A simple body wipe solution

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Been a bit of a bummer since the gyms were forced to close from a showering point of view.

I have a 12v shower, trug tub etc but anybody have a good cold water recipe for soaking a towel in for a good all over wipe wash that doesn't require the contents of a fully stocked apothecary.

Water + two simple and easily available ingredients max.

Not looking to remove mud just aftermath of long cycle rides.

• Washing up liquid and the very tiniest dash of bleach maybe?

Depends on your skin type. I tried it and it was OK but too much faff for me.

I can recommend sainsburys own (lightly scented) baby wipes and home bargains "towel size body wipes" when available.

Both are fairly juicy but do leave a bit of an aftersmell and are of course non environmentally friendly.

Keeps the smell down lowish and feels quite refreshing if you aren't used to being shower fresh....

I go with some of the under eye roller balls and eye area moisturisers for a bit more of an awake feeling.

Best of luck.

Bleach and w/up liquid is worth a punt if your skin can take it.

• Been a bit of a bummer since the gyms were forced to close from a showering point of view.

I have a 12v shower, trug tub etc but anybody have a good cold water recipe for soaking a towel in for a good all over wipe wash that doesn't require the contents of a fully stocked apothecary.

Water + two simple and easily available ingredients max.

Not looking to remove mud just aftermath of long cycle rides.

Another cyclist, hello. I strip wash, bowl in sink, hot water to hand, I stand on a big plastic lid covered with a towel. Body wash on with flannel, wipe off, rinse flannel, dump dirty water, clean water in bowl, rinse again using flannel. I use a recycled plastic container to pour water over my hair. Stand in bowl to wash my feet and shave my legs. I feel clean afterwards.

I have Superdrug baby wipes too (vegan friendly). After long mountain bike rides if too tired to wash me (always wash bike though) I have been known to do 'magic bed'...

For greasy hands any sort of body lotion or hand cream, rub in, wipe off with kitchen roll. It works and doesn't dry your skin like proprietary cleansers

Where do you like to ride?

• would Milton sterilising fluid. be a safer alternative to domestos? https://www.milton-tm.com/en/c…roducts/sterilising-fluid

mixing bleach with other chemicals could be hazardous -

Sodium hypochlorite is most often encountered as a pale greenish-yellow dilute solution commonly known as liquid bleach or simply bleach, a household chemical widely used (since the 18th century) as a disinfectant or a bleaching agent. The compound in solution is unstable and easily decomposes, liberating chlorine, which is the active principle of such products. Indeed, sodium hypochlorite is the oldest and still most important chlorine-based bleach.[7][8]

Its corrosive properties, common availability, and reaction products make it a significant safety risk. In particular, mixing liquid bleach with other cleaning products, such as acids or ammonia, may produce toxic fumes.[9]

:reddevil:

• Where do you like to ride?

Riding in London is a to b stuff but leisure is towpath and cycle way herts,essex,bucks. Generally do at least one 50/70 mile ride a week and a couple of multi day multi hundreds of miles trips each year hammocking along the way. It's great thinking time.

Would love to have a simple watery solution to soak whole towel in for complete wipe down without needing to rinse. Effectively a giant wet wipe.

Googled "magic bed" but just references to kids movie ?