Do black looters lives matter ?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Losingbaggage:-

It might be helpful and possibly even increase understanding if you share some examples of how your personal choices align with this viewpoint.

I, for one, can certainly find agreement with some of your sentences if I have correctly inferred meaning.

I do struggle though to believe that you would be in good shape stepping out into a world that did not ever offer charity and/or goodwill to strangers.

• Like most I have friends, acquaintances, associates who at one point were strangers to me and to acquire them, if that is the correct word, I likely offered goodwill possibly charity or even accepted it and am sure that will be a continued practice.

These people entered and became part of my tangible life and so to me they and their lives now matter, but not all uniformly equally, we all accord status to those in our circles by whatever criteria we use.

I have travelled and actually lived in vastly differing cultures but of the seven billion plus humans I have met a mere miniscule fraction of them with experiences from fabulous to dire. The vast,vast majority I am indifferent to, their lives do not matter to me except possibly to the point that there are many that I would prefer extinguished rather than let them continuously overbreed oblivious to the pressure especially on the available living resources and also oblivious to the well being of their own human neighbours as they compete to consume and acquire.

My viewpoint is far from unique but the simple fact is is I don't care, dwell on or have an interest in protecting the lives of the majority that I don't know or ever will know. To suggest that I should care about black lives or all lives is a western society construct probably derived from religions which still preach such things with much hippocracy attached, to maintain order for the main benefit of those giving the orders. Travel the so called third world and you will find swathes of people who don't give a shit about those outside their sometimes very small circle and some who truly want the demise of many others. Whilst poor or non existent education and plain old stupidity plays a part in this it would be wrong to rule out natural genetic protectionism an important and I think practical behaviour.

My beliefs weren't coerced into me, I thought them through and reached my own conclusions which I continue to evaluate depending on what I see and hear.

In the grand scheme of things, universe and all that, we are all insignificant. My ego doesn't get bruised by accepting that none of our lives matter.

• Travel the so called third world and you will find swathes of people who don't give a shit about those outside their sometimes very small circle and some who truly want the demise of many others. Whilst poor or non existent education and plain old stupidity plays a part in this it would be wrong to rule out natural genetic protectionism an important and I think practical behaviour.

You don't need to travel the Third World to meet people like that, mate! There are plenty of them on our estate alone, and from what I can gather, a fair proportion of the modern British public in general.

From a logical point of view, what you are explaining in your post is perfectly valid. The very question "Do any lives matter?" is so generalised that it means nothing without some kind of a qualifier.

And what is meant by 'Matter?' It usually means something under consideration, or something being dealt with. Here apparently it is being used to denote personal concern.

Any lives only really matter to a few people who are in some way involved with any of those lives.

For example, there is a bad air crash out East, and 200 people are killed, all Indonesian and Chinese. Do any of us give a damn? Those people's lives mattered to their relatives and friends as much as ours would, but that is all, that is as far as it goes.

If they had all been a bit closer to 'our' tribe, say Australians or Canadians, we might have given them a feeling of passing sympathy, but that is about all.

If they had been Brits we might have stopped and figured whether we had any friends or relatives abroad out that way at that time, but discovering we didn't, well, they get our sympathy, but that's about all.

Why? Because they do not matter to us, personally. We can all (I hope) know injustice when we see it, and respond accordingly, but to coin a generalised statement which logically means nothing is just a crowd-pulling slogan.

Cats' lives matter too, but only to those who know them.

• A customer made people watch this today i just heard it in the background, its raw and of course the right will think of it as empowering,

I personally think it kind of makes a point, for the working class and i point of getting working class together.

Whats your opinions.

• Its weird i want to in my media conditioned outlook condone it, but he never says anything racist, the only thing i feel from him is passion, guts, and a loud sod you to the media establishment.

however jsut wonder if theres right undertones.

i dont think there is his dialogue is smart he offends everyone to here his point to get his voice heard, a smart move.