Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• A real mystery here today..we live in a remote quite secure compound in literally the middle of nowhere..surrounded by fields,cottage next door,500yds away ish..last night was windy,when setting in bed we heard a tapping about 11.30,i went out as it sounded as if it was something against the van,tracked it down to a solar hanging lantern..shouts all this into uj in bed,so made a bit of noise..went in,thought no more..this afternoon i went round the back where im sorting out a bit of a garden to sit,and someone has been round the back,which is tree lined backing onto a field and found a lampiron i had round there to hang candle lamps on and used it to strip bark off a big old leylandii i think or some sort of fir..fuking fuming,why?how?who?..next time il be waiting ..il try and post pics

• Okay that is weird. Could the two things be unconnected? I mean the roadpin and the bark stripping? Could the bark and marks on the tree be a deer? They strip bark (although usually from smaller trees but still...) - if a bit got loose and an animal got caught in it, made a noise trying to get free, and stripped off more bark... is the bark still there anywhere?

Can't explain how the roadpin got moved though.

Is someone winding you up maybe?

• the lamp iron was left stuck in what i presume would be the next bit of bark...bark was thrown into the ditch next to the tree..there are stab marks on the other side of the tree about 5 odd feet high downwards,not loads but enough to notice as they re weeping sap..the stripping goes about 15 ft up the tree..its the why?its just too random..theres no sign of anyone coming in through the field next to us,no trod on crops or foot paths through grass or weeds..to find the lamp irons which were lent against the next tree you d need a torch.the rest of the yard has cameras and movement activater lights,none were on when i went out .we are literally in the wilds

• That is just a head mess. There’s no real use for the bark I know of. Only thing I can think is : often planting a screen of evergreen is a prerequisite of a planning consent. I’ve been asked before to clear fell blocks/screens of leylandiI/cupressus. Then then the real owner can be exempt from prosecution. , screens are gone and owner gets the view back.
    Could there be some contention between the site owners - site users or the planning dept? this won’t kill the tree out right, but could make for a dangerous tree and therefore (removal) Does someone want you out and you get the blame for the damage?

I would a set trip wire (fishing line) and a 12 volt light switch to a bulb in your van. Strange they kept out of the pir light sensor range (almost like they knew the layout)

• 'Tis a mortal strange story, Rainbomama!

Has anybody got a grudge against you and UJ being there? Like to trying to put the frighteners on?

A queer way of doing it, though, I must say.

If it goes on I'd be thinking of getting a big dog and letting him stay out at night.....

• That is just a head mess. There’s no real use for the bark I know of. Only thing I can think is : often planting a screen of evergreen is a prerequisite of a planning consent. I’ve been asked before to clear fell blocks/screens of leylandiI/cupressus. Then then the real owner can be exempt from prosecution. , screens are gone and owner gets the view back.
    Could there be some contention between the site owners - site users or the planning dept? this won’t kill the tree out right, but could make for a dangerous tree and therefore (removal) Does someone want you out and you get the blame for the damage?

I would a set trip wire (fishing line) and a 12 volt light switch to a bulb in your van. Strange they kept out of the pir light sensor range (almost like they knew the layout)

I told the owner straight away and he said it could be a couple of lads he let go,but why?its behind a container so if i hadnt seen it ,it would go un noticed for ever probably..we thought of someone against us,but hes too thick to get here and not got transport..lol..its the tree damage im pissed about..if they had a grudge with the owner,theres a yard full of vehicles to damage to have more effect on the business

• 'Tis a mortal strange story, Rainbomama!

Has anybody got a grudge against you and UJ being there? Like to trying to put the frighteners on?

A queer way of doing it, though, I must say.

If it goes on I'd be thinking of getting a big dog and letting him stay out at night.....

I dont think we ve annoyed anyone,not to go to the time,travel and trouble to get here..im miles worse than a dog when riled keith lol

• Very strange and weird.

People are mostly strange and weird. Not much anyone can do about that.

Camera surveillance seems to be the norm for solving these types of mysteries but is an unwelcome bother and expense.

Moving on becomes tiresome.

On the upside its not a particularly threatening action.

• They look like claw markings!
    a big bear was sharpening its claws on the tree which made the bark fall off,

Whilst doing this the bear knocked the hanging lantern, which is when you came outside, the bear saw you thought omg that’s that crazy woman all the bears are scared of and it ran away never to be seen again. :)

Whilst doing this the bear knocked the hanging lantern, which is when you came outside, the bear saw you thought omg that’s that crazy woman all the bears are scared of and it ran away never to be seen again. :)

WASN'T ME!!....🐻

Yup!definately all that 😁

• apparently zoo’s have been destroying some of the animals. Maybe they let a bear or gorilla free and that’s the culprit.

You re so on our wavelength,there is a new wildlife park about 15 miles away,uj said an animal,but i said only someting with hands...so gotta be a monkey or bear escaped😁

• only flattened grass/weeds,and the damade,no evidence of animal activities..even in the ditch,which is damp and i sank i it,no prints of any kind..or in the field of beans next door,no flattened crops..we ve heard or seen no more,the farmer said he d barb wire the gap,but not holding him to it,head like a sieve..i dont really want that as a view anyway..not worried about people gaining access, doubt it would be to inconvenience us anyway

• it was definitely a peopley thing rick,someones been up the field to the quarry area too snooping around,nicked a wheelbarrow that a group up there uses,but you know how remote we are,it just dont make sense ..our land ladys supposedly seem a big black cat round here,but shes seen dragons over the farm so not trusting that as a firm witness lol x

• Theres a load of roadworks round you with equipment left there, and a mate of mine rents a workshop about 4 miles away. Last couple of weeks there's been a suspicious flat bed transit hanging around, and he had 2 guys approach him about the shell of a car he has there..

Maybe connected?