The Self isolation help group

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I ve gone over kill on posting sorry. i am in self iso, iam feeling better, hopefully no more coughing or wire wool lungs.

So here s the virtual campfire pull up a safe distance lets have a chat,

Negtives

at the moment, its taking away the things that keep me sane in life, going to work and having a cuppa with dad on a sunday, its actually making me sad, lots of thoughts, i want to see dad on a sunday, and the sheepdog and hug it . and lots of negative thoughts run through my head what of dad got ill and i didnt see him.

Plus dads a nightmare on the phone as he s deaf as a post, so mum generally takes phone calls

Missing mums sunday roasts and a chat
    to mum even though she usually ignores me, and like being a help on the farm when i am needed

i arnt to bothered about the pub but hope they all can get through this

Positives

I m forced to get bills done, tidy the house, if you can call that a positive.

So if your self isolating or wondering if you should, if you can self iso if you have any symptoms please because that going to work ill guilt is paining me.

Id also advise stay where you are dont move to get away from it all that would only spread it further.

So lets talk on here, share a little or a lot maybe photos of views, things your doing (even though i cant do that because iam usless)

Oh sod it lets have a digital hug :bighug:

• Someone I went shopping with last night has developed a fever -- so I guess I'm now in the lockdown club!

I think they have an anxiety induced cold though, as they're sniffling rather than coughing -- so gonna check in over the next couple of days and see how they turn out. :/

• I think they have an anxiety induced cold though, as they're sniffling rather than coughing -- so gonna check in over the next couple of days and see how they turn out. :/

There are a lot of the sniffly snufflies around Paul. I've had them on and off since Christmas as well as the worst cold I've had in over a decade which lasted nearly a fornight. But no harm in being cautious if you've been in contact.

I can't exactly go into isolation as I live with my son, his partner and grandson. But I've been put under house arrest by my son and absolutely forbidden to go out except for walks across the fields opposite our house for excercise or to get eggs from next doors egg box. Stay safe guys.

• In a split personality i am going to try to keep this thread lighter.

Yesterday on the plus side i managed to set up online banking, spent ages on the phone to the bank they made a cock up so it took two hours to sort, the first man was very impatient and cocked things up and thought i was slow even told me to finish setting up on my own but i was polite to him and he sounded sniffley so he may have been ill who knows.

The second lass was brilliant was patient i said i am sorry iam a bit slow, i asked how she was was she coping ok she was concerned about her gran i wished her well said she was brilliant thanked her perfuseley she said thank you.

so a plus my banking is online something ive wanted to do for ages never had the time, ive always been to busy i checked who paid me by bacs and i was pleased instead of relying on magic or waiting for statements which never seemed to come.

Also i am not going to apply for any allowances unless it can be done later, at the moment i am solvent i dont want to claim when others need it more i am not greedy.

It would be good if i could sort of register myself as off work so if things hit the fan i could get by on benefits if i had nothing.

But id rather leave benefit money for those who really need it.

• I am not a gamer but i quite like this game, i imagine instead of killing tanks and soldiers i am killing a viruses. I especially like it when the tank has a flame thrower on it.

If anyone is a gamer maybe put a few links on here i havent a clue how to do it, just new i could play this game through firefox which lets adobe let you play it and its free.

Image result for tank attack game

• how do you get rid of the bloody planes

Have a wetter cough if that makes any sense and a slight temp, still feel better but its kind of mental ie i feel i am winning but i always think it lurks,

this is the stage id go to work or shops but i am fighting the urge,

Id describe it maybe like the phoney war in the second world war. people thought they were ok it wasnt going to happen but then they got hit.

I sometimes feel a fraud attention seeker maybe its a seasonal virus or a cold the not knowing drives you insane, the vans filthy but i darnt go and clean it for fear of someone coming to talk to me at close range, or putting bugs into the environment, i ve a fear of my house being a total biohazard, how do you clean all clothes then not put germs on what your cleaning again, boil all your clothes i can hang things out but if i have to tumble dry would that spread a virus through the house.

If i have it id describe the not knowing the self iso and symptoms and fear of the unknown as a physical and mental battle, it is weird though unlike i guess a bad or depressive day you are fighting something physical.

If i can offer advice i say be mentally string as well i am sure that helps ie dont give up

• There are a lot of the sniffly snufflies around Paul. I've had them on and off since Christmas as well as the worst cold I've had in over a decade which lasted nearly a fornight. But no harm in being cautious if you've been in contact.

I can't exactly go into isolation as I live with my son, his partner and grandson. But I've been put under house arrest by my son and absolutely forbidden to go out except for walks across the fields opposite our house for excercise or to get eggs from next doors egg box. Stay safe guys.

IF YOU are a 'suspect' and have been put into self isolation then EVERYONE in the house should be self isolating too.....otherwise whats the sense!

• anti aircraft guns ???

Worked that out, its a bit annoying, so i get my misile launchers place them stragically and buy them as the threat becomes greater then at the right point i buy the anti aircraft gun, then i ve found i can sell some of the misile launchers and buy the nuclear silo, its all timing bloody annoying to be honest its very simular to whats going on at the moment. uncanny

• got a text off a customer, whos informed me some taps have arrived, i ve informed i am self iso.

I hope he doesnt want me to change and fit some in a property of his, two elderly people are staying there to get away from this virus, there staying there for at least 4 weeks.

I now feel i have a duty of care, also what if i knowingly or unknowlingly infect people. imagine if in years to come things get legal, they cant possibly but just imagine, i have no idea how long you can carry the virus in on or on your clothing.

I am going to point blank refuse to change and fit those taps if those elderly people are in there, sod it.

• Just pm d a nurse lass i knew at school on fb wishing her well as there waiting for the bomb to drop in hospitals shes tough her kids are going with her other half to stay at there sisters. i guess that makes sense if shes on the front line she could spread it to them.

If ever there was time to re think what we think of healthcare it will come after all this.

• Good of your friend to make such a personal sacrifice & be away from her loved ones for the protection of others. Hope she knows she's appreciated...👍😀

I pm d her just to state we all are behind them now, (litterally) she s been told theres going to be a lot of very very sick people there not really sure what to do its unknown there going to make mistakes like under pressure trying to do a new job correct first time.

I may have mentioned about self iso to her, gave symptoms, aparantly they were on the mark apart from the runnny nose that shouldnt happen she said it sould start with a dry cough and a sore throat but the fibre glass itchy lungs sounded like i had it aparently.

I think shame on me and everyone for starting to loose faith in the nhs.

and i felt bad last week mixed messages herd immunity so like a tit i was at work with a mask on, i hope and pray everyone i have worked with and worked for last week dont get ill because of me.

• Worked that out, its a bit annoying, so i get my misile launchers place them stragically and buy them as the threat becomes greater then at the right point i buy the anti aircraft gun, then i ve found i can sell some of the misile launchers and buy the nuclear silo, its all timing bloody annoying to be honest its very simular to whats going on at the moment. uncanny

dont get the AA gun till needed , then just the one placed in the middle , buy more as needed (tells you whats coming next).. , selling stuff back is bad , you need walls , nukes , gloo guns etc ....as I said it killed hours lol , I only play on hardest level and if a single one gets through before level 12 or so I tend to

restart . completed it a few times but only once with all 10 lives , good luck !!

• Post by Prepper ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Post by Prepper ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • ... how do you clean all clothes then not put germs on what your cleaning again, boil all your clothes i can hang things out but if i have to tumble dry would that spread a virus through the house ...

I'm not medically trained, but from my research the outside of the virus is broken down when you use ordinary soap. The virus itself cannot then find its way into your respiratory system. It is also not able to tolerate temperatures at a normal washing machine temperature of 40º. If you're specially concerned do it all on 60º. By the time your clothes get hung up there won't be any active virus left.

I've just received this message from a GP friend:

"Please please observe government advice to the letter. Keep your distance from everyone not just those with a cough or fever. Stay home if you can. Wash hands regularly and thoroughly. Get changed as soon as you get home and put your clothes in the wash, preferably at 60 degrees.

And definitely stay away from elderly people."