Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Someone I know tells me she never cries, I find this hard to believe, isn't it something everyone does? She also comes across as trying to be tough and won't let anyone help her.

So do you cry and do you think it's a normal human reaction to something?

• I only cry for onions and cold winds. Nothing about being tough,its just I tend to rationalise things and look for the positives. My eyes welled up when I had to put down cockney as that was a powerful new experience to me,though all my positive training kicked in and told me to celebrate him and the great life he had :-)

Death of someone is as natural as birth and the end of relationship means it has run its course.

Did have a few tears on my cheek when John peel passed !!

Nowt wrong with crying though and for some people I think that it is the best release of too many pent up emotions.

Each to their own !!

• Crying is just a natural emotional release, I guess.

Sometimes I have hugged somebody who is going through a bad emotional patch, and I have found myself crying with them. A kind of empathy for them and their situation I suppose.

Not very 'Monly', but there you are.

Other times with people I dislike I can be as cold as glass, and don't give a monkey's for them. If they vanished from the Earth it wouldn't bother me none.

I put these extremes down to an Anglo-Irish background.....:whistle:

• Yep I cry when the emotion arises, it is a natural human response. It can be in sadness and hurt and I have been known to cry in utter happiness. It is a pressiure release valve and when things have really got on top and have felt I hot a briock wall and it's all gone dark inside which has happened then crying is a reaction to release pent up angst, dark doom and sadness. It really does make a dofference, the same as going out into an open space amd screaming and shouting at the sky. Humans have these emotions for a reason. By not letting these emotions flood when things get in top or sadness hits then the pent up energy remains contained in the body, this can be classed as negative energy and holding onto negative emotions or repressing the flow of these emotions that make a person cry is not very good for the overall well being and believe it or not it puts a strain on the body, brain and the organs and it can create long term dis-ease. when it does happen and I have a good bawl, then honestly the physical feeling afterwards is like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I feel much better with more clarity to look at the situation rationally to then be able to move on rather than wade through a load of emotions without having a release and keep that roll of emotions bottled up, keeping it bottled isnt good for a bod, trust me on that one. I have seen it make and keep people bitter and quick to raise an anger.

So your freind Lightbringer, acting the tough and not accepting help, I bet your bottom dollar she will have repressed sadness and hurt from child hood, or a previous relationship/s or something that happened on her life that she hasnt dealt with and kept it contained and buried in a box within her that she wont look into and deal with emotionally, people like this will get all defensive, upset, annoyed or angry if anyone tries to approach her about it. I know people like this and it is an all too common pattern thats easy to spot when you understand about these things. Deep repressed emotions have serious negative effects in a person and the traits are lack of emotions, anger, depression, alcohol, substance, people abuse, a constant stream of faling relationships and lacks of self esteem. I've also come across people who are like this when they are in denial about their sexuality. How do I know all this, cause I've been there. I got lucky and managed to reprogram myself to become who I am today. But go steady Lightb ringer, if you care for your freind asnd feel you want to help, you do have to be gentle and careful if you start approaching someone regarding sensitive stuff like this, especially if they have suffered abuse in the past and havent dealt with it emotionally.

• Yep I cry when the emotion arises, it is a natural human response. It can be in sadness and hurt and I have been known to cry in utter happiness. It is a pressiure release valve and when things have really got on top and have felt I hot a briock wall and it's all gone dark inside which has happened then crying is a reaction to release pent up angst, dark doom and sadness. It really does make a dofference, the same as going out into an open space amd screaming and shouting at the sky. Humans have these emotions for a reason. By not letting these emotions flood when things get in top or sadness hits then the pent up energy remains contained in the body, this can be classed as negative energy and holding onto negative emotions or repressing the flow of these emotions that make a person cry is not very good for the overall well being and believe it or not it puts a strain on the body, brain and the organs and it can create long term dis-ease. when it does happen and I have a good bawl, then honestly the physical feeling afterwards is like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I feel much better with more clarity to look at the situation rationally to then be able to move on rather than wade through a load of emotions without having a release and keep that roll of emotions bottled up, keeping it bottled isnt good for a bod, trust me on that one. I have seen it make and keep people bitter and quick to raise an anger.

So your freind Lightbringer, acting the tough and not accepting help, I bet your bottom dollar she will have repressed sadness and hurt from child hood, or a previous relationship/s or something that happened on her life that she hasnt dealt with and kept it contained and buried in a box within her that she wont look into and deal with emotionally, people like this will get all defensive, upset, annoyed or angry if anyone tries to approach her about it. I know people like this and it is an all too common pattern thats easy to spot when you understand about these things. Deep repressed emotions have serious negative effects in a person and the traits are lack of emotions, anger, depression, alcohol, substance, people abuse, a constant stream of faling relationships and lacks of self esteem. I've also come across people who are like this when they are in denial about their sexuality. How do I know all this, cause I've been there. I got lucky and managed to reprogram myself to become who I am today. But go steady Lightb ringer, if you care for your freind asnd feel you want to help, you do have to be gentle and careful if you start approaching someone regarding sensitive stuff like this, especially if they have suffered abuse in the past and havent dealt with it emotionally.

Well I know her partner isn't the nicest man on the planet :( she's always stressed and snaps really easily and she never stops.

I think one day she will snap big time and totally lose it.

I cry really easily, I end up with pent up angry/stress etc. I've even watch films just to make me cry for a release.

• I find I can easily well up at hearing/dealing with a close friends death. Try as I might to keep it in/together. I find the emotional loss to be very powerful and the sadness overwhelming. Sadness/loss of a loved one is a personal Journey.
    I wouldn’t want to be without my already limited emotional range, and believe it’s balanced for who I am.

Nothing wrong with your friends attitude, if that’s her tool kit.

• I COULD sometimes cry at the emptiness within my soul !

Then fill it up hun with everything you love xx

I do sometimes got a very hard ache in my chest and throat when watching a sad film and even recently watching ET for the first time in years,there was the ache again when the poor little alian crittur was all white in the ditch !!

I bet some of you sensitive lot shed a tear for him !!

• Blimey do I cry? I cry at books, kids, good things, bad things, when I'm trying to give a speech or talk about past happenings or experiences in my life as a special needs teacher, I'm hopeless! I even cried halfway through my wedding speech.

My wife and I have agreed that neither of us will try and give a eulogy for the other cos we will be in bits.

• Excecising emotions we know we have happen like cryig is good for a soul to let them exist, repressing them isnt good. I can feel the differece in me if I can feel a blub rising and I refuse to let it happen, it makes the feelings of sadness or doom grow stronger.

• I ve been known to cry my eyes out several occasions, but i try to hold it back, mainly trying not to cry at funerals dam funerals always get me a bit misty eyed while trying not to cry as the old ones never seem to.

• bambi waterrship down

Well up up over anything bit embarrassing really

Like a lot of things older i have got less i care. Almost happy to show my feelings now

Was a bit hard in early years being bought up in the only girls cry times

Nice to hear .you are back by the way lighty

• I don't cry enough.

I locked the tears down in my late childhood and early teens but had previously been a time to time Cryer.

Locking the tears away became about saving face in those times and mostly my stupid brain overrides tears.

I've had some impressive and full on bawls as a late teen and adult but not nearly enough. And occasionally I still squeeze out a very few minor tears in private.

I think crying is a way to release emotion and stress overload.

Better to cry when your sadness tank is 60% full than bottle it up and explode uncontrollably at 95% imo.

I'm envious of the more proficient criers and am 100% in support of crying as a healthy and sensible release.