The Orange fool

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Putins parents were devout athiests which also became dogmatic as a kind of religion in russia, with rules and non aceptance of differant opinions, Putin himself has become almost devout as russian orthatdox christianity, it sells well in russia and is binding russia together with strong family values right and wrong so make of that not really any leaders who arnt religous

• Exactly,those who love holding centre stage demanding submission all hold nuclear weapons and commit atrocities like killing hundreds of thousands of collateral civilians,incarnation of alleged terrorists without trial in Guantanamo for a decade after prior rendering and waterboarding in black ops prisons around the globe.

Trump didnt take out S hes just a useful idiot of the Pentagon and way out of his depth.

At least with Iran and its principal actors we know what we're dealing with.Putin is a professional hes KGB.

Trump is no hero hes a dummy...that makes him dangerous.

• I did say thank fook not every religious loon has nukes. Not that there’s anything wrong with nukes like. :reddevil:

Trump isn’t a hero. in this instance he’s the daddy who drove a nail in and I haven’,t woke up sporting hideously painful blisters today or been told to switch off the machine “it’s prayer time.” Because people before Trump prevented certain Counties from developing nuclear capabilities. :wag:

• As i said before, everyone knows what theyre dealing with in Iran and its principle players and with Putin and Assad.

Trump hasnt a clue what hes doing,and hes removed many of the long standing experts on the ME in the US,from their posts.

Thats exactly what makes him dangerous.

• I find it hard to believe that some random hippies seem to think they are more clued up about affairs of Iraq and Iran than the President of America and his personal advisers collectively.

He has sacked lots of staff that he simply doesn’t trust or are swamp mutants more interested in feathering their own nests or helping the Democrats. The mind boggles. :whistle:

• The vast majority of his special advisors hes sacked are Republican Pentagon and DoD hawks who know considerably more about the world than a half ass amoral womanising dummy running numerous successive businesses into bankruptcy.

Far from draining the swamp hes created a bigger one,but of course he'll get re-elected because his legion of amoeboid followers think hes a hero for firing a few missiles at Iran.

I agree,the mind boggles.

Its worth bearing in mind that most people elected into political office have no better understanding of world affairs or economics or history than 'a random bunch of hippies'. Its often the case that random people in the street have a better understanding of economics and history than most politicians and their advisors.

Political office is mostly luck of the draw and or who you know. Dominic Cummings being a prime example of unelected political advisor and sociopath who is or seems to be setting government policy.

Its also worth bearing mind that most of us dont identify as hippies and that many of us have backgrounds education or experience beyond just being "random hippies". Not really sure if you intend that term to diss the members here but thats how it comes across.

Trump is an opportunist and a scammer. He said years ago if he ever ran for President hed run as a Republican because Republican voters are all as dumb as fuck and believe anything.

Trump is no chess player though.

Hes good at getting himself into things but no good at managing or long-term strategy.Every one who tries to advance his goals he frustrates their efforts and sacks them. Sooner or later the Republicans will give up on him once hes no longer their useful idiot.

End of the day we are all just people,of whom some climb to high office whether deserving of it or not.

Im happy being a "random hippy".

Maybe if we had a better standard of political leaders we wouldnt all spend decades of our lives living in fear of war or terrorist attack or even jobless poverty.

• now I realise your just a hippy angry at the world Trump. Do you think all this gathered intelligence and policy shaping information that’s been taking place over the last 40 years wasn’t written down in multitudes of reports, consultations and information sharing amongst departments, debated and scrutinised, but instead kept in the heads of the individuals whom have worked for the White House over the years? There has been/are teams of colleagues who’s job is to look to the past, work with the present to predict their future. Even piss poor businesses in the UK take stock of business information and make sure if a employee leaves, is sacked, it’s not the end of the business, just a change to the dynamics. Sure the rhetoric of the Dems and Trump haters will feed into and off your views, but really. Don’t think for a minute you have your finger on their button. Just saying. :whistle:

• Nope wrong,you assume you think you know me and my background which you've no possible understanding of.

Of course the US foreign policy and its historical context are enshrined in various state departments reports and assessments over many decades so form a template of how best to deal with what ever that country faces in a consistent manner irrespective of administration but contrary to his legions of his own experts opinion and advice hes gone off on unbelievable random tangents and left his experts to sort out the resulting mess hes left in the room.He conducts his policy by random unintelligible populist twitter rambles and rants.Hes become the Republicans own elephant in the room.

Far from making America great again hes made it a laughing stock diplomatically and in foreign policy and allowed foreign powers to exploit the shambles and weakness he projects.

Im not nterested whether you or anyine else agree or not about my opinion, its a forum for sharing opinion and discussing stuff thats all.

Historians will have decades to forensically dissect the wisdom of the Trump years.

• I agree, neither of us know anything about any of us including Trump office and that’s my point. Opinions and that’s all they are. Problem is Trump isn’t going it alone, He delegates to those he trusts and those respected in their own field. Although a very calculating person, He’s probably flying by the seat of his pants on many issues, same goes for leaders around the world.
    How many of these “so called experts” he fired, removed from office, didn’t employ or stand against him. Who have gone on to publicly ridiculed his decisions and actions, only to then be proved wrong? Economy, foreign affairs, border security, defence etc.

If it wasn’t for the fact so many folk (like me) simply hate “the man” we would be talking about the remarkable achievements in office he successfully pulled off. All in the face of hostility at home and abroad. The real difference with Trump is “he isn’t their puppet.””

He comes across a total jerk at times on Twitter etc. But he chooses to sideswipe the swampy shithole media system we “the public” have allowed to prosper and control narratives.

There’s plenty Who believe he has/is making America great again and that’s what counts. Look at the shambles our own leaders are responsible for making Britain a laughing. Stock.

• "Experts" ,what a misnomer for the majority of such twats.

Maybe one day there'll be a genuine expert who can conclusively show how small a percentage of these trough lickers actually have a real grasp of the subjects they pontificate on.

Opportunists having waffled their way into an overpaid position is what they mostly are.

You'd get no worse information at the bookies, probably better.

• "Experts" ,what a misnomer for the majority of such twats.

Maybe one day there'll be a genuine expert who can conclusively show how small a percentage of these trough lickers actually have a real grasp of the subjects they pontificate on.

We can say that about anyone and everyone. Just considering the amalgamation of climate change scientists who are too afraid to publicly display any personal doubt in their own collective data. Like sheep, and keeping shtum to avoid public/corporate ridicule or keep their job.

Bullshit baffles brains, but acting on the advice of bullshitters doesn’t make the economy great or sort out the many positive improvements the Trump admin has pushed through in his 3 years.

Iran was a tinderbox since 1979 and every US president since have tiptoed on the advice of their experts council. Did it work?

Don’t get me wrong, I think Trump stirred up the hornets nest this last drone assassination. But it was heading that way. Only a matter of time in my view. Saving grace from potentially a US <> Iran war, was the commercial airliner accidentally shot down. This I believe is the sole reason for the deescalation on behalf of Iran.
    If Hillary had been in Trumps seat, a war with a Iran would have taken its toll on both sides by now.

Iran needs a gas pipeline through Syria and so does the Saudis. America were playing their part in regime change in Syria long before Trump got elected. Obama just paid off Iran (possibly) in order to fulfil a promise to Saudi Arabia to clear the way for Saudi gas flow.
    Of course this is just speculation on my part, and I’m sure the “experts” know better. :pp

• Excellent essay from Maurice Glasman on Unherd titled - How Trump handed victory to Qasem Soleimani -

https://unherd.com/2020/01/how…ctory-to-qasem-soleimani/

I was was worried when reading this when you posted it.
    internal rejection from a homegrown movement can carry long lasting weight, even when the cost is so high in young lives.

Looks like there’s hope yet.

BBC Iran. Reporting.

In one apparently symbolic act rejecting state propaganda, video showed students taking care not to walk over US and Israeli flags painted on the ground at Shahid Beheshti university in Tehran.

In some social media clips, protesters can be heard chanting anti-government slogans, including: "They are lying that our enemy is America, our enemy is right here." Many of the protesters are women.

Social media footage showed clapping and chanting protesters in Tehran's Azadi Square. BBC Persian says there has been a crackdown there by security forces, with tear gas fired.

The semi-official Fars news agency said up to 1,000 people were protesting at various points in the capital.

Protests were also reported in other cities.

• It's democracy trying to get free but as in a lot of countries those in power are afraid of it. Subjugation through fake religious brainwashing will take many decades to eradicate if ever.

• It's democracy trying to get free but as in a lot of countries those in power are afraid of it. Subjugation through fake religious brainwashing will take many decades to eradicate if ever.

I’m not going to call it democracy Wulfie. We are supposed to be living in a democratic union and look how we had to fight the last 3 years. Thankfully we can now say it turned out democratically in the U.K. Others will argue that.
    For many protesting in Iraq, Iran it’s a fight for freedom without punishment and trying to taste democracy with strings attached.

Access to the internet and world travel has also played a part in shaping Iran/Iraq. They watch on social media yellow vests in France taking teargas rounds every weekend, yet the French have freedoms Persians can only aspire to.
    It was similar here and in the USA back in the early 50’s. Except religion was a given and the old guard (our own grandfathers) didn’t like Longhair. Loud music and motorbikes or coloureds Youth doesn’t go away and can take some stick. Killing 600 protesters thankfully will only spur on more protesters to take up the fight.

It seems the human race fights for a future steered by popular demand.

I watched three documentaries last night about PM Thatcher. How like Trump she was hated by so many common folk and yet changed the Country we live in and the people steering the Country. Watching The battle of Orgreave and how the Police welcome picketing miners, told then where to park their cars and stand. Far more police officers than ever before. Who Corralled the striking miners, then sent in horse cavalry to injure those men fighting for their jobs and communities.

• https://edition.cnn.com/2020/0…mpound-baghdad/index.html

Not much said on the recent rocket attack on the Baghdad US embassy, one injured and nothing on the news........................ just wondering what the orange chimp will do next for payback.

Sanctions and more support raising from Iraq and around the world no doubt.

I don’t know about the one cell trump brain, but the cell count must be in his favour since he wipes the floor with most world leaders and their think tank at 5D chess. :whistle:

• Sanctions and more support raising from Iraq and around the world no doubt.

I don’t know about the one cell trump brain, but the cell count must be in his favour since he wipes the floor with most world leaders and their think tank at 5D chess. :whistle:

Is 5D Chess a euphemism for being a complet twunt

• Is President Trump going to start a nuclear war? I wonder. He reportedly said as a response to a question on climate change that America had the best air quality it had ever had, and pooh-poohed the idea of climate change. As he seems to only believe what he thinks or hopes does he think that a nuke dropped - anywhere really - will not affect the Americas? And does he believe there will be no retaliation? I grew up in the shadow of the threat of nuclear war, it was a very real prospect - so much so the government released films and pamphlets telling us what to do Protect and Survive. And now near the end of my life am I again living in the shadow of the threat of nuclear war? I don't know. I just wish the US and UK would leave other countries alone to sort themselves out without bloody meddling all the time.

As an aside: how many ecobricks + trips to the shops by bicycle rather than car = offset one military aircraft journey or one military aircraft journey + one nuke?

• Is President Trump going to start a nuclear war? I wonder. He reportedly said as a response to a question on climate change that America had the best air quality it had ever had, and pooh-poohed the idea of climate change. As he seems to only believe what he thinks or hopes does he think that a nuke dropped - anywhere really - will not affect the Americas? And does he believe there will be no retaliation? I grew up in the shadow of the threat of nuclear war, it was a very real prospect - so much so the government released films and pamphlets telling us what to do Protect and Survive. And now near the end of my life am I again living in the shadow of the threat of nuclear war? I don't know. I just wish the US and UK would leave other countries alone to sort themselves out without bloody meddling all the time.

As an aside: how many ecobricks + trips to the shops by bicycle rather than car = offset one military aircraft journey or one military aircraft journey + one nuke?

There is every chance Trump will start a new war with Iran or Korea including most of the Muslim world.

You seem to hit the nail on the head. He doesn’t just think that climate change is not mainly caused by human factors, or believe the many who claim it to be so. He believes and we all know that a persons belief is often hard to shake. He is capable of rationalising the climate change crisis argument, and probably considers the major fluctuations in the worlds climate to be predominantly of a natural, cyclical nature and although CO2 levels are recording the highest for x years (since accurate/comprehensive records began and ice core analysis data) CO2 levels have been higher long before mankind came along and the advent of the modern industrialisation of the world. A belief (his) which contrary to popular views/reports/statistics/predictions/scientific models and propaganda has otherwise not been disproved in his view. It’s just a matter of time, one way or the other.

If a mature/responsible person is capable of believing in one god, then that same strength of belief might become unshakeable when considering the natural fluctuations that have/are and will continue to occur with the earths climates. From one Ice age to another, it will become hotter in between, as sure as god is his witness.

If Trump didn’t think believe America would suffer from be effected from radiation fallout political or environmental pollution or retaliatory aggression at home or abroad. He would have been encouraged to strike with possibly limited nuclear warheads at Iranian/Syrian/anystan sticking their chin out during his 3 year presidency, just going on the mindset of the war mongering US defence department and “old school” congress he campaigned to run.

However Strategic nuclear strikes on rouge nations doesn’t automatically result in a world war and if conducted with the support of NATO inc most of the Muslim world. It is possible that only limited airborne and oceanic radioactive pollution would pose a risk to other Countries/continents inc USA.
    He is aware that should some rogue nations become nuclear capable. There is a very real threat that America and Israel would be effected at home and or abroad. This could be why he is trying sanctions drone assassinations as a peaceful alternative.

No idea how many bicycle rides to the shops to offset a warmed up fighter jet or a returning bomber....

But if your using a conventional cotton carrier bag to bring your shopping home instead of the 5p classic plastic carrier bag. You would have to reuse it 52 times to have same climate change impacts as a classic plastic bag and 7,100 reuses would be necessary to have same cumulative environmental impact (water use, energy use, etc.) as a classic plastic carrier bag.

Kinda puts these celebrities flying around the world to climate conferences in their personal jets into perspective.