Park Up Apps Anyone?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Mmmmm yes, Essex does have erm narrowing it down here, Irish traveller fear which does tar the brush for all. Am sure there are places to tuck away quietly. I didnt know there was something you could download. I know on line maps have been created.

At the end of the day, I dont think one vehicle is going to strike fear in the hearts of the natives, it's the groups pulling onto village greens, play area's, car parks etc. I think your more likely to find places over West and North Essex rather than a ten mile strip going in land from north to south of Essex coast. It's not as if there's much wild land out the way in Essex, it's very farmed and industrial.

• As has been pointed out, park up somewhere quiet on yer own & move on tomorrow, not a big problem yet. Pull up with 20 vans/trailers etc & put out tables & chairs etc & wait for the backlash. Park up apps are good for now but if they start getting heavy usage it will only lead to abuse of the best spots & ultimately access to these spots will be restricted....😕

• Indeed but since back from norfolk all my fav spors are used by hoodrats and drug dealers all nite prob this county line shit? Its definitely a lot worse than last visit in summer ,Only here til 25th then back to Norfolk :rockon:

• Cant help with parkups apps Im in same situ looking for parkup only more long-term... Hsving a trailer is more problematic.

Not very positive note but worth being aware guvmint is proposing changes to issues with nomads travellers and strengthening police powers as per gov info....

Here

Notably the reduction of number of vehicles parked together down to 2..... So if you happened to be by chance parked next to someone else youll be in the frame.

• Indeed but since back from norfolk all my fav spors are used by hoodrats and drug dealers all nite prob this county line shit? Its definitely a lot worse than last visit in summer ,Only here til 25th then back to Norfolk :rockon:

Shame I was at my place in north essex until yesterday , now in Londinium otherwise you could have parked there until the 25th but I have the key to my gate in my pocket

• OK I've had time to peruse the Park4night app and found some local to me at the moment,I know N Essex well and 3 are unsuitable (to small or hassle city) a couple I have considered in past ,a couple look cool I will give them a look,keep you posted.

• Ok first night at a park up that a computer has suggested for me, tbh its somewhere that I wouldn't have thought about and....

It was perfect, no chavs,very little traffic noise(none at night) nice rural Essex outlook,happy nomad .

• Just out if interest I wonder who is behind providing the park up info you have now got. Is it other people who are using the places listed to park up like a network of contributors.

• You are probably not far away from the truth there my friend. Good chance that the police of sussex are recommending good spots to park up in essex and the boys in blue in essex are mentioning good spots in sussex and so forth across the uk !!

• The only one of these type of apps ive used is the wildcamping.co.uk POI app.

I dont know how safe this app is or any other as regards parkups but theyre all potentially open to nefarious use by the authorities.If that worries anyone,dont use it

I like thecwildcamping app ive used it years.

I cant see any obvious problem with park4night,its a French developer and support is France based

Website