british flag designed towel

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Almost in BBC misinformation fashion you omit in your comment the relevance of the day itself.

By your standard is it also acceptable to hang out to dry swastika emblazoned towels in UK on VE day even if due to ignorance rather than intent.

Maybe the stupidity level is a lot closer to yourself than you are aware of.

• thank you.

actually, i put this news to make people laugh, its not about politics.

the stupidity is here, a guy from iran comes to turkey, buys a british flag designed towel. he knows nothing about britain, maybe never been to england. he just buys a towel. like buying one with a holland flag or a jamaica flag. police arrested him, they think its a political propoganda, than they said it was just a towel. poor iranian guy. you know nothing about the stupidity of turkish state.

• Most likely the guy knew nothing about Turkish/British history, either.

Its funny but its sad too. Ignorance can get you into big troubles sometimes.

in iran, the opponents against the state love western culture. if you live there, you have to make a choice between islamic sharia or madonna. us flag, western pop culture is a way to riot. this guy bought that flag because of that.

• thank you.

actually, i put this news to make people laugh, its not about politics.

the stupidity is here, a guy from iran comes to turkey, buys a british flag designed towel. he knows nothing about britain, maybe never been to england. he just buys a towel. like buying one with a holland flag or a jamaica flag. police arrested him, they think its a political propoganda, than they said it was just a towel. poor iranian guy. you know nothing about the stupidity of turkish state.

Unless you know from some other source where in the linked article does it say the Iranian bought the towel there or anywhere else for that.

Who said they think it's political propaganda. More likely pandering to baying locals like idiot police here with their so called hate crimes.

Whilst it doesn't qualify me as an expert 2 years living in Istanbul more than 25 years ago and 4 months in Antalya in 2018 showed me that the Turkish state are no more stupid than the halfwits who represent the state here.

Whilst they may be more overtly corrupt which was handy for me they rarely stoop to the levels of sycophancy and cowardice seen in UK government.

Then to suggest Iranians use the US flag as a symbol of opposition shows your own stupidity. " This guy bought that flag (ceased to be a towel now) because of that". Your talking complete and utter shite.

I learnt a long time ago why Iranians refer to Turks as khar, and you are a classic example of it.

• yes, us flag and western culture are a way of rebellion iran, its the truth, i didnt invent it in my room.

wow so much hate about politics. if i write something political in a turkish forum, people will act the same. i think its universal. thats why i hate politics.

• Western culture is popular among the younger in Iran but the stars and stripes and the government it represents, not the people, is as detested as the current regime by the vast majority in opposition and almost universally stamped on and burnt by both sides.

There's no hate about politics. You made statements that did not correlate to the article you linked. At best you indulged in Chinese whispers vastly distorting that article in one telling or it's just plain old bullshit . I think the latter.

Having had an Iranian wife and living in Tehran and still spending a large part of my life with Iranians in London currently I base my views on actual observable information.

Maybe it's time to get out of your room and travel with your eyes and mind open.

• it’s the sort of thing me or my brother would do. Call us culturally stupid. But we only went there for the cheap package holiday on offer. It was there or Prague.
    Two pissheads from a village I was living in went on holiday to Turkey. They got into trouble for leaning out the hotel window and shouting “shut the f**k up” wailing at silly O’clock in a morning. They were soon made aware of their mistake and returned to the UK unharmed. No refund either.