New years not so honourable honours list

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I do feel this is a total crock of shit as it's always shite ass crap so called entertainers and so the called glitterati famous, they seem to get them for just being what is deemed as famous, I just dont get what the modern phenomema of famous is about and folk get all hyped up like, Oh I met such and such, they are famous, so fucking what. Seems like famous is a job description more than anything else these days like Elton John got read out with some honour today, I fail to see how thats worthy, what is the point of Elton John, can play a piano, so can millions of others, big deal, apart from his tunes are utter shite, people actually buy the albums and listen to that crap,

The one that did get my hackles up that got read out on the radio clip I heard today , Ian Duncan Smith, the bald fat cunt in a suit, the man who bought in universal credits of which has consequently fucked up many peoples lives as its many times as hard again to get the help and benefits they really need has got a fucking knight hood today, seriously what the fuck is that about.

• the first one to hit me was that knob ids hes a fecking twat

Too right, got a knight hood FFS, thats like honouring him for creating major flaws and problems in social welfare, twat, and some female high court judge got made a dame, cant remember her name but she had some major fuck ups last year.

• It's time the dishonours list was scrapped. There are a few worthy peeps given MBEs and OBEs for outstanding community work but ffs how does some tv cooks who's on mega salary qualify. Anybody can be put forward for an award BUT it's the fn wheeltappers and shunters who flop out one tit and show one leg who get the most or high-up arseholes thanking their cronies, it's not what you know............ A friend who's way up in that club got an MBE and he's done SFA except crawl up the ladder.

Being made a fn lord does that mean that the twunts are all now eligble to sit in the house of lords, unelected making decisions on laws, get paid £300 + for just showing their greasy face and get subsidised nosh in their canteen at our expense or am I being fn cynical.

• It's time the dishonours list was scrapped. There are a few worthy peeps given MBEs and OBEs for outstanding community work but ffs how does some tv cooks who's on mega salary qualify. Anybody can be put forward for an award BUT it's the fn wheeltappers and shunters who flop out one tit and show one leg who get the most or high-up arseholes thanking their cronies, it's not what you know............ A friend who's way up in that club got an MBE and he's done SFA except crawl up the ladder.

Being made a fn lord does that mean that the twunts are all now eligble to sit in the house of lords, unelected making decisions on laws, get paid £300 + for just showing their greasy face and get subsidised nosh in their canteen at our expense or am I being fn cynical.

Your not being cynical at all Wulfie, it is a load of old bollox, but, it has been noted that an awful lot got handed out to unknown as in non celebrity/famous people for work in their community. Those thta do the most humble kind generpous useful things for others tend to get least noticed or commended as that kind of thing is selfless so no reward etc is expected or worked for. As for the famous celebrity types just for being on TV or those that society may deem not worthy well why, thye havent been selfless in their communities, it was said on the radio some bint who won some cheap jack baking competition on TV got an honours award, again, why, how the fuck does winning a baking competition on TV make someone worthy of an honours list award.

• Just another fucked up part of a fucked up system invented by fucked up people who don't deserve any of what they have mostly stolen from the poor. The whole system is bent & is just full of thieves & charlatans patting each other on the back as they fuck us all over some more....

• Hmm interesting theres a lot of hate, why does i d s get this, i guess its so he can have a nap in the lords, i know little of this mans poitical history, i dont think he was that good, i am guessing he scratched Borises back or did a favour, all a bit dour really isnt it.

Now here is my take on this, you always think why what makes them so special, why "honour" them well yes a lot of it is "nosing" but a small percent of people are one ofs.

I used to think everyone but everyone should be equal but it never happens, it never will happen god knows why.

I used to get jealous of people in my life why do they get treated so differantly whats special about them.

Heres a take a mass murderer, .

Heres a differant take, a peace maker, an author.storyteller, a doctor whos found many cures for cancer, a scientist who has found a solution to reverse climate.

Bit off topic but are we all equal, no we are all born into differant lifes and life decisions even in poor or wealthy families.

• Equality, like perfection, is not totally possible here.

Not only are we born into different physical and mental heritages, and different parts of society, but some say that we are beings who come here with widely different backgrounds and innate talents, depending on what we did before; wherever we were before we came.

We can only try to treat people equally, and perhaps this lasts only until we get to know them. Then inevitably we will favour some a little more for a variety of reasons, and we will tend to avoid others. This is only natural.

To get back on topic, I see that the honours list first appeared with the full addresses and phone numbers and personal details of everyone on there, and was up there on a government website for all to see before they got wind of it and took it down. An investigation is under way....:whistle:

• I wouldn't know, zendaze, but I should imagine it would be.

I can't help feeling most 'awards' are a lot of old bollox, whether it be the honours list or anything else in the public eye.

There was an ex-managerial type who started giving 'awards' out at our local Shed a year or two ago, without notifying anyone beforehand. Quite embarrassing for those concerned. He got told in no uncertain terms where he could stick them, and hasn't mentioned it since.....:D

• Quote from wizard1luv

Elton John, can play a piano, so can millions of others, big deal, apart from his tunes are utter shite, people actually buy the albums and listen to that crap,

How good any piece of music is like any other art form a case of beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you want to feel more peaceful you could try this piece of music.

• Just another fucked up part of a fucked up system invented by fucked up people who don't deserve any of what they have mostly stolen from the poor. The whole system is bent & is just full of thieves & charlatans patting each other on the back as they fuck us all over some more....

Damn straight BB67, its all part of the charade of said fucked up elitist system.

As it goes, someone sent me the link below to read, a take on the eliteism and the construct of the current system and whereit coud be heading, as in creating a voluntary army out of the public without them knowing and given that huge swathes of the poor and working class sectors of society just voted overwhelmingly for the elite rich party this is an interesting read on psychosocial engineering, once it opens, just scroll down a bit to see the script, interesting website

https://gaslightinggilligan.co…ny-cycle-maslows-martyrs/