You should take action if:
- You have been to mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau and have symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath within 2 weeks of returning; or
- You have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of coronavirus, even if you feel entirely well.
If either of the above apply to you:
- Stay indoors and avoid all possible contact with other people.
- In England and Wales ring 111 (or your GP if in Northern Ireland)
- In Scotland, ring your GP during opening hours and 111 (NHS24) out of hours and advise them of your recent travel or contact.
- In Northern Ireland, please ring the coronavirus 24/7 helpline on 0300 200 7885 and advise them of your recent travel or contact.
- Follow their advice and do not leave your home until you been given advice by a clinician.
- Do not use a taxi or public transport if you are advised to go to hospital.
- Do not visit your GP - they do not have facilities in place to isolate you and prevent transmission of the infection to others.