Is this forum in the dust?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• This place is dead. How can we expect returning forum users or new comers to continue to log in on a regular basis, when no one can be arsed to post new threads or contribute by posting their views/thoughts to existing threads. We cried out for a place we could hang out, gather, meet up, chat, laugh, learn. It’s been hard work now for sometime. Use it or loose it!

• everyone on here had to do it, maybe it could be reviewed, but it did make new members post more. just post any old rubbish in the early days a lot of people posted all sorts.

Where did they all go, the old the young the mad the bad, one crzy member started a game where you had to pick a band or something that the last letter spelt the name of the next band posted or something like that, the avatar was funny, a young dude with a bong.

missed those crazy posts, i guess all those people will be snap chatting, wats apping or wahtever people do now.

• None of that is really addressing the problem though is it ? I could easily post 40 Pages of shite (and probably will ) but most forums nowadays you just need to post once or twice, to prove that you are a real person then your in !

I was responding to the OPs Question with my opinion ! I probably will stick around for a bit anyway If I feel some love :flowerpower:

• you dont make it any easier by insisting on a certain number of posts before one can access the full forum ?? so people post in the hello thread a couple o times then get fed up and move on

They were the rules when I joined. I think it stopped trolls just posting hateful shite and then disappearing. It also put some of us at ease, the drug squad generally revealed themselves before getting access to some areas, the likes of UKH gatherings thread. Paul is the one to ask about post count.
    It’s not about posting loads of shit either. It’s about variety and content. Folk log in and if nothing’s been posted, they don’t engage. Thing is, there’s so many individual personalities registered on here, most subjects, threads, posts are of interest to someone. Apathy, not wanting to be challenged. Scared of making a fool of oneself. The gods know, there’s an excuse for everything in the safe mode.

• How can we expect returning forum users or new comers to continue to log in on a regular basis, when no one can be arsed to post new threads or contribute by posting their views/thoughts to existing threads.

We can't.

The same people who complain about Facebook taking away their freedom, monitoring their privacy and so on, are the same people addicted to it.

Unless something changes in the world of social networking and mobile tech, then we'll just keep plodding along like a wheezing dog.

Remember the enthusiasm when I rebranded, and remember the enthusiasm when I returned us to UKH ... I have no idea what happened to that enthusiasm tbh, and I'm not gonna rebrand every few months just to generate some excitement :D

• It seems like just a few (the same) people posting all the time. I like the name 'UKHippy' but the last three people I have spoken to on hearing the name, one was like 'Huh, well then...' and the other two sneered. Perhaps this is good, it means that those who don't / can't / won't see further than the name are automatically self-excluded.

Classified Campers, IMHO didn't really give the flavour either, apologies Paul. It sounded more like the Caravan Club's forum for sales and wants.

As for new members not being able to post, Mallyboppa, I think if you make a contribution to running costs it speeds up the process.

• We can't.

The same people who complain about Facebook taking away their freedom, monitoring their privacy and so on, are the same people addicted to it.

Unless something changes in the world of social networking and mobile tech, then we'll just keep plodding along like a wheezing dog.

Remember the enthusiasm when I rebranded, and remember the enthusiasm when I returned us to UKH ... I have no idea what happened to that enthusiasm tbh, and I'm not gonna rebrand every few months just to generate some excitement :D

No more rebranding. We are what we are, the old adage “dogs resemble their owner”.
    The name won’t kill us and the drugs failed too.:D That’s it Paul, we just need to market “enthusiasm” the vaccine for all social media. :)

• i have not posted much lately and to be honest a lot of things posted dont interest me but i do like to click on to this site it has some nice people and ive met a few at Dove Dale but you cannot make people post all the bestist anyway

• I’ve commented on a few in the erogenous zone. I keep writing UK hippy on my hand to remind me. May ever get it tattooed there.
    Uumm what about advertising?
    Theres a lot more people going down the van conversion root since this virus took over and we’ve loads of posts about them. Is it not possible to advertise that part?

I’ll try mentioning the forum on more fb groups