Things you hate doing so keep putting off until you really really have to?​

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I think FWF hates folding up the washing too. I love attacking the piles of laundry folding up the clothes and making the place look tidier. Ironing, though, not so much. Any ironing I do happens twice a year at the most and is gig related.

My task of last resort ... the accounts books. I've just about completed the spreadsheet for last year's work which I started a couple of weeks ago.

• admin seems to have become my pet hate over the last 5 years. After running a Office, teams of volunteers, employees, assistants and general community group committees. I’ve had my fill. My admin storage/ filing away, is second to none. But blow me down those hiding places are getting harder to remember. So these days its admin. Emails, phone calls, letters, forms. I’m retired. Bugger it.

I don’t own a iron or ironing board. Only ironed for important meetings, funerals and weddings. I like a tidy space but being a hoarder, it’s got difficult to keep on top of dust suppression. My other pet hate is finding Xmas, birthday presents for special folk in my life. I find it stresses me out and very often I get it so wrong.

• Where do i start, hoovering, tidying, office work, quotes, bills I hate the very thing that helps me get paid, iam odd, (but when i do get it done i like looking at it coming in), cleaning the kitchen,

however, i light of recent events i did clean a bit and wash clothes/everything, the van is clean as a whistle, and it was bad, i washed hooevered and i disnefect fairly often the interior with a spray and cloth, the dump/yard/garden junk/scrap area is looking a bit better, ive tidied a bit put a garden shed up that ive had for years and was a freebie from a job, i ve planted potatoes in old split builders buckets, so i am a bit more positive.

will i ever get the garage tidied of scrap, dust, and disorganisation , ill prob find a gaziilion fittings in there but i open the door look in then shut it again, cursing perfusly at my laziness.

theres delivery notes bills (i hate n power) general crap i must sort but iam busy at work again, (working safe distance may i add) if not safe i play holy hell with customers.

Merchants are getting it sorted, phones, e mails, slots to pick up stuff, or you get stuff deliv, or they put outside for you at there depot when you arrive

its do able i fact if done right its safer than going to the shops.

Oh final thing i hate doing is setting up e mail crap, as well known i am a toe in luddite i still havent amazoned, (i dont like the owner) or e bayed or anything like that, to me it just doesnt seem secure enough.

I need to get a credit card, pay for stuff like that but i cant be bothered, i used to get by, by going to shops, or looking then gettgin a mate to buy for me, or just using stuff with a phone number on to ring to pay.

• having myself checked. i hate the doc and specially all the old people in a queue. they drive me bonkers. hospitals too. one time i was there and so psyched up that i was hearing booming sounds of heavy machinery and i was just about to ask someone if they were actually there or just in my mind - they actually were all from my head.

• I think FWF hates folding up the washing too. I love attacking the piles of laundry folding up the clothes and making the place look tidier. Ironing, though, not so much. Any ironing I do happens twice a year at the most and is gig related.

My task of last resort ... the accounts books. I've just about completed the spreadsheet for last year's work which I started a couple of weeks ago.

umm an iron.... what’s one of them? Yeah I don’t like that either.

• but thanks for the kick up the arris, i've had Henry out for a drag around and mopped and cleaned the bathroom so now i feel a bit smug

:whistle:

I’ve got hetty just because she’s pink :D I don’t mind hoovering, my dogs hate it and try biting the end which I find quite amusing and Chase them with it.

• having myself checked. i hate the doc and specially all the old people in a queue. they drive me bonkers. hospitals too. one time i was there and so psyched up that i was hearing booming sounds of heavy machinery and i was just about to ask someone if they were actually there or just in my mind - they actually were all from my head.

Yeah I feel like I’m wasting people’s time. It’s like ringing 111 and then asking if the patient is bleeding, breathing and awake and I’m like erm maybe People have it worse off.
    voices in your head? You get used to them :D

• voices in your head? You get used to them :D

well, not actual voices... I used to have spontaneous hallucinations upon waking up since i was a child but so far no voices telling me things. maybe in the future i could graduate to the voices lol... anyway i think these noises were just the effect of skyrocketing blood pressure due to stress, when i was 20 and a fitness junkie I used to run until i dropped dead in the mid of italian torrid summer heat and then i could hear sounds of cymbals in my ears out of mere exhaustion. but voices, telling me actual stuff... that would be a real TREAT lol !

• I feel like kicking my house hard, just been struggling on the roof to get the excess moss off and clean the gutters before I paint the walls.

All the time the van is sitting there grinning and saying, 'come on now, the road's there and the ferry is running, let's go!'.

At 73 I shouldn't be doing this, I want to roam, roam, roam. Bloody covid keeping me here.

• today it was free for all so i zipped out in my worst trousers and tried to get as far and deep into the bushes and as muddy as possible lol. I almost fell in the river and annoyed a couple snakes and when it started to rain I considered to ignore that and get wet. but it was starting to get dark too ;)

• today it was free for all so i zipped out in my worst trousers and tried to get as far and deep into the bushes and as muddy as possible lol. I almost fell in the river and annoyed a couple snakes and when it started to rain I considered to ignore that and get wet. but it was starting to get dark too ;)

Sounds like you had fun! Not sure about the snakes though

• I don't chase people who owes me money. I've given in the thousands to people who was in need. Never asked back. Maybe because I'm a communist or because I'm unknowingly a muslim. I find very vulgar to ask for money back. Those who paid me back , I regard them as fine gentlemen. Those who didn't, my judgement upon them is suspended. It is one of the very few things that make me feel proud of myself.

• You are a wealthy gentleman, Sir!

I am in full agreement about giving. When we give, we expect no return, because we are giving.

But when we lend, it is usually to someone we regard as being capable of paying back, in due course.

A gentleman's word is his honour, and to pay back a loan is an honourable thing.

So if I take a loan, I expect to pay it back, and if I give a loan, I expect that to be paid back, too.

Otherwise the lender gets no more from me, and may even get blacklisted.

The only exceptions, so far as I am concerned, are certain relatives....