Virginia gun rally

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Some good ol boys expressing the retarded amercian ideal of bearing arms marching down the street playing soldiers..............

_110581546_mediaitem110578435.jpg

virginia-gun-rally.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=1200

To me they are sad little fcks with low IQ and part of the reason so many school kids are getting wasted all supported by their little orange god, trump or have I got it wrong and we should all dress like female orifices.

I do like Ned tho on this one

• 39,000 gun deaths per year 2017, of which 6 out of 10 suicide. Sure the US is much safer with right to bear arms. Almost 400 million unregistered firearms...beggars belief they dont think they have a problem. Im not against gun ownership,im against irresponsible gun ownership. Both Canada and Switzerland have high gun ownership levels but not a fraction of gun incidents.Its definitely some mental attitude fuck up in the US.Its not right to bear arms,its the right to blow away anyone you feel like blowing away at the time.

But not my country so they can do as they see fit.

Im more concerned about the 43,000 knife crimes here last year and the fact 300 people died from knife attacks and its going up year on year.

We seem to have a similar blinkered view on the need to carry weapons for personal protection.

• Distrust of armed police may be making it more likely that some people carry guns....

However, the good ol' boys above would be pretty likely to be carrying 'em anyway.

I was told there are States in the US where it is okay to shoot anyone so long as they trespassing on on your property. So you got to hit them right there before they git over your yard fence. If they hang wounded on the fence, drag 'em off and let 'em die inside your yard, you're okay. If they git over the fence and die on the other side, you could be facing an homicide charge.

Rum country, America....

• Those states that allow you to use deadly force in defence of yourself or property from armed intruders also allow you to use deadly force to defend your neighbours property from armed intruders or prevent looted goods being removed from that property. Which seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Not sure about the "kill em all let god sort em out" mentality of a large number of americans, but definitely believe every man has a right to defend what is his. If someone breaks into your property with malicious intent, that person should then forego any legal rights they had to protection by the law...

• I think you should at the very least be allowed reasonable force comparable with that used or threatened against you.

I get sick of this country and the attitude if you resist any criminal activity or fight back and inadvertently hurt the criminal youre going to jail.

• I agree that one must do what one needs to do to defend home and family,but would not go as far as saying that guns would be a good idea for this as too many screwed up people are getting their hands on guns that people are apparently keep for this purpose,though when you see some of the arms that americans keep you instantly know that it is something a bit more than protection.

Surely a stun gun or a taser would be a far more intelligent thing to have so the person could still bring down the attacker yet not risk their psychotic teenager get their hands on a weapon where they could blow away half their classmates. It would be bad enough if they tasered them,but at least the high majority would live,though even being tasered or stun gunned can cause death.

I keep a pick axe handle just inside my door,but hidden away in the above cab part of the van where I can access it quickly if the need ever arises,though I sincerely hope that it never does,for both me and you guys.

When I was in the mountains of southern california I met some seriously fucked up red necks who were happy to show off their collection of arms and I seriously doubt that any of them would of passed a bill of health in a mental health test !!

Ban the bomb , ban the gun !!

• If they need pistols or hunting rifles thats up to them. NO ONE needs an assault rifle or automatic rifle except someone employed full time in the military or police. We are lucky that Hungerford and Dunblane brought about gun laws thst stopped the stupdity you see in the US.

• If they need pistols or hunting rifles thats up to them. NO ONE needs an assault rifle or automatic rifle except someone employed full time in the military or police. We are lucky that Hungerford and Dunblane brought about gun laws thst stopped the stupdity you see in the US.

And even then,the rules and regs must be much stricter than they are now !!

I can appreciate that no one can go out hunting with a stun gun, but then again I do not like hunting !!

• Gun licensing in the UK has been tightened down a lot under anti-terrorism laws. Its very strict even for ex services like me.If you dont comply with any of the regulations you lose your license. In Scotland theyre even cracking down on low power air weapons.

Youre not allowed to hunt in this country with bows or crossbows only hunting rifles and where you can use them safely is limited. No civilian is allowed to possess a pistol except low power air or CO2 gas pistol.

• I know that living over there you guys see more of the crap than I do , but what Cris has said there is definately something great about britain. ummm,I feel a thread coming on :-)

• Interestingly, an old computer customer of mine used to visit America at least once or twice a year, and was also a bit of a gun freak. He told me that those States that had the gun laws about defending your property, also had the way lowest amount of burglaries recorded every year. Whether that included unsuccessful burglaries I don't know....:reddevil:

• My sister was in Oklahoma a few years back. Her son was on a uni student exchange for a year. She says the scariest thing she's ever done was shop in Walmart. They have a whole section given over to guns of all kinds. My sister has nerves of steel but she said she was extremely nervous. Buy a pack of cereal and put an assault rifle in the trolley next to it. Insane!

• Thats true enough. I went in a wallmart just outside LA and we are not talking about an isle of arms,but enough to fill up a fairly large shop on their own.

Not just guns either,but just about anything one can imagine that could hurt,destroy or kill , then there is everything needed to defend yourself against all of that,it really is quite something to see !!

• Fuckin outrageous. Hunting equipment yes, maybe even a handgun for the fucked up self protecting yanks, but why in fucks name does any civilian person need to buy or even have access to automatic assault rifles? What the fuck is wrong with people?....:wall::wall::wall:

• regarding owning a automatic assault riffle like those on display during the rally and in Walmart. When it comes down to self defence and or defence of property. You need to consider a offender might not be alone and he/she/ them, may all be armed and there is usually really only one of you armed and ready to react, excluding possibly your wife and kids. Holding a automatic (assault) riffle gives you the advantage. They are also very reliable and a deterrent in their own right.

I would own one if allowed.

NRT states 39,000 gun deaths per year 2017. While 10,000 deaths on average are caused by DUI every year.

• regarding owning a automatic assault riffle like those on display during the rally and in Walmart. When it comes down to self defence and or defence of property. You need to consider a offender might not be alone and he/she/ them, may all be armed and there is usually really only one of you armed and ready to react, excluding possibly your wife and kids. Holding a automatic (assault) riffle gives you the advantage. They are also very reliable and a deterrent in their own right.

I would own one if allowed.

NRT states 39,000 gun deaths per year 2017. While 10,000 deaths on average are caused by DUI every year.

Maybe the DUI figures alongside gun deaths demonstrates the cavalier attitude to law and the cheapness of life they have over there.Overwhelmingly American attitude is to settle all confrontation and disputes with guns. Its an attitude we seem to be acquiring here and knives.

As far as im aware no American household has been faced with multiple armed raiders to the level that requires an assault rifle. Mexico yes,America no.Assault rifles are not the weapon of choice in close combat.

End of the day the power of the gun lobby in the US is not about personal liberty or gun rights its primarily about money and the arms industry desire to make it. The right to open carry in some states makes people feel more unsafe if survey on opinion are anything to go by.

Who wants to live in a society where you and your family can only feel safe if youve a half dozen weapons with you at all times.

To do away with mental health and background checks as has been pushed for by the gun lobby is just beyond logical.

• I agree NRT. If gang home invasion was already a large problem, Congress would be promoting gun ownership and the right to protect and defend themselves at all costs.

Americans don’t want to live in a country where only the bad cops guys and Police are armed.
    Let’s look at a now unlikely senario Trump fails to win election. 2020. Dems take back power. The leftists > AOC crew drops all or borders. Try to buy a gun at Walmart when the SHTF.

MS13 are/were a force to be recon with. No borders > mass influx of hostile gang members and returning fugitives.
    11 months to take the most gun populated Country in the world into anarchy for the masses. Home invasions would be the least of the governments problems.

The rednecks are already preparing for civil war over proposed gun confiscation and state control/interference. The US is a Tinderbox on a unprecedented scale.

It’s not really about the NRA (gun lobby) personal liberty or money. It’s about longterm control. It’s about Agenda 21 (sustainable development) that Bill Clinton signed upto.

• Tinderbox is right, a nation at war with everyone, itself and its neighbours, still stuck in its frontier pioneer anarchic history.

My friend in Oregon who is 55 and I always considered a level headed church going person,has become so convinced shes under attack from what she sees daily on Fox that shes bought two automatic handguns and a hunting rifle and paid for a full on extreme prepping course. Shes also constantly telling me i live in a war zone comparable to Kabul what she sees about Britain. Propaganda is a wonderful tool.

• As a fairly responsible 40 something I can't fathom much sense in governments taking rights away from those who have proven to respect a live and let live philosophy.

The remit of government is to effect some kind of democracy in the sharing of resources.

High crime rates tend to reflect inadequate resource sharing.

In the UK I see no reason why I should not be permitted to carry weapons with which to protect myself against those who would threaten my liberty.

However it would be preferable that the state would realise a level of resource sharing that would significantly reduce the incidence of such threats to liberty.

• Prosperous economies with equal wealth equity and opportunity generally have low crime rates and enhanced sense of personal security and contentment .

But you cant dominate a political system without creating or manipulating fear,unequal equity disparity and hopelessness. Its essential for driving social control laws,breaking social cohesion, pushing social coercion policies ,installing a highly armed police system and citizen surveillance and punitive justice system.

• As you said ''As a fairly responsible 40 something' but it means jackshit when you have a meltdown for whatever reason or some other 40 something is a total prat and has a weapon. Unless you're trained in whatever you carry there's always the potential for it to go tits up and when someone better disarms you and uses your own weapon on yourself it's going to be embarrassingly painful.

The only real answer is no weapon at all and a system which sevely punishes those who transgress, something that we don't have. 5 yrs no parole for carrying a blade without legal cause, 15 no parole for a firearm would see an end.

As a kid I carried a primary chain in case the one on my bike broke when I had to pass through a real shit area to visit a girlfriend. Never used it as I was left alone because of my size but at that time cut-throats and flick knives were in use as well as knuckle dusters. The in-thing at the dances was two stanley knife blades taped together, a traveller favourite and easy to conceal.

Although carried weapons were seldom used back then, it was fists and boots.

We don't need weapons in public now or shouldn't do. In your own dwelling be it bricks or a truck then that's different IMO, that's home and private.

• If youre carrying a weapon then the implication is youre already mentally primed and prepared to use it.

Most civilians arent properly trained how to use guns or prepared for how rapidly the dynamics can change. Its why so many people in the US not routinely used to weapons,have bought them feeling theyll make them feel safe but then get killed over relatively minor confrontations.Far too many accidental deaths in the owners home too.

Arming everyone isnt the answer,it just escalates any confrontation to a potentially lethal one very quickly.

If people are concerned for their own safety here theyd be better off taking up self defence classes than carrying weapons. In Israel,krav maga self defence is mandatory part of mandatory conscription.

• Apparently some US states have a "stand your ground" law which means that the threatened individual is not required to try running away before killing an assailant.

I get that the world peace would be more achievable if people didn't feel the need to assault others and threaten liberty.... In the meantime I'd rather take a firearm to a gunfight and at least have a chance of shooting an assailant.

Protection of House or home is not the only issue that concerns Pro gun lobbyists. Amongst other moral concerns held is the freedom to go about one's lawful business/enterprise/hobby outside of the home whilst carrying a means of defense against potential assailants.

If one is peaceful and confronted by some knob who wants to get all violent and life threatening and ruin your enjoyment of the outdoors then the decent thing all round is to put a couple of bullets in their badass.

Of course a couple of rounds might not put an attacker down which is why pro gunners want high capacity firearms.

• Maybe worthwhile talking to them first though :flowerpower:

• To try to run away is surely giving an assailant an advantage? At least, this is what we were always taught in martial arts training. Surely we aren't asked by law to try to run away before turning around and whacking him with the poker?

'Get in the first deadly blow' is what you are taught in the military, from what I gather from discussions with military men.

Of course, if the burglar isn't armed at all (pretty unlikely), then you can calmly sit down with him on the business end of your Kalashnikov, and get him to tell you his interesting story.....