Trumps view on Climate change

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I know it's not cool to wish some fckr dead but he is an exception. He's slimy enough to beat impeachment and we will be trading with the orange twunt.

• greta4.jpg

Greta has my respect and folks are listening to her and believing but she may be too late to make a difference with wankers like trump spreading his poison.

Just wondering if someone is crowdfunding to hire an assassin. :whistle:

• Greta has my respect and folks are listening to her and believing but she may be too late to make a difference with wankers like trump spreading his poison.

There’s campaigning and there’s scaremongering. We have thousands of children throughout this world who now believe they will not grow up to reach adulthood.
    The world might end in twelve years, but it won’t be due to climate change. A realistic timetable for making “some changes” is sensible and achievable. As yet No one is against addressing CO2 emissions and reducing pollution. Planting more trees, reducing deforestation and creating a more sustainable world and reducing dependence on fossil fuel when that time is upon us..

BUT

Total restructuring of society on the timescale Greta or AOC propose ain’t going to happen anytime soon. Fk me if we can’t get a ageing hippy who might believe all that is “climate change crisis” to give up fossil fuel like yesturday, then why should the rest.

If you think that what is shouted from the mouths of activists like Greta isn’t just “plausible” but factual and guaranteed. Then you should be hanging up your van keys today.

I’m not a climate change denier, I’m a climate scaremonger’er denier.

We have a habit of using whatever/whoever reinforces or supports our agenda. If that’s a 16year old with a desire to save the world. Then great a Joan of Arcadia “willing accomplice .”

:calmdown:

• No, can't agree with that.

I think she's doing as much as she can to raise awareness in young people, and hopefully it is succeeding.

Like us in the 60's and the 'Ban the Bomb' and 'End the Vietnam War' protests.

They never used the Bomb, although they got pretty damn close, and eventually they pulled out of Vietnam, too. Whether our protests did anything practical to help might be questionable, but they did help raise awareness, and let the older generation who ran the world know how we felt.

Every generation of young people deserves to be heard, and there's nothing in climate change to suggest that the world is ending anytime soon.

Unlike us back in the 60's, who faced the possibility of nuclear war daily in some periods, and at crisis point were shaking hands on Friday night at work, wondering whether there would be a Monday morning....

As for asking for too quick a solution, I'd agree with you there. But if you are dealing with an adversary on that scale, you've got to ask for lots more than you think you'll get.

• Donald is a cartoon duck and trump is a fart, Can anyone take someone with that name seriously !!!!!

I hear that the orange men in Ireland have a bit of respect for him though :-o

• Every generation of young people deserves to be heard, and there's nothing in climate change to suggest that the world is ending anytime soon.

They didn’t ban the bombs though. Eventually our leaders got scared and between themselves tried to limit the spread of nuclear capability around the world, resulting the in tensions we are still dealing with today. The nuclear weapons threat hasn’t gone away. If anything it’s just as unpredictable now as it was in the Cold War with out the imminent threat stage. Now we have increased widespread potential risk of deliberate nuclear detonation or dirty bombs due to many factors. The war in Vietnam was a turning point with televised conflict. However 30 years on watching cruise missiles navigating city streets holds no more shock factor than soldiers jumping out of Huey’s in Vietnam under fire.

CND just faded away from mainstream media, but did it really achieve anything?

And to my point ~ It was widely promoted in the early summer months through social media and even in some national media interviews, (I saw/heard it myself) where it was said by scaremongers (something like this) “at the rate we are going and unless address climate change immediately, we will all be dead in twelve years due to climate change

Few have underscored the threat more than student climate activist Greta Thunberg and Green New Deal sponsor Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The latter said, “The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m…ge-is-wrong/#47c6ebf312d6

School teachers and child services ‘equivalent’ spokespersons were claiming an increase in children were now undergoing counselling due to claims they may soon die or not live long

enough to have their own children because of climate change claims.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m…mate-change/#1f8d9ee17806

• So, a few people are scared? That's tough, sometimes you have to live with scary thoughts in your time, just like we did. We didn't get counseling, we tried to do something about it, and I guess we lived for the day, because there might not be a tomorrow, is all.

Every generation has some real or imagined threat to face, you only need to look back through the recent history of the last few hundred years.

Let's face it, you don't have to look far into the science of climate change to see that the quotes you link to are vastly over-exaggerated. Anybody conversant with the internet today - and most kids are - knows that you got to look at several sides of a story and suss out for yourself what is fake news, and what is gross exaggeration, and what is nearer the truth.

It's good to see something is being done, if only to raise awareness. But whether it will make much difference to the way the world is run, is another matter entirely. The Yanks got out of Vietnam, but they soon found themselves another war or two to get involved in. There is a theory (?) that the American economy is built on war, and ever since the 2nd WW finished they've constantly gotten themselves into one 'little' war after another, either theirs or somebody else's wars.

As for the Bomb, the big powers dared not use it once they found out it would bring on an Ice Age, or at least a massive spread of glaciation, particularly across the Northern hemisphere. In addition to fallout radiation dust gradually killing all the mammals off in short order.

But now that quite a number of shitty little countries also have nuclear weapons capability, I'd agree the problem is worse, because even a very limited nuclear war would have unforeseen consequences for the Earth biosphere.

• Yeh old keith a few kids got scared. Except the woke kids are more active, more “connected” than the few anti war, anti bomb, love, peace and animal free lipstick campaigners of our generation. Millions of Scared kids tools of scaremongers.
    Kids on social media are widespread and for the few who spoke up to get some sort of counselling, many, many more kids don't/didn’t have considerate parents/teachers etc to reasure these kids, that it’s just bullshit spouted by unknowledgeable scaremongering copycat climate change crisis activists.

Those “quotes” are just pulled from a quick search while typing that post (reason for any quote found being) “I just didn’t believe you hadn’t yourself heard the 12 years scare stories pushed out last summer.” Even in your world. Probably due to me watching BBC TV news when I got the chance I know.:)

Has for a few people being scared. I agree it’s yin and yang. Piers Corbyn and Jeremy Corbyn both scary depending which side of the fence or issue :D

• Yes, I'd agree Piers Morgan is a bit of a rum chap to watch and hear.

Perhaps not quite so considered in manner as his brother:), but interesting nonetheless.

Have you seen his weather page?

It's particularly, ah, good:D.

I can't quite see how you equate the scariness of climate change stories - tall tales - with the reality of the threat of an imminent atomic war. If you believe the worst of climate change tall stories, you've still got 12 years. If you saw the Yanks and the Russians going head-to-head over Cuban missiles back then in the 60's, you felt you might not even get to the weekend....:reddevil:

• . If you saw the Yanks and the Russians going head-to-head over Cuban missiles back then in the 60's, you felt you might not even get to the weekend....:reddevil:

oldkeith 1967 I can clearly remember me, my little sister in white vest and pants sat on my mother’s knees. My older brother (your age) sat alongside. My mother was telling us that we may all die soon as a result of a nuclear strike. My brother had had the same speech a few years earlier over the Cuban missile crisis. We have had the threat of all out nuclear war over our heads all our lives. (Not one rogue nuclear missile in over half a century.) IRA mainland bombing threats for a large part of that life too.

Once a child gets the image in their head, it’s hard to believe that planting more trees while the world burns or is washed away will save them.
    if a parent hits a child often enough, the child will associate that with love, or is that just another perverse way of saying it’s ok to hurt kids mentally or physically needlessly.

The 12year (scare) went around the world and I bet very few children with access to social media weren’t exposed to the lie. But it’s done now, all in the name of propaganda progress.

• RT the one thing that has filled me with fear was listening to nuke warnings, the wail after the clicks then the codeword then silence. It never happened beyond that so just think yourself lucky you were just a kid in those times.

If the hope of planting trees is a solution then grab it with both hands, there's nothing to lose is there and every normal peep loves to hug a tree, try it you'll be surprised.

• I dont think theres any doubt climate change is happening,who or what is responsible is debatable but theres no doubt we are adding adversely to it by our polluting actions.

The Earth doesnt have a consistent climate for long periods,it never has. Its had periods of warmth greater tham today and periods of cold and periods of moderate temperature.Its unrealistic of humans to expect our relatively stable climate of the past 100 yrs to continue.

We keep being told we have 12 yrs before runaway heating disaster occurs from.greenhouse gases but its also coincidentally in 12 years the end of the 25th solar cycle and the start of solar grand minimum,part of the normal predictable solar cycle.

Grand solar minimum has normally preceeded a period of extreme colder climate. The last one preceeded the 4 centuries of cold winters known as the little ice age from 1400s to 1850,the coldest being from 1600's

We may be heading for a much colder period with extreme cold winters,extreme summer weather events and summer droughts not at all like the scenario we are being fed presently.

Rather than argue over who caused what and by how much and whether its true or not we should accept that geological and human history has already proved these cycles exist and we are heading into another and we should start preparing for it while we can.

• The theory behind that is perfectly logical and comes from a possible rapid ingress into the Atlantic basin of fresh water from melted ice from the Greenland ice shelf diluting the salinity of the ocean and disrupting the North Atlantic conveyor current.. The ice is melting far faster than ever predicted so maybe the theory will come true. We would be experiencing long Canadian style winters if it did wouldnt that be a change.The country grinds to a halt at the slightest cover of snow.

We are seeing more extreme weather because of extra energy pumped into the atmosphere from warming seas and solar/space radiation hitting the Earth because of major weakening of the magnetosphere. The jet stream and polar vortex are becoming less predictable and more variable so we are going to continue with more extreme storm events and crazy weather globally.

For us where we are situated its likely to mean more violent damaging storms,maybe serious tornadoes,major floodings,long summer droughts very warm winters or very severe winters,all of those things are going to cause disruption and loss of property and life.

We cant stop any of it happening but we can prepare for those possibilities if we're smart.

By preparing that means all of us as individuals,not just sitting back expecting Government agencies to bail us out.This country its ordinary able bodied population has become pretty hopeless at responding to disaster and sits in expectation that someone else should come help them.

• The big problem with this world is its full of manufactured bullshit from both right and left and facts are hard to check,the propaganda machinery is too slick and relentless. You cant trust western mainstream media and alternatives are dominated by propaganda disseminators from left and right and various religious and corporate lobbyists and agendas.

I tend to watch Arabic or Russian news outlets more these days because youre more likely to get more of the truth than anything we're exposed to from media manufacturers here.

Thunberg has been a target since she stepped into the limelight, last year it was a load of fake news that snopes discredited. If it were not her it would be some other climate speaker theyd be crawling all over with character assassination.

The internet has become so riddled with poisonous fake content producers that if Jesus Christ was born again hed be smeared and be made as toxic as George Soros before he was even in diapers.

Its depressing that with all their obvious media talent all they can do is manufacture shit to wind people up and cause hate and division.Youtube has given a legion of toxic nobody's a voice and opportunity to make money for churning out garbage.

Anyone who gains any public celebrity no matter how minor attracts an army of bitter trolls trying to take them down and destroy their lives.

The moon landings never happened, the elite are lizard aliens,the royal family and the knights templar control the world. Theres already a ton of conspiracy shite about the Corona virus and the Georgia Guidestones

Meanwhile ive got better things to do with my time,giving up the internet is moving up the 'to do' list.

• Couldn't agree more mate. The internet especially is responsible for so much that is wrong in the world in my opinion. When I was a boy & computers were just a flight of fancy the world was a fuckin massive place & you hadn't got a chance of seeing most of it. Now its all there in front of you at the push of a button. The whole world, in all its toxic glory , available to all both young & old!

Add to this the evil manipulations of advertising/news reporting execs & the only possible outcome is negative.

My boy is 15 now & he laughs like fuck when I tell him about a world without this shit, where people actually went out & spoke to each other & earned a living outdoors or in factories making goods. He can't understand that life was so different just 40 years ago!

And this, my friends is called fucking progress!

Mankind will not destroy the planet, mankind will only destroy itself....😕

• Yes NRT. The world is full of propaganda. Journalisms has been sold down the river from high up management to sponsorship persuasion. However, often censorship can’t be maintained.
    I get my news from various sources, inc Russian outlets which are often to the point with a whole different spin on a issue.

Question.? Was Gretna actually on school strike on the day she was discovered by the world renowned climate activists that day?
    Answer. It’s a special school Gretna frequented. With a open door policy for it’s pupils. They can have days off when they feel “unwell, not up to it” Gretna apparently didn’t like Fridays.

So encouraging the worlds school kids to strike when Gretna wasn’t actually on strike - stinks.

This whole thing looks like a climate crisis extinction PLC scam. Don’t dig in to it. Be dismissive, call it fake news. No problem. It will all come out in the wash. But fucking with “kids” heads. Don’t sit well wI me. :(

• Couldn't agree more mate. The internet especially is responsible for so much that is wrong in the world in my opinion. When I was a boy & computers were just a flight of fancy the world was a fuckin massive place & you hadn't got a chance of seeing most of it. Now its all there in front of you at the push of a button. The whole world, in all its toxic glory , available to all both young & old!

Add to this the evil manipulations of advertising/news reporting execs & the only possible outcome is negative.

My boy is 15 now & he laughs like fuck when I tell him about a world without this shit, where people actually went out & spoke to each other & earned a living outdoors or in factories making goods. He can't understand that life was so different just 40 years ago!

And this, my friends is called fucking progress!

Mankind will not destroy the planet, mankind will only destroy itself....😕

But we “don’t have to tune in” Just use the Internet for the good stuff. It’s really only my interest and the relative ease of availability that I bother reading/watching the news. If my friends didn’t have a tv, I wouldn’t get to see the news. If I didn’t get internet signal I wouldn’t read the news. I live alone, remote and very often isolated. 3/4 of the week I might briefly speak to just one other person 3 times a day max in real life. I choose to look behind the bullshit, because like has been said. We are all getting the spin. Do nothing and it gets done their way. Take notice, Stand up, take action and well “We get a Brexit”.

• But we “don’t have to tune in” Just use the Internet for the good stuff. It’s really only my interest and the relative ease of availability that I bother reading/watching the news. If my friends didn’t have a tv, I wouldn’t get to see the news. If I didn’t get internet signal I wouldn’t read the news. I live alone, remote and very often isolated. 3/4 of the week I might briefly speak to just one other person 3 times a day max in real life. I choose to look behind the bullshit, because like has been said. We are all getting the spin. Do nothing and it gets done their way. Take notice, Stand up, take action and well “We get a Brexit”.

Agreed, we don't have to buy in, & apart from a few forums & ebay, I very much avoid the whole technology highway wherever possible. Problem is if you need to use a bank account or pay bills etc, its getting harder to avoid. Even tho I manage to keep it all at arms length, my boy has grown up in a world where its all "essential" to everyday life. He doesn't understand why its bad to have 10 million "friends" on facebook 99% of which he's never met, or why its not a good idea to share personal information with these friends. His generation are told constantly that the whole world wants to know what he had for breakfast etc. They post about drugs etc with not a 2nd thought that they are breaking the law, only interested in showing the world their stash, or the big doobie they just rolled/smoked olive on line. Makes me feel sick thinking of how negative the world is now, & it will only get worse cos its out of control, as you say censorship is out the window....

• Unless the masses shake off the conditioning they've been subject to for the last couple of century's at least there'll be no meaningfull change.

I can't see the above happening so best hope is pandemic or some such to cull the complacent drones in the urban areas which will remove corporate power. Those possessed of common sense in rural areas will have a fair chance of weathering such an outcome and maybe breed a new and improved human in round 2 of what currently appears to be humans vs earth.

Long odds but the current crop of supposed leaders have long since proved themselves not up to the job.

• The internet is just another tool. We can abuse any tool and if we aren’t lucky, these tools can bite back. I see the internet as a great benefit to myself and my kids at the moment.
    When I was 7 years old, all our possession were sold off or packed into shipping creates for the long sail to Australia. We were told we wouldn’t be going to school again, but would have to sit in front of a radio at home and our schoolteacher would conduct our lessons via the radio set. Technology has its place. Both my kids are home schooled now and the internet is a wonderful tool regard access to learning. I’ve not found a place for myself on facebook and suchlike and Im generally a very private person. I had six months away from this forum and found Im at peace with myself no matter how involved I am.

I’m just as likely to drop out again as I see more and more of my time spent online. If it helps me to understand the world around me (because it’s certainly not the world I grew up in) and It’s beneficial to myself and others, then I’m in. Simply Just bouncing stuff off you lot helps shape my views.

In reality my life will end all too soon. I would love to see what the future world looks like, what discoveries, achievements, marvels are in store. Science fascinates me and seeing what’s at the bottom of our deepest oceans or lingering in darkest space, the stuff our ancestors could only dream of, the internet goes along way to making this possible.

Sharing stuff that accelerates my learning curve is worth my time and effort. I can look at the internet negatively, just like I can political parties, governments or ideologies. I trust those appointed to manage my world, but refuse to turn a blind eye to bullshit and those perpetrating hidden agendas through mainstream media lies need calling out. I will gladly give out T shirts in the future to some of you lot with “You told me so” printed on the front. I value your views and opinions even if I don’t agree with them sometimes and it comes via the internet.

• I think that the net is a very handy thing indeed and it has helped me meet you ugly shower,got me work,given me solutions for problems,told me the weather,got me bargains and out of tight spots to name but a few,and not forgetting all the great music I have got to know through youtube.

I do not see any of the crap on it,because I only use it for the things that I want from it and never look around for anything else other than my needs.

I hear that there is vast amounts of shite on it,but in my reality that shite is only there if you click on it.

If the internet is doing your head in,then you will find that it is actually yourself doing your head in as you are in complete control of what you see.

At least it works that way for me :-)