have been getting away with it since before the Middle Ages!

So to posit that Jesus was really a spaceman of some kind, in a country which officially had no religion, is only, as you say, a modern modification of an old myth. Possibly to keep the original myth alive as long as they could?

• You really need to formulate how capitalism is a Church, ZD:).

First, the God: That will be money, of course? Or is it power? Or land? Or wealth in general?

Or perhaps it has more than one god, which are all of these, and more? Mammon is wealth, and could include them all.

Then define the Places of Worship: The Banks? The Stock Exchanges? The huge supermarket chains? The fashion stores? What about those we cannot physically be present in, like Ebay and Amazon?

Then the creed: 'Spend, spend, spend' seems a good starter to curry favour with this god or gods.

And:

'Unto those that have much, more shall be given; but unto those that have fug all, even that little which they have shall be taken from them'.

A capitalist creed which also seems to get approval in other religious quarters.

• It might be laughable, but during the Soviet era in Eastern Europe, Czech children were taught - presumably in an attempt to give some logical credence to the New Testament - that Jesus was an alien who came here to spread the good word, and when it came time for the Ascension, it was a spaceship that came for him. I have even seen the children's book illustrations of the Ascension depicting this.

Please forgive my alcoholic induced stupid post

• Shame the Romans burned down the library at Alexandria, and some of the Dead Sea Scrolls were used as kindling and / or sold off to private collections for £££££s.

I was under the impression that Caesar didnt burn it down as the annexed museum is specifically mentioned in records as being unscathed, untouched by the fire. I thought it was done by the Christians, as it contained many records and proof that contradicted the lie that their frail 'religion' was trying to set as gospel

• I was under the impression that Caesar didnt burn it down as the annexed museum is specifically mentioned in records as being unscathed, untouched by the fire. I thought it was done by the Christians, as it contained many records and proof that contradicted the lie that their frail 'religion' was trying to set as gospel

And now I hear that many of the books are in the library at the Vatican, that they mention visitors from other worlds. Some people think that the acknowledgement of extra terrestrials creating or improving us will cause chaos among religious peoples, but it seems that the pope is okay with this information being disseminated, as the catholics have sort of extended god's portfolio by saying he created everything anyway (so therefore would have also created the aliens).

There's just so much we aren't being told.

• And now I hear that many of the books are in the library at the Vatican, that they mention visitors from other worlds. Some people think that the acknowledgement of extra terrestrials creating or improving us will cause chaos among religious peoples, but it seems that the pope is okay with this information being disseminated, as the catholics have sort of extended god's portfolio by saying he created everything anyway (so therefore would have also created the aliens).

There's just so much we aren't being told.

I pulled my post because I named the wrong disciple. But one gospel explicitly details how jesus was a reptilian and had been seen changing to and back from form.

That one didn't make the bible line up.

And Millie's post has made me sit up and pay attention.

Do divulge. Please. Really. Even if it's PM or I can send contact details to send the info.