The Firepit - Pop up Pub staff required

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• hello.....

is anybody there......?

i've just opened this Pop up Pub for the duration of the lockdown.

i am quite surprised at how quiet it is on here right now given that if you're anything like me, you're bored and a bit lonely and could use the interaction with people i trust and who make me laugh.

so i'll just open a tab for today, fill yer boots, we have cleverly concocted cocktails and some artisan ales and ciders and over 4 gins!!! (tonic is limited however but there is plenty of lemonade). some of the drinks may be vegan, you'd have to google it when you can get to somewhere with wi-fi)

there is a wide selection of crisps ( ready salted or cheese and onion), nuts (dry roasted) and pork scratchings (still in date, just, not vegan) and 2, yes 2 pickled eggs (not vegan) left in the jar.

for a limited time only you can pre-order meals to enjoy at the bar, choose from:

cheese and onion

corned beef and onion

ham (with or without onion)

egg (with or without onion)

onion (vegan option)

each served on a white cob with a sketchy covering of marg from Bookers, a side of crisps (choose from all of the available flavours) and a sachet of salad cream (disclaimer - not Heinz, not vegan)

this is also available as a take away via telephone order, please allow 24 hours notice, collection only, your meal will be wrapped in cling film for freshness.

i've put the juke box on free play, we have cards (dealer available for Texas Hold'em and Blackjack, please enquire directly with the dealer for special under the counter offers daily) and crib boards, dominoes, darts are available behind the bar if you have a certificate of fitness and i've unlocked the pool table.

24 hour open mic/jam sessions led by our very own resident muso DJ Marshy Marsh.

would customers please refrain from stealing the toilet paper.

no lockdown rules apply here, hell no rules apply here except be nice. anyone being not nice will be evicted and barred for life by our resident doorman, The Rogue.

don't mind Boris in the corner, he's ok so long as you don't poke him.

unlimited parking and toilets and showers, fires encouraged, no opening hours, dogs welcome.

so come on down for the biggest lockdown party ever!

(Ts and Cs apply, wi-fi not available, ID may or may not be required depending on who is serving you).

Management has the right of refusal and also to skip tracks on the jukebox which are deemed rubbish by a majority vote.

:flowerpower::flowerpower::flowerpower:

• Thank fook there’s a pub that allows dogs. Last pub made me sit in the beer garden with my dog. I understand they serve meals. But it was pissing it down with rain.
    I’ve had the real urge to get pissed a few days ago. Almost considered buying a carry out. I’ve no idea how to break this self imposed self hypnosis brain jail. 7 years in September and apart from a dozen or so fruit ciders, a few bottles of tequila. It’s just not happened man. A few years ago at the Barge Inn, I broke with convention. I bought a round in, putting a Guinness on the order for myself. Took the top inch out of the glass, before threatening to pour the thing into the cut. Thankfully a student friend reached out to grab it.

So here I am. What can you offer me. I’m desperate to be that drunken guy I liked so much. Can’t tell you how good it feels to be around folk again.

• Do you serve Perla? If so, nice and cold please!

Thank fook there’s a pub that allows dogs. Last pub made me sit in the beer garden with my dog.

Theres a pub near us that is nice to stop at after a good dog walk. I tied Ty to a picnic bench outside and went in for a pint and a bowl of water. Upon returning he and the bench were across the road and there was a worried looking cat sat up a tree...

• Do you serve Perla? If so, nice and cold please!

Theres a pub near us that is nice to stop at after a good dog walk. I tied Ty to a picnic bench outside and went in for a pint and a bowl of water. Upon returning he and the bench were across the road and there was a worried looking cat sat up a tree...

I tied my horse to a country pub post and rail fence. Went inside, pub was empty so I sat pondering a wonderful world enjoying g my Pint. I looked out across the carpark and there was my horse stretching to eat grass at the side of the carpark. He had a bay of fence hanging from his lead rope. I don’t remember finishing my pint. :)

• shit it’s messy around here, looks like someone had a good time. 10.30 am and the fire fairies haven’t been to clean up the debris. Ho well. I tried a bottle of Cobra last night. After opening the bottle at 8.50pm I was feeling it’s full effect by 12.15am. Then the coin dropped. Alcohol and fentanyl don’t mix....... well that’s not true. They mix very well, I slept like a ICU patient. Look there’s my bottle.... it’s still half full. Oh well time for another session. :D

• The Pm had it at all the meetings,,, oh wait that was the name of the meetings guess he got it wrong and got pissed instead.

The pub dog likes me as long as i have food.

Its times for dominos, the teams in it gets quite serious, there have been known old men to fall out and nearly fight over a game of dominos.

I ve heard tales of known cheats slide dominos up there sleeves and drop them on the floor seats etc, serious business...lol.

• dam trust you shes only trying to get more sales with "that" outfit.

I m off to the fire i cant concentrate tried to look at the spirit rack always end up looking in the wrong place sorry.

maybe ill talk about train spotting to the anorak in the corner

Yawn god iam bored, and old borris is chatting away nicely to the barmaid,

may as well go home.